Author Topic: Ennis's father was gay, a homosexual maybe?  (Read 5640 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Ennis's father was gay, a homosexual maybe?
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 09:56:14 am »
Thanks Br. Patrick!!

It is great to know about this subject and your ideas about it. Guess, it is discontent and/or fear or?? About being maybe gay... one can find in one's self?? Each individual human seeks to be happy (most persons' I hope), but fears that is sometime impossible in certain society?? - is that it??

Please explain your comment:
In one case my 'unconditional love' caused a gay basher to simply accept his own repressed sexuality.

Was that a case that happened? Can you tell me (us) about this? From an experience... may I ask?
An example... would be great??

Hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 10:27:38 am »
Thanksbrokenbackjack!!

I see that your examination if this subject is revealing greatly so,
great with the text of Annie's and/or the movie.
It does increase this as a puzzle further for me.

May I take two of your sentences:
Ennis obviously suspected that dear old dad was among the killers. Yet even he didn't know.

It could be that Ennis's father was trying to be protective... and sought to be somewhat manly in his way
to protect his two sons. I will come back to that later, if you want... remind me.

However, it could be like Ennis thinks that his dad was the or one of the killers... as he mentions that (this idea) to Jack!! Hard to hear, hard to say... why would Ennis say that of his father??
WHY INDEED!!

Ennis did maybe think his dad was a killer? Or thought that his dad was probably so: a killer?

I know of a gay friend who told me that his first father was a criminal... and I will recheck with him to see if he says his dad was a killer.  His first dad is deceased!

So maybe Ennis's father was a criminal, in more that one way?? All his life?? Even was a murderer?? Hard statement... hard for Ennis to think that??

I heard of a neighbour who placed a bomb at the police station!! Wow, wow!! Criminals...murderers, hate gay men... it seems to me. Some persons prefer to be criminals, even murderers. There seems to be evidence in Annie's book or in the movie that Ennis' father was much more than just a dad, like a criminal even. There are more than one clues!! ??

That is disconforting... was Ennis's father such a bad apple?? And he sought that his boys were to become criminals too??

Does Annie mention that Ennis's father showed that horrible scene of the murdered gay man (of the couple), to his two boys or only to Jack??

You saw that Ennis did not know if his dad was the or one of the killers... but it could be that he did know??

There is also other disturbing evidence in the movie.

Awaiting your thoughts, research, ideas, etc.,

hugs!!

Offline Br. Patrick

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "So what're we gonna do now?"
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 02:57:02 pm »
Please explain your comment:
In one case my 'unconditional love' caused a gay basher to simply accept his own repressed sexuality.

Was that a case that happened? Can you tell me (us) about this? From an experience... may I ask?
An example... would be great??

To tell the whole story would be violating the rights of another human being.  Let's just say that a homeless, alcoholic, sociopath, lived on and off with me for about 4 1/2 years.   He fulfilled my 'lust' while I fulfilled his NEED to be desired by a male.  Not a pretty tale.  He beat me up several times and the police were called.   After he gave himself to me sexually to avoid being evicted by my landlord he had to come to terms with his own needs.  I mean the guy was Hard before anything happened.  Eventually I did ask him to leave and he came up with the idea of Las Vegas.  So, on June 2, 2003, I sent him by bus to Las Vegas.  I received a call from him on December 24, 2006 in which he expressed his gratitude for my hospitality and that he was a worker in the same rehab center that he himself rehabbed in.  I prayed 'what to do' during the whole episode and took it day by day.  My prayers ANSWER was 'not to reject him and that we will both get what we need.'   And that's exactly what happened.  My need for lust was healed and his need for alcohol was healed.  Happy ending to a part of my life I don't like to think about.  God loved this man 'unconditionally through me' something the guy never experienced before.   As I said to go into more detail would be violating his story.   We both 'got what we needed' in a way that still blows my mind...

;) br. patrick
Lean on me, let our hearts beat in time,
Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long.
Who cares where we go on this rugged old road
In a world that may say that we're wrong.

...Cause I know - A love that will never grow old.

Gustavo Santaolalla & Bernie Taupin

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 05:57:23 pm »
Artiste you really need to read the SS for yourself.Describing it does nothing.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2007, 11:10:50 pm »
Thanks Br. Patrick!!

Your story of your life with that guy who was with you, is indeed interesting!!

And helpful too.

You detailed it well. I understand it now. I am grateful for your details!! Be assured that can help me and others maybe too!!

Thanks very much,

hugs!!