Author Topic: What is your religion?  (Read 48721 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
Re: What is your religion?
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2006, 10:37:43 pm »
Actually, that's a tincture of a leaf called Aztec Gold, not an actual tincture of gold..... Wish it were.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Odd Request, but may be suitable to place here.
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2006, 10:42:53 pm »
Does anyone know where I can buy Tincture of Gold for an alchemy ritual I'm performing...?

Or if not Tincture of Gold, where I can buy pure gold by the gram?

Since a tincture is just an infusion in alcohol, may I suggest Goldschlager?  It's an alcoholic cordial with real flakes of gold already in it.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 10:44:44 pm by delalluvia »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2006, 10:44:21 pm »
Daniel -

I am being totally serious when I ask this quetion, but couldn't you use some of that liquid gold they sell to dip jewelry in? In the advertisements they say it is 24K gold.

Would that work for you or no?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2006, 10:49:05 pm »
Hmm, well neither of those will work really....

Tincture of Gold is a very specific chemical solution which is heated at just the right temperature until the gold is evenly spread throughout the solution. I will probably have to make it myself, I just need the pure gold, only 3 grams of it.

It's better to make alchemical things yourself anyway.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #114 on: July 21, 2006, 12:26:24 pm »
Well it was easy enough to procure the gold.... $20.00 on Ebay will get you at least a few grams of unrefined 23K gold in flake form.

Now to procure the rest of what I need for the Tincture of the Sun: that's going to be significantly more difficult. This is hilarious. You would think the gold would be the most expensive part. To get the rest of what I would need to make the tincture will cost me about $350.00... :(

• Spirit of Salt (Hydrochloric Acid) $19.00
  • Spirit of Nitre (Nitric Acid) $17.00
  • Ether (Purified Ether (C4H10O) $47.00
  • Water of Life / Spirit of Wine (Concentrated Aqueous Ethanol 200 proof) $28.00
  • Glass Syringe $38.00
  • Glassware Kit $189.95

Of course, I don't know what I'm complaining about... Seeing the film 25 times in the theatre, buying two DVDs, the poster, the book, the ~Unmentionable Awards~ consideration book, has cost me about $400.00 total, but thats a rough estimate.... and I guess another $100.00 for various books, notebooks, pens, paints, pigments, for my diligant study of personal transformation, and well I did spend about $200.00 on a computer so I could work on my book in privacy.... Wow, this is really adding up. This is the most expensive thing that's ever happened to me.  :laugh: I guess you get out of it what you put into it though, so its all good.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 12:49:36 pm by Daniel »

vkm91941

« Reply #115 on: July 21, 2006, 01:12:02 pm »
Well it was easy enough to procure the gold.... $20.00 on Ebay will get you at least a few grams of unrefined 23K gold in flake form.

Now to procure the rest of what I need for the Tincture of the Sun: that's going to be significantly more difficult. This is hilarious. You would think the gold would be the most expensive part. To get the rest of what I would need to make the tincture will cost me about $350.00... :(

• Water of Life / Spirit of Wine (Concentrated Aqueous Ethanol 200 proof) $28.00
  • Glass Syringe $38.00
  • Glassware Kit $189.95

Of course, I don't know what I'm complaining about... Seeing the film 25 times in the theatre, buying two DVDs, the poster, the book, the ~Unmentionable Awards~ consideration book, has cost me about $400.00 total, but thats a rough estimate.... and I guess another $100.00 for various books, notebooks, pens, paints, pigments, for my diligant study of personal transformation, and well I did spend about $200.00 on a computer so I could work on my book in privacy.... Wow, this is really adding up. This is the most expensive thing that's ever happened to me.  :laugh: I guess you get out of it what you put into it though, so its all good.

Wow Daniel, fascinating.  SO when your all done what exactly is this tincture supposed to do?  What's it's purpose?  Serious question I am really interested.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #116 on: July 21, 2006, 01:16:15 pm »
"Tincture Of Gold" contains the energy, vibration, purity and beauty of Gold, the mineral of light. "Tincture Of Gold" is congealed sunlight; a super conductor which revitalizes and regenerates the blood, the cells and the subtle bodies...

In addition, "Tincture Of Gold" serves to align us with the universal perfected energies within the sun itself. This subtle, yet powerful agent raises the consciousness of our cells (our self), and promotes peace, harmony and vitality...

As to what I am personally doing with it.... its a little surprise.. But I'll let you know as soon as I'm done.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #117 on: July 21, 2006, 10:14:06 pm »

• Glass Syringe $38.00
  • Glassware Kit $189.95

Being CM is always expensive.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #118 on: July 21, 2006, 10:27:24 pm »
CM?

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #119 on: July 21, 2006, 10:28:55 pm »
CM?

Sorry, most people I know who do alchemaic (sp?) rituals are CM (Ceremonial Magicians).