Author Topic: Do We Have a BBM Script Section here?  (Read 3411 times)

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Do We Have a BBM Script Section here?
« on: April 14, 2007, 12:46:38 am »
A Thread with all the original script pages? Maybe copies of the story boards?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 01:42:23 am by RossInIllinois »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Do We Have a BBM Script Section here?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 09:58:40 am »
That is copyrighted material, so it could not be posted here. There is a script in the book "Story to Screenplay" but it is an early script that was changed several times. I think even the shooting script would not be completely true to the movie.

However, there's no reason why we couldn't post lines from the movie here as well as screen captures. Did you have a specific scene in mind??

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline RossInIllinois

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 12:34:48 pm »
I have one with all the revisions (colored pages added) included BUT they encrypted our names on each page so it can be identified. I was thinking one of the phonies that are selling on e-bay might be OK. I am on the search for mine, right now its misplaced in my neat orderly home... :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 03:33:20 pm by RossInIllinois »

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 01:42:23 pm »
I have the following:

The 2003 Script
The 2004 script
The Big Script
The Shooting Script
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 06:00:46 pm »
Ross n Jack, in the spirit of BBM brotherly love and all......
 :P
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 06:22:09 pm »
I have the following:

The 2003 Script
The 2004 script
The Big Script
The Shooting Script

This fascinates me because, for reasons even I don't understand, I'd like nothing more than to have a transcript of the dialogue that is actually in the finished film.

Jack, I'm guessing I know what you refer to as "the 2003 script" (the one with scenes by James Schamus, including the one of Ennis and Cassie at the drive-in and part of the screen blows away?  ;D )?

But what are "the 2004 script," "the Big Script," and "the Shooting Script," and how do any of them compare to the screenplay in Story to Screenplay?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 01:21:52 am »
I'll happily send 'em to anybody, but you need to send an actual email address, they're too big for BM. Rodney FL gave them to me. He would not mind them being passed on but let's give credit where credit is due!

We got the best of the scripts by far in the finished product---you should see the one where Schamus made Jack Twist a RODEO HUSTLER, as in a 19 year old male ho busy selling his ass to old farts with money who were turned on by the  cowboys at regional rodeo competitions....

Yeah I'm serious roflmao

That's why they shot his hippy scene, all the while knowing it wasn't going to be in the film: they were placating him. I don't know that he ended up with a single word in the final script; whatever he wrote, so far as i have ever heard, turned Brokeback into this Hollywood BS.

And Artiste wants a remake!!!!!

This is why I don't!!

lol

They're historically interesting, there IS some good writing--actually there is a lot of good writing--but Ang Lee definately shot the best possible script. When you see what he didn't shoot, you know he was determined to be as faithfull as possible to Annie's story

Insofar as i know all the info above is accurate, and if it's not let me know....

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 01:25:24 am »
Oh yeah--Jeff, the scripts mentioned are all quite different. The Big Scriot is not just huge it is F'ING HUGE. That's why they call it the Big Script.

Like I said, anyody who wants them just PM me an email address. BM can't handle them, they are way too big

Offline RossInIllinois

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 02:39:12 pm »
Oh yeah--Jeff, the scripts mentioned are all quite different. The Big Scriot is not just huge it is F'ING HUGE. That's why they call it the Big Script.

Like I said, anyody who wants them just PM me an email address. BM can't handle them, they are way too big
The big script is the one I have with the shooting revisions in it. Please take in mind when a studio is cutting a film they usually like it to be around that magic 120 min mark. This is because they can show it at least 2 times in an evening at a movie house so they can make more $.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 02:57:59 pm by RossInIllinois »