Author Topic: Vote for the MTV Movie Awards  (Read 11680 times)

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
Vote for the MTV Movie Awards
« on: April 24, 2006, 09:31:33 am »
I posted a topic here, didn't want anyone to miss it!

Vote for the MTV Movie Awards
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline littledarlin

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • darlin=andrew, guitar=mandy
Re: Vote for the MTV Movie Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 09:45:48 am »
oops i also posted, but in the movie resources section.  well at least we're covered!
We can hug on November, caress and nice oak.

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2006, 09:46:29 am »
 :) I just voted and it looks like you can vote more than once - YAY!..................................................... :laugh:
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 09:56:17 am »
Like any kiss could compare to Jack & Ennis'???
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 10:40:51 am »
Kewl.  I know what I'll be doing off and on all the livelong day.

Best Movie - I had a feeling those numbnuts wouldn't have Brokeback in the listings.  Did we even get a say in the nominees and I missed it?

At least I get to vote for Jake.  Over and over and over and over and...

Gotta keep that best kiss thing going.  Don't want Brangelina to sneak off with it.  I did pick them for Best Fight, though.  ;)  And Dakota Fanning for Best Frightened Performance.  Even though I didn't see War of the Worlds and never will (hey, can I get an honorary induction into the AMPAS, now?), I figure playing alongside Tom Cruise has got to be scary enough as it is.
No more beans!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 12:10:39 pm »
Mmmm I wonder who will be voting over and over again for Jake and best kiss?....I know I will! Hey maybe we should employ someone from bettermost to vote every few minutes! ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 12:11:40 pm »
I wonder why Jake got a nom and Heath didn't.... ???

More popular among the kids maybe?

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 12:29:50 pm »
Yeah most likely. Heath is probably seen as an old man by the MTV crew! LOL All I know is that I have voted for Jake and the kiss atleast 6 times now! ::)
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2006, 12:35:30 pm »
Yeah most likely. Heath is probably seen as an old man by the MTV crew! LOL All I know is that I have voted for Jake and the kiss atleast 6 times now! ::)

LOL......about 4 for me...

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2006, 12:49:30 pm »
At least that many for me.  And I keep voting for Batman Returns for Best Movie because all the other ones sucked ass, IMO.  I swear, Sin City is one of the worst movies I've seen in I don't know how long.  Except for Mickey Rourke, it was virtually unwatchable.  And some of his scenes were so violent they made my stomach turn.

I'm worried, though.  I don't see this MTV crowd as being the most gay-friendly in the world, so I just don't reckon many of them have even seen Brokeback.  I mean, the demographic is predominantly male 18-24, isn't it?  And straight male at that.  Troll city.  And with both Reese and Joaquin in Jake's category, I'm afraid one of them (especially Reese) will walk away with it.  I like them both and all, but puh-lease...  Sigh.  Still stinging from the Academy debacle, I guess.

Sorry to see the glass half empty.  Just means I'll re-double my voting efforts.

Does anyone else think Ralph Fiennes is gonna walk away with Best Villain?  I mean, even that photo is enough to make your skin crawl.  Hope he actually shows up.  He takes himself a lot less seriously these days, so as long as he's not too up-to-his-eyeballs in the play he'll be doing in NY around that time, I'm thinking he might.  Oh - the 8th is a Thursday, isn't it?  Scratch that, then.  Maybe he'll at least film one of those canned acceptance speeches ahead of time...

(I can dream, can't I?)
No more beans!