Author Topic: Weather Maps and Google Earth  (Read 2323 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Weather Maps and Google Earth
« on: March 16, 2007, 05:36:38 pm »
I've been playing around with the maps that Phillip put at the bottom of these pages. There are links to all kinds of specialized maps, and one of them is lightning strikes! I went to it (http://www.weather.com/maps/activity/golf/uslightningstrikes_large.html?from=mapofweek)  to see if there are any lightning strikes near Lightning Flat, LOL. There weren't any, but I noticed that it's lightning and nasty near ednbarby's home in Florida!! I hope she doesn't have fireworks for her birthday!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Ellemeno

Re: Weather Maps and Google Earth
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 03:46:37 pm »
I checked it just now, and it looked like the only place in the US getting lightning right now is near Katherine.  That true, K?

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 07:40:53 pm »
Hmm ... not that I saw. It has rained on and off all day. No big storm. But there could have been lightning that I didn't notice. I was concentrating on work, for a change!  ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 09:55:49 am »
There is a swath of clear sky that starts in the upper peninsula of Michigan and stretches west-SW to the Rockies. Everything else around it is cloudy. I have been watching and hoping the skies are clear for the Vernal Equinox and new moon viewing on Brokenback that my friend EDelMar is taking in the past few days! Looks like lightning around katherine's area again today!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"