Author Topic: I Love My Jeans!  (Read 33419 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: I Love My Jeans!
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2007, 10:30:33 am »
Milli, can you wear your boots all around town where you are? I am lucky that I live in a place (Denver) where I can wear my boots and cowboy hat all the time. Though sometimes I do go a bit overboard...when I am wearing my snap-front Western shirt and bolo tie in the spring, sometimes people in the office say, "Uh, Lee, rodeo season (the big rodeo here is in January) is over."

You're in the Rocky Mountains too, correct? I had the impression that one could wear cowboy boots in Calgary and other parts of Alberta. I passed thru there recently on my way to Saskatoon, wearing my boots (they're easy to get on and off at security). But when I got to Saskatoon, people stared at me somethun fierce! And it was different than I thought it would be. Sort of like a little bit of London plopped down on the prairie.

Say I can wear my cowboy boots when I come there in July!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2007, 02:01:13 pm »
There's only one thing better than jeans that fit. Jeans that fit and were a gift from a FRiend! That's right, my favorite jeans were a gift from my Brokie FRiend EDelMar and that's why they're my favorite jeans!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #42 on: May 13, 2007, 08:50:10 am »
I'm thinking about getting a pair of cropped jeans. I've never had any before...what kind of boots do you wear with them? Hehe I suppose you wear sandals or sneakers. Where can you get them? Are they too silly to even consider??

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #43 on: May 13, 2007, 08:47:25 pm »
Where can you get them? Are they too silly to even consider??

Well, slap my ass and call me silly! (You have heard that expression, right?  ;D) Anyway, I have two pairs of cropped jeans. You can get them all kinds of places. I'll model them at the BBQ. Course, that may just reinforce your view that they are too silly to consider!  :laugh:

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2007, 09:07:34 pm »
I'm looking forward so much to seeing you in your cropped jeans! I assure you I won't find it in the least bit silly! (Altho if I were to wear them, I just don't think it would work) Does this mean I get to savor some crayon legs? Can't wait!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2007, 12:04:44 am »
Here I am in my beloved jeans AND my boots! As well as my beloved Prius in which I can go anywhere and do anything! Yee-haw!!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2007, 07:02:51 am »
Guess what I found yesterday evening! Exactly, my favorite jeans  :D. And I didn't even look for them (don't it always seem to go like that; you find things when you're not looking for them  ::)).
Now I can start packing for the BBQ.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2007, 11:55:41 pm »
Today, I decided I needed to buy at least one extra pair of jeans to take to Colorado because 1) it's going to be frickin cold, 2) most of the pants I've been wearing lately are cropped or shorts and 3) I'm not quite skinny enough to fit into my skinny jeans and 4) some of my, ahem, roomier jeans are so long I have to wear them with heels, which I'm not bringing.

So I went to four stores. Struck out at each.

It's hard out there for a jeans wearer!  :-\

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2007, 02:31:04 am »
Today, I decided I needed to buy at least one extra pair of jeans to take to Colorado because 1) it's going to be frickin cold, 2) most of the pants I've been wearing lately are cropped or shorts and 3) I'm not quite skinny enough to fit into my skinny jeans and 4) some of my, ahem, roomier jeans are so long I have to wear them with heels, which I'm not bringing.

So I went to four stores. Struck out at each.

It's hard out there for a jeans wearer!  :-\

I hope you'll find another jeans before the BBQ.
Yesterday evening I decided to better bring a second pair of long jeans, because my favorite ones are 7/8 length (I think that's what you call cropped), just like the third pair of pants I want to bring. Now I think it's better to bring a fourth pair of pants, so I'll have at least two regular long ones.

.... I love it to have a suitcase of my own  :laugh:!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2007, 12:43:01 pm »
I decided I'd better bring one of my pairs of jeans that is too long to wear without heels. I'm not bringing shoes with heels. So a friend suggested going to a fabric store, getting some hem tape, and taping them up. No time for that!!

So I used duct tape.  ;D