Author Topic: "One-Shot-Deal" Works of Fiction  (Read 4276 times)

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
"One-Shot-Deal" Works of Fiction
« on: April 22, 2006, 10:59:47 am »
I wrote some "one-shot" Brokeback fics some time ago - put 'em on the "Wranglers" and "BrokebackSlash" LJ's at the time, but I thought some of you might also enjoy 'em.  You can find them on the new Brokeback Fanfic site "The Devil's Right Hand".   ;)

Skinny Dipping - What happened when Ennis and Jack jumped off that cliff into the water?  NC-17 (alternate link)

Lost Dreams - Jack's POV, including a "missing moment in time" on Brokeback in 1963.  Mild R.  (alternate link)
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: "One-Shot-Deal" Works of Fiction
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2006, 08:20:52 pm »
Your "Lost Dreams" Inspired me to write a really nasty one...not that youirs was nasty, just downbeat. coming soon to a theater near you (actually, I started writing on it right HERE, and kicked my computer out...so I won't try that again! Thought I'd just write some sample dialogue, and couldn't stop...there's a time and a plaCE FOR EVERYTHING!)

I haven't got a 'word" or any kind of "document" file to write on--guess I'll use a big e-mail...
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 02:58:47 am »
I just read "Skinny Dipping".  It was a very well written "one-shot-thing", passionate, sexy and loving.  Oh my, we have so many good writers on this board :).  Hope you find your muse soon and write some more!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 03:43:45 am »
Oh well, I know I have to finish the other story once I have started the first one. :).

Another great "missing scene"!  I like the way you portrayed Jack's morning routine and his feelings at the beginning of the story before Ennis joined him.  The ending, of course, is sad.

My favorite line in the story is "Jack thought he knew but didn't voice anything to Ennis. He feared his voice wouldn't do justice to the question any more than Ennis would be able to acknowledge the true answer. "

Do you write missing scene by order?  If you do, I have a few that don't mind to be illustrated :D.

Well done!

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Here is a REAL GOOD one-shot-deal I, just uncovered
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 06:52:59 pm »
http://community.livejournal.com/bbm_weekly/3004.html

For some reason it is called "Kin", not sure why....  written by "rvanv", found at BBM Weekly in LJ.

Fellow Brokies, here is a one-shot deal, it is REALLY REALLY good, it is all about the bloody shirts, Jack taking them up to LF, that's all I'm gonna say.... 

There oughta be a name for fanfic that fills in the spaces of BBM, ie.:  expands on the strory, fills in the gaps and gives us unseen footage, if-you-will.  I once referred to this as the Real Deal, not sure if that is a good name for it....

In any case here it is, it is not very long at all, and we could also regard it as a long-lost fanfic of BBM, as it was written way way back on January 1st!!

Hope you like it.    :D

PS:  Does anyone have the writings by "nueontz", one is called That Time a Yours a Horseback (I think it is a one-shot deal) and one is called Green Eyes?  They are gone from LJ and I cannot find them anywhere....

J
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
Re: Here is a REAL GOOD one-shot-deal I, just uncovered
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 07:11:06 pm »
http://community.livejournal.com/bbm_weekly/3004.html

For some reason it is called "Kin", not sure why....  written by "rvanv", found at BBM Weekly in LJ.

Fellow Brokies, here is a one-shot deal, it is REALLY REALLY good, it is all about the bloody shirts, Jack taking them up to LF, that's all I'm gonna say.... 

There oughta be a name for fanfic that fills in the spaces of BBM, ie.:  expands on the strory, fills in the gaps and gives us unseen footage, if-you-will.  I once referred to this as the Real Deal, not sure if that is a good name for it....

In any case here it is, it is not very long at all, and we could also regard it as a long-lost fanfic of BBM, as it was written way way back on January 1st!!

Hope you like it.    :D

PS:  Does anyone have the writings by "nueontz", one is called That Time a Yours a Horseback (I think it is a one-shot deal) and one is called Green Eyes?  They are gone from LJ and I cannot find them anywhere....

J

Neuontz erased her live journal a few months back (siting some intriguing real life issues, I have no clue what that means....)

I never got to read That Time a Yours a Horseback and she left Green Eyes with one chapter left before it was complete.  I think I have it saved on my computer up to chapter 11 or so if you'd like me to email it to you.  Just send me a PM
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 07:48:41 pm »
Neuontz erased her live journal a few months back (siting some intriguing real life issues, I have no clue what that means....)

I never got to read That Time a Yours a Horseback and she left Green Eyes with one chapter left before it was complete.  I think I have it saved on my computer up to chapter 11 or so if you'd like me to email it to you.  Just send me a PM

Sure, I will PM you right away, littleguitar, thanks!  And if anyone has That Time a Yours a Horseback, I sure would like a copy of it.  I know it was a good one, that's why I saved the shortcut. 

tks,

J
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 08:11:15 pm »
Sure, I will PM you right away, littleguitar, thanks!  And if anyone has That Time a Yours a Horseback, I sure would like a copy of it.  I know it was a good one, that's why I saved the shortcut. 

tks,

J

I would love to read that one, too! If anyone has it, please let me know!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 09:25:53 am »
Here's a link to some new one shot fics posted over at Brokebackslash.  They are by author Wild Columbine and there are four of them all together.  They are absolutely heartbreakingly beautiful.  They aren't AU and there isn't any slash, just short glimpsed of Jack and Ennis' life.  A warning, I cried really hard at two of them.  (might be three tonight when I get time to finish the last one)

Check them out, the writing is really well done!

http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/512725.html?#cutid1

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 08:23:35 pm »
Here's a link to some new one shot fics posted over at Brokebackslash.  They are by author Wild Columbine and there are four of them all together.  They are absolutely heartbreakingly beautiful. 
http://community.livejournal.com/brokebackslash/512725.html?#cutid1

I just read You Come Back over the weekend and was coming to find a place to post it. I'm glad I found your post first. It seems to keep growing on me - I've been thinking about it most of the day. So well written. so true to the characters.

At the top of page 66 in the Heath, Heath, Heath thread there is a picture by Lucise that fits this story perfectly.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 08:35:15 pm by tamarack »