Author Topic: Ennis and Jake are homosexuals, bi-sexuals or??  (Read 28295 times)

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Ennis and Jake are homosexuals, bi-sexuals or??
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2007, 12:50:26 pm »
Thanks RossInIllinois!

You say this:
Hello People??  this is a fictional story!

For many reasons, I think that this is yes a fictional story, and, also a non-fictional story!

Just for instance (just as one example), there have been many true stories on TV news and documentary films this year and last year, about some persons who are obligated to marry the one that their parents do want, especially if they are of a certain religion, cast, etc.; so this subject is in a way to-day's! And, we are finding in Canada and in the USA such obligated marriages and those who refused are killed, yes murdered. If we let, as free citizens, such murderers run our countries, are we civilized? How many gay men were burned to death in the WWII only because they were gay, countless,  and other persons were murdered because murderers room. If Ennis is a straight man or a gay man and/or something else, that needs to be talked about, I think, as we can NOT be blind because many gay men are being murdered to-day in our countries and elsewhere for NOTHING!

Pray you inderstand why I am searching in many ways how to stop the needless killing of gay men and of others??

Your ideas are invited!! Please!! True, it could be that Annie did a fiction story; however, she did surely know about the needless killing of the Sheperd gay man, yes? And she still thinks about that, as she fears ( I feel) for gay men as she thinks daily about Ennis and Jack even to-day after she wrote her story!!

I would appreciate your ideas, etc., here, RossInIllinois,

like always your comments I do,

hugs!!

If you could figure that out sweetheart,  you would win a Nobel Peace Prize!

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2007, 02:31:30 pm »
Thanks RossInIllinois!

Replying to your comment which is this:
If you could figure that out sweetheart,  you would win a Nobel Peace Prize!

I like your sense of humour!

Yes, let us do that aim high, as it would be great to prevent somehow as this can maybe do so too, murders of gay men and of others persons!!

Waiting for a clue from you on this, too!
And if you figure Ennis and Jack are gays, bi-, straights, and /or?
as that might help.... and you are welcome,

hugs!

Offline fritzkep

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2007, 04:34:10 pm »
Hey Artiste, you asked me to add my $0.02, so here goes.

As far as I'm concerned, Jack was the love of Ennis' life, and vice versa. If society had not forced them to marry women, with children as a natural result of their marriages, I think they would have stayed together and have had a happy if not exactly strife-free partnership. So, in that sense, I would say that they were gay. No woman could provide the physical love that they were seeking.

Hugs!

Werd ich zum Augenblicke sagen, "Verweile doch! Du bist so schön..."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2007, 04:49:15 pm »
Thanks fritzkep!

I think like you do... in a way!!

May I ask this? If Ennis (which I felt Ennis wanted) and Jack had married their ladies, and still they had told their wives, all the four could have stayed together, maybe??

Is that possible to-day?? Not too much of a big maybe??

Hugs!!

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2007, 05:34:12 pm »
I doubt it, even today, since Alma and Lureen would have not put up with it. Jack and Ennis could accept each other being with women, but the women would have felt threatened by their men being intimate with other men.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2007, 05:58:12 pm »
I totally agree with you, Fritz.  And I think Ennis and Jack were able to accept the idea of one another being with women because they both knew that, like you said, no woman could provide the physical (and I also think emotional) bond they provided to each other.

No more beans!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2007, 06:16:26 pm »
Hey Artiste, you asked me to add my $0.02, so here goes.

As far as I'm concerned, Jack was the love of Ennis' life, and vice versa. If society had not forced them to marry women, with children as a natural result of their marriages, I think they would have stayed together and have had a happy if not exactly strife-free partnership. So, in that sense, I would say that they were gay. No woman could provide the physical love that they were seeking.

Hugs!

FRITZ!!!!!

hell, great to see you! [ a bit OT but I wonder --after the BBQ reactions--why Cullen attracts some pretty cool Brokies, --with a few wacks---why BM attracts funky cool brokies---with fewer wacks---and the 3rd forum  @!#$%#$%^& #$%^^& #@$ 3456 with a few cool BROKIES. Are we just lucky???LOLOLOL]

That's a great explanation of their essential gayness fritz.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2007, 06:17:11 pm »
You're right about the emotional bond, of course. Jack and Ennis were such that each needed each other badly. Not even another man would have been sufficient for each of them. Having said that, I remain hopeful that Ennis, after Jack's passing, would have somehow found another man (not unlike Ellery!), not as a replacement for Jack by any means, but as a way for him to share his love, and relieve his terrible loneliness.

Offline fritzkep

« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2007, 06:18:09 pm »
Hey Jack! Great to see you here too!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2007, 06:21:39 pm »
Thanks fritzkep, neverenoughm and brokebabckjack!!!

Then why did Ennis wife wait so long??

Hugs!!!