Author Topic: Are the Grand Tetons of USA in the Brokeback Mountain film??  (Read 12677 times)

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Are the Grand Tetons of USA in the Brokeback Mountain film??
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2007, 05:52:32 pm »
so far as I know the only use of the Tetons was in the advertising, the film was shot in Alberta.
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2007, 06:44:25 pm »
Thanks brokenbackjack!!

So the Grand Tetons were used only in advertising and not in the film, maybe.

Which advertising?

Hugs!!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2007, 03:12:03 am »
Annie says she had heard of Brokenback but not been there, the name sounded ominous and she made it more ominous by taking the N out.

The photos of the Tetons were used in the famous film poster at Ang Lee's insistence.

Personally I disbelieve  the published explanation regarding the genesis of the particular story called BBM, but that is "nobody's business but mine." End discussion.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2007, 12:07:05 pm »
Thanks brokebackjack!!

Your comments are very interesting to me.
May I ask you 3 or 4 questions to your comments??

You say and comment this: Annie says she had heard of Brokenback but not been there, the name sounded ominous and she made it more ominous by taking the N out.

I agree with Annie and you!! To me, somehow, had Annie used Brokenback, then that was too difficult for her story! Here is my thought of the beggining of her story: Ennis' back was broken already by his father... in many ways. But in some ways, so was Jack's back broken too. There is, fortunately, there and then room for her to start and continue the story, even if both of these guys back's were broken somewhat already, they are still alive!! The opposite of alive is dead, unfortunately! So continuing her story, she did so in the present tense mostly thank goodness, (for many reasons) as she tried to have Ennis still live...but Jack will eventually live in Ennis's memory only... at the end. Before, the end, there is stuggle as well as love between the two (Ennis and Jack), but there is also strong society (of love as well as hate) which is another battle. So for some of these reason and others, Annie could NOT have used the word Brokenback!! I say. I could say much more... as secrets.

Why do you think Annie still made it omimous as you use that word?? As this is indeed important to me, I will regard your answer(s) as very important!! May I dwell on this as a subject?

I will ask the other questions later, OK? Remind me. Please remind me, if I forget.

Awaiting your thoughts,

hugs!!

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 02:59:04 pm »
Artiste, I believe she recognized the 'ominous' sound of 'brokeback' in English....as in what happened on the mountain when they left it eventually violently broke them, broke their spirits, broke their backs.

It does have an ominous sound to it, doesn't it? A perfect name for a film/book about rural homophobia. You need to read it. It is brilliant, written as a series of flashbacks; the Prologue tells us the tale is over before the story starts...

Offline Artiste

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 09:39:20 pm »
Thanks brokeback jack!!

I find your description brilliant!! Very beautiful! As Annie's story is amazing!!
You share the sound with me of words, emotions, etc., like Ennis and Jack did with the mouthpiece??

Talking about perspectives, about the word brokenback or brokeback, either way, Annie's story shines...
as she breaks our backs too!! As we survive life... and the film/story too!! Annie gets us ready... for a better life?? WE, gay men, and society, must protect ourselves... as violence is present, could be and might become worst??

Indeed I consider Ennis and Jack in the state of brokenness (in the state of being broken)
at the mountain the  first time Ennis and Jack are there, and all other times up there afterwards; plus, all other occassions down!!

Brokeback is therefore the brilliant word, Annie uses with valuable information!!

Even Ennis is more and more speaking in an brokenly manner, wow wow!! Plus, jack becomes more so too, it seems?? Yes in an broken interrupted manner?? What do you think?

Hugs!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 09:45:44 pm »
There is a discussion about this that you might enjoy reading, it's at

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,1154.0.html

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 11:49:13 pm »
Thanks Front-Ranger!!

Thanks for mentioning that! Wow, wonderful!!

Guess much more can be said?

Hugs!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2007, 10:07:14 am »
That is for sure, Artiste. This ain't no little thing we got going on here.  :)

As long as we can ride 'em.  :D

There ain't no reins on this one.  ;D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2007, 10:08:39 am »
By the way, I learned from my FRiend EDelMar that on a clear day you CAN see the Tetons from the summit of Brokenback Mountain.