Author Topic: The Military and its tactics being visited on the soldiers in Iraq, to reup...  (Read 40791 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club

The Army in Iraq are putting undue pressure on the soldiers there to sign up for another
tour.  They are in a war zone, and afraid of being overtly defiant, for fear of getting placed on the most dangerous missions, and having their dates for departure lengthened, because of
some minor infractions.  My granddaughters husband is now undergoing this very problem.
He is being constantly harranged by his superior officers to get his reenlistment.  He has
told them repeatedly over and over, that he isnt interested.  He wife is against it and there
is no way its going to happen..
    Now they are starting to belittle him, and call him coward and pussy etc.  because of his refusal to bow to their heretofor unsuccessful attempts.. He is afraid to say more for fear
of the retaliation.. So now they are threatening to contact his wife, and so forth...she has
told him to tell them to go ahead and tell them to do so...But that is not the issue, to me
     The real issue is the fact that he is in a dangerous and life threatening situation already.
And now he cant even feel that his officers and superiors have even got his best interests at
heart..          I dont know how the rest of you may feel, but I find this is appalling.  The
military in this country along with our commander in chief are now very quickly losing all the
 gravitas  ive ever given them.

Beautiful mind

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
Hey J.

I don't think I had too much respect for the 'Commander in chief' to begin with, mainly because he's never had the best interest of the country or the men and women who serve at heart.

Sorry to hear that your grand daughter's husband is getting harrassed like that. :-\
Appalling? Certainly is.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 03:35:22 pm by Lucise »

injest

Janice I wish that there was some way to make Bush pay for the things he is doing. He is going to retire in comfort while our kids pay for his mistakes...

I am so sorry to hear that about your grandson-in-law...and they claim that there is no back door draft!

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
It's so sad to read about this young man being scared into signing up for more dangerous missions in Iraq.

I am from Canada.

I have also been saddened by the news about how the military hospitals are treating your injured/damaged veterans.  Many patriotic groups wave the flag in support of the war.  But where are they when the soldiers need respect and support as individual humans at home or overseas.

I think you are right in saying that you "gave gravitas" to the Commander in Chief.  He and the military situation should have earned your gravitas, not received it for free. 

These young men deserve to be individually supported and respected.   And if their rights and freedoms conflict with the President's war, then let your young men prevail.

I wish your grandson-in-law the best.  And all his brother soldiers in Iraq, as well as the Canadians in Afghanistan - where their work has become too combatitive.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
Jeezzz,I didn't know what ta say - bein Canadian, but 2 of yer other respondents are Canadians as well, so ...

I'm at a loss as to what ta say, really. Except, I feel fer ya. {{{janice}}}
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,, i really appreciate them all.               janice

Beautiful mind

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
I wasn't aware the military was harrassing and using psychological abuse in order to get men going into war. I think it is beyond appalling. They seem desperate. You should write about this to your local newspaper. Get the word out there somehow, other than in this forum. I wish the best for your grandson in law and I hope he doesn't succumb to that kind of bullying.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

Update;  Aaron is coming home, and will be here the same weekend I go to
Sanfrancisco.  Thank god and all the universe, he is still safe and in one piece. 
    But yes he did resign, and has to come home for getting further training.  He and Tiffany are both happy he is returning, but they are so upset that he is still under the cloud of having to be redeployed in the future. 
    I think of all the heinous things that the Bush Cheney government has done.  This has been the worst of all.  I am not sure I will feel the same about my country ever again.  All the things that we and they have done.  Things that we have allowed to be done in our name.   Are so egregious and horrible, that it is never to be forgiven by me.  Let alone the rest of the world.
      It hasnt been that long that I was an American Patriot that would have believed that I could not be bested in my fervor.  That is just one more thing I hate them for...Losing my Belief....

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
    Update;  Aaron is coming home, and will be here the same weekend I go to
Sanfrancisco.  Thank god and all the universe, he is still safe and in one piece. 
    But yes he did resign, and has to come home for getting further training.  He and Tiffany are both happy he is returning, but they are so upset that he is still under the cloud of having to be redeployed in the future. 
    I think of all the heinous things that the Bush Cheney government has done.  This has been the worst of all.  I am not sure I will feel the same about my country ever again.  All the things that we and they have done.  Things that we have allowed to be done in our name.   Are so egregious and horrible, that it is never to be forgiven by me.  Let alone the rest of the world.
      It hasnt been that long that I was an American Patriot that would have believed that I could not be bested in my fervor.  That is just one more thing I hate them for...Losing my Belief....

I hear ya Janice!

And now apparently we want to bomb Iran! We need to stop bombing other countries just because we don't agree with them, or we don't like their form of government. They tell us Iran is developing "nuclear weapons". Gee. Where have we heard that one before?

Who's next after Iran? England, because they have a Monarchy? Canada? Mexico?

Hey, maybe we could even start bombing some US states too! Massachusetts anyone? We better go get them! They're too liberal up there anyway! And while we're at it, let's bomb Indiana too! We all know Indiana is one of those states that doesn't really matter. And who needs a "no account" state like that?

When is all this madness going to end?

I'm so happy Aaron is safe at home now, Janice! I hope he never has to go back to that awful war. My cousin Adrian was deployed to Iraq several months ago. He was very scared. My heart skips a beat every time I hear about some soldiers killed over there.

We're in a terrible mess now, and I don't know what we can do about it. And America has certainly changed. Many Americans don't feel patriotic anymore. President Bush flushed us all down the toilet and he doesn't even care. He just continues to lie to everyone. It infuriates me.  >:(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

So true, David so true..I dont even know where we can start to try and repair the terrible
damage that group has done to this country, and others as well.
         Plus i am not even sure we have a country any longer...If the (Chinese bank of international
growth and power) wants to forclose on all of our loans etc.
         Pretty soon all our homes  and businesses are going to go on the chopping block of forclosure.

Beautiful mind