Author Topic: Show Us Your Shrine!  (Read 7740 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: Show Us Your Shrine!
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2007, 10:35:12 am »
These 3 pics are at my desk at work.  Once, when the movie first came out, a fellow employee stopped by my desk.  He got this amazed look on his face (it was easy to guess he was gay) "Is that Brokeback Mountain?"  then after a long pause, said, "Good for you." and walked off.

I had a similar, quizzical thing happen to me at work. I don't have any BbM photos on display at work, but the screensaver on my PC is a constantant rotation of pics of mountains, snowy peaks and flowery alpine meadows, etc. It doesn't take much to put two and two together, I guess. It was sometime early in 2006. A work colleague had been away on vacation. On the day she returned, we were chatting and she was telling me about her wonderful vacation in France. The highlight of her trip, however, appeared to be the inflight movie she saw en route. Yes, you guessed it! She made a point of telling me that BbM had been one of the in-flight movies, and how much she'd loved it. And yes, there was a tear in her eye as she did so. I cannot recall anyone ever before telling me what in-flight movie they saw on vacation.   ;)   ;)   ;)   :) 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2007, 11:16:10 am »
Aw, c'mon Eric, post it once again. We have a lot some new members who haven't seen it! Whadah I haveta do? Beg??

Maybe he needs one a your matin' calls.  :-\  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2007, 11:21:38 am »
I had a similar, quizzical thing happen to me at work. I don't have any BbM photos on display at work, but the screensaver on my PC is a constantant rotation of pics of mountains, snowy peaks and flowery alpine meadows, etc. It doesn't take much to put two and two together, I guess.  

Well over a year ago I found an autographed poster listed for sale on eBay. I printed out a picture of the poster  ;) and have it framed and hanging over my desk at work. A coworker once asked me, "Is that Heath Ledger's and Jake Gyllenhaal's autograph?"

I replied, "Do you really think that if I had Heath and Jake's autographs I would leave it hanging up here?" We both had a good laugh over that!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2007, 11:29:26 am »
Well over a year ago I found an autographed poster listed for sale on eBay. I printed out a picture of the poster  ;) and have it framed and hanging over my desk at work. A coworker once asked me, "Is that Heath Ledger's and Jake Gyllenhaal's autograph?"

I replied, "Do you really think that if I had Heath and Jake's autographs I would leave it hanging up here?" We both had a good laugh over that!

Is this it?
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2007, 12:12:04 pm »
Is this it?

Actually, no. The one I printed the picture of has Heath's signature in red and Jake's in black, and they did not write their character names under their signatures. Actually, it looks just like the poster that you wrote that you have in your kitchen.

Unfortunately I don't have an electronic image of the picture I printed. Back in those days of early 2006, I was still using dial-up, and downloading pictures was almost impossible. Printing the image wasn't, though.  ;)

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 08:59:44 pm »
The highlight of her trip, however, appeared to be the inflight movie she saw en route. Yes, you guessed it! She made a point of telling me that BbM had been one of the in-flight movies, and how much she'd loved it. And yes, there was a tear in her eye as she did so. I cannot recall anyone ever before telling me what in-flight movie they saw on vacation.   ;)   ;)   ;)   :) 

This shocks me, honestly.  Wait, I'm going to suppose she was not flying on an American carrier?  Even with the sex and nudity cut, you think you would hear howling from the captive family audience on airlines.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 12:30:03 am »
This shocks me, honestly.  Wait, I'm going to suppose she was not flying on an American carrier?  Even with the sex and nudity cut, you think you would hear howling from the captive family audience on airlines.

I didn't ask her what carrier it was. However, flying between Australia and Europe, it was probably QANTAS, the Australian airline. I'm lead to believe QANTAS is very gay. Hard to find a straight steward on a QANTAS flight, I believe!!!  ;)  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 12:32:25 am »
Actually, no. The one I printed the picture of has Heath's signature in red and Jake's in black, and they did not write their character names under their signatures. Actually, it looks just like the poster that you wrote that you have in your kitchen.

Unfortunately I don't have an electronic image of the picture I printed. Back in those days of early 2006, I was still using dial-up, and downloading pictures was almost impossible. Printing the image wasn't, though.  ;)

Here's one of my favourite BbM pics, signed by Jake, as Jack:

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline ffrn

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2007, 08:46:15 am »

I didn't ask her what carrier it was. However, flying between Australia and Europe, it was probably QANTAS, the Australian airline. I'm lead to believe QANTAS is very gay. Hard to find a straight steward on a QANTAS flight, I believe!!!  ;)  :D

The third time I saw BBM was on a flight from Sydney to LA in May last year.  And yes it was Qantas and no, NOTHING was cut.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2007, 08:57:39 am »

I don't fly myself, but I am told by those who do fly that the screen is mounted on the back of the seat in front of you, and that you get to choose what film you want to watch. So, presumably, you can also choose what you don't want to watch (or what your children watch). Is that correct? I don't know about this personally. Just second-hand.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν