Author Topic: Cats, cats, cats, stories...??  (Read 19918 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Cats, cats, cats, stories...??
« on: March 25, 2007, 08:21:15 pm »
As I said to someone, I was never so much for cats.

Until something happened.

You want to know about cats?? My stories??

I want to know yours....

awaiting your news,

hugs!!

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
Re: Cats, cats, cats, stories...??
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 08:29:51 pm »
I have three cats - Pepper, Max, and Mamadu!

There are two cats that live on the farm that aren't mine, I call them Kitten and Boyfriend!
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline Artiste

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 08:43:02 pm »
Thanks injest!!

First of all, what is cryptic?? As I can NOT find it in my dictionnary for tanslation!!

Please, give my sample as when I was cryptic, as you say I was that before??

Just guessing that word cryptic could be I like your cat's name: Crybaby?? As that is the next word in my dictionnary!!

Tell me stories of your cats!! One??

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 08:45:14 pm »
That must be nice to have such a family like of cats notBastet!!

You have a story/stories??

Thanks,

hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 03:36:54 pm »
No cat stories from anyone?

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 09:08:47 pm »
I don't have anything specific to say but I think that every loved cat (or any pet) has a story. We still talk about our cats and pets even ones that have been gone for many years.

Right now I only have one older kitty. She's a crazy little calico and as long as she is with me, I canl not have any other cats. (unless a stray came along, than I would try to make it work)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 09:46:14 pm »
Thanks Wishes!!

Only at one of my residences did I have cats. Never thought I would!

One day, it seems like a stray cat came around... like some used to do so. But this one was not. She had a leg nearly cut of, at least to the knee! She was new here! So, I knew having lived on ranch and/or farm in my youth or my friend told me, that she came to die. I did not want her to past away! She was beautiiful and intelligent... indeed I found that out later. I placed food for her... but she refused as usually they do not eat! So my friend said try, and try to feed her; he tried patiently too. We left food... and we saw eventually she did eat. She stayed in the garage entering and leaving as she wanted. The neighbour was bad with killer dogs... who even tried to kill me and her. She saved my live, more than once. I saved her too by placing my truck close by for her to hide if she needed too do so. And left a small hole for her only to enter the garage attached to the house.

Winters, I left her pillows in the garage. Each year, she had kittens, so beautiful and intelligent like her.

Years after, she passed away, I guessed. I still miss her. Pray she is in peace. She saved my life many times from criminals!!!

This is a real story. You have a story?

Pray it helps...

hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 11:18:38 am »
Thanks injest!

Good story! It is a wonder as to why certain cats run like that!

As certain humansdo that too!! Not only as a child or youth, even as an adult!
I remember an adult on a bicycle. He slammed at high speed into my truck. He said to me: I knew having seen your truck there, and I do not know why I did slam into it, as I could have easily avoided that!!
Last year, there is a young man who was on his snowmobile he used on the lake behind here, and he slam in high speed into his truck killing himself right away!! He knew his truck was there, as he had placed it!!
May I blame TV as too many killings gratuitous and ceaseless in the movies as if it's OK for those actions that too many women and men do to-day??

Oh, as I had asked you injest what is cryptic, may I re-ask you to do so; plus a sample as to how I do that!!

Hugs!

Any other cat stories injest and everyone??

Love 'em!!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 04:00:20 pm »
I had a cat that would play a game with me. He would run very fast through the house....over the couch, over my husbands chair, across the coffee table, down the hall and into the bathroom; where he would jump into the bathtub and wait for me to come in so he could jump high in the air with his legs all extended to 'scare' me and then he would run away....

one day he started his round right after I had got out of the tub; I tried to cut him off but he dodged around me and dashed into the bathroom, JUMPED up into the air to get in the tub...looked down....saw that the tub was still full of water....it was JUST like a cartoon...he practically stopped in midair, turning completely around and landed hiney first and took off. (I tried not to laugh but it was hilarious) He wouldnt speak to me for days

He didn't do this again for a couple of weeks....then one day he did...running 90 miles an hour thru the house, got to the bathroom and remembered what had happened the last time, and tried to stop. Well the bathroom floor is a little slick and when he slammed on the brakes, he slid across the room and WHAM into the side of the tub. (well I TRIED not to laugh again but come on...)

:laugh: :laugh:

GREAT story, Jess, and beautifully told.  :)  I had a beloved little Siamese named Lucy who would do something similar:  She and my (then)husband used to play a sort of hide and seek, where he would go and crouch behind the couch, or the coffee table, and then she would come sauntering around the side of it, and when they made eye contact, she would raise up on her back paws, and lift her little front paws wide and high in the air like a micro-polar bear.  (Then) husband would do it too - he would rear up on his knees and lift his arms up in the air in front of her, like they were doing giant greetings with each other. 

Then she would run off one way, and he would run the other and "hide" again (it was a tiny apartment, and she always knew where he was).  Then she would come walking around the corner of the piece of furniture and when they made eye contact, they would both raise up like polar bears, and the game would continue.  She had the funniest sense fo humor of any cat I have known.

Lucy and I had a game too - when I would come home, I would leave the front door open, but the screen door would be closed.  I would go right to the living room couch and lay down.  Lucy would be outside somewhere roaming around, but when she heard me come home, she would dash across the yard, pull the screen door open quickly with a practiced flick of one claw, and come speeding in and land right on my chest on the couch, where we would have an enthusiastic reunion.  She was one of the best cats ever, ever, ever. 

I wish I didn't have to tell the sad part of her story - one Christmas, when we were away for a few days, my (then)husband's sister was supposed to stay at our house to cat sit.  Well, turns out she didn't.  >:(  She just came a couple of times and threw food down for Lucy.  Anyway, on Christmas Eve, Lucy was hit by a car and died, on the road outside our property.  She had never been out on that road before, as far as I knew.  It was a couple of minutes walk from the house.  I think she was out looking for us.  :(  She was still only about two years old.

One more story - when she was still very young, we had a table lamp that had this sort of bowl that wrapped around the base of the lamp.  Lucy would carefully get up into it, and then melt from the warnth of the lamp into a perfect circle that filled the entire bowl, head twisted under, nose to tail tip, just a limp puddle of melted cat.

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 06:19:24 pm »
Artiste, That was a nice story. Stray cats are always special because they come to us and needed us. Our most special stray was Brandy. We got her when I was in high school. She was half wild, very very thin and only had one eye. Of coarse we never knew how she lost her eye and the vet could not guess either. She died on my parents couch of old age.

My girl I lost two years ago to old age/kidney failure was also a stray. She was not quite a year and I made an indoor cat out of her and she never once tried to get outside. I guess she was happy to have a home.  :)

Ellemeno, I'm so sorry to hear how you lost your kitty. Makes me sick. I have to say that the only other people I would give any of my cats to would be my parents. I would not even give them to my brother. Not that he would mistreat but he wouldn't give them the care I do. When I'm too old and there would not be anyone else to take my cats/pets when I'm gone, than I would want them put to sleep. A friend of my parents has actually put this in writing regarding her pets. I keep my cats strictly indoors.