Author Topic: Castles Made of Sand, by Jacksraven and SublimeTreats  (Read 2335 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Castles Made of Sand, by Jacksraven and SublimeTreats
« on: April 07, 2007, 04:51:33 pm »
A new story, only one chapter in, but really intriguing so far. It explores what might have happened between Jack and Ennis had Ennis been in a postition to be a little more "free" with his love. It takes place in the free lovin' 60's in San Fran. The prose and dialogue are both really great, and I'm willing to see where these two new authors take this, even if the idea sounds a little crazy.

Chapter 1 http://sublimetreats.livejournal.com/1435.html

They say chapter 2 should be up this weekend!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Castles Made of Sand, by Jacksraven and SublimeTreats
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 09:03:21 pm »
Keep me posted on this one Minch-I just haven't been in the right frame of mind to start it.

O0

Heathen

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
Re: Castles Made of Sand, by Jacksraven and SublimeTreats
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 09:21:19 pm »
No problem, Roux!

They posted Chapter 2 this weekend http://sublimetreats.livejournal.com/1732.html

I know what you mean, I wasn't in the right mood to start it either, but people kept talking about it and the first few paragraphs grabbed me right away. The prose is really lovely. And, uh, they seem to be stoned constantly, which keeps the free love flowin' a bit, if you know what I mean. And there's a really sexy part with Jack and a bong. Did I mention I really like the direction this fic is going? LOL
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73