Author Topic: Shows We Like (The TV Appreciation Thread For All!)  (Read 10041 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Shows We Like (The TV Appreciation Thread For All!)
« on: March 25, 2007, 01:15:25 pm »
I thought it would be fun to compile a list of television shows we enjoy watching, updated whenever we find something new that's worthwhile.

I am going to kick things off with a nod to a show that is among my favorites, but isn't even on American television.  It's something from the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC), and it's about to kick off a new season.

The Chaser's War on Everything is a fun look at the week's events in Australian pop culture (especially what commercial television networks are on about) and politics.  The hosts lampoon the vapidity of things like sensationalistic TV news-tabloid candy like the always-shallow Today Tonight or Current Affair programs (Americans - imagine if E! was in charge of running a serious newscast), poke fun at Australian business excess, and even gets access to John Howard from time to time, showing Australian politicians are considerably more accessible than American ones are.

Even if you won't get all of the political and cultural references, the show is incredibly original and entertaining for everyone.  If you like The Daily Show, you'd probably find plenty to enjoy from The Chaser's.

Best of all this show can be downloaded (and even subscribed to as a video podcast) so everyone can watch.  I highly recommend it, and the new season starts March 28th!

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/chaser/war/
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

injest

Re: Shows We Like (The TV Appreciation Thread For All!)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 01:41:31 pm »
ok this isn't any high brow entertainment...but I sure enjoy "The Best Week Ever" on VH1...their comments on current events crack me up!

mvansand76

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 07:43:39 am »
Really the only TV shows I watch are:

Grey's Anatomy
Lost
House

GA because of the great dialogue and the flawed, almost unlikeable characters. Lost because I really have no clue what's going on and House because I love Hugh Laurie and he is such a bastard in this.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 08:58:23 am »
My current list:

NCIS

Law and Order: SVU

Crossing Jordan

Medium

My Name is Earl

C.S.I.

Numbers

Kinda heavy on the crime procedurals, isn't it?

A show I've caught a couple of times and liked is The Dresden Files.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 09:40:47 am »
The Amazing Race - its interesting to see all the different cultures and the beautiful bits of worlds out there and also to see the American teams interaction and integration (or the lack of it) with these cultures.

Its also interesting to see how team dynamics move and how relationships grow or flounder under the pressure, the scary tasks, but also the new world they are seeing with each other and the new appreciation for each other they may or may not be finding.

It also helps me to grow my ever expanding list of places to see and things to do.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 09:51:52 am »
Shows I watch:

The Amazing Race.   CBS

Desparate Housewives.  ABC

The Riches   

Boston Legal.   ABC

Jericho. CBS

Survivor.   CBS

LOST.   ABC

CSI  Las Vegas.   CBS

sometimes:

Law & Order.    NBC

SmallVille.      WB

« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 06:49:54 am by DavidinHartford »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 12:15:12 pm »
Arrested Development

The Colbert Report

Psych
(silly but cute)

For the four year old crowd:

Clifford the Big Red Dog

Postcards from Buster

Signing Time

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2007, 03:19:04 am »
I forgot to include

The Riches

I've been giving that a chance.  Anybody else seen it?

Offline David

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2007, 06:51:53 am »
I forgot to include

The Riches

I've been giving that a chance.  Anybody else seen it?

I do!    I just went up and added it to my list!    LOL.

I think it is one of the most original shows on TV right now.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 01:57:44 am »
Ok, I just watched the pilot of Steven's Botchco's war series Over There and was blown away it was even better the second time around!  But the reason I'm posting is that I googled Luke McFarlane who plays Frank "Dim" Dumphy, I'm gathering a list of sexy Canadians, and gort all this shit about him being Wentworth Miller's lover!!  How the fuck did I miss that?!  Is there any truth to this wet dream of a rumour?!

Anyhoo, I'm off to visit my sister for the holidays tomorrow so I wish you all a great Christmas or whatever else you might be celebrating!!  May it be filled with love, fun and sexiness!  I'll check back here on Thursday or Friday...