Author Topic: "ABCs of BBM" Game Comments  (Read 57558 times)

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • There But For Fortune
Re: "ABCs of BBM" Game Comments
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2006, 06:03:48 pm »
I agree that the new layout is fabulous.  Thanks to all of you for your hard work
and for making this game so much fun to play. 

« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 10:41:48 pm by Fran »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2006, 11:15:39 pm »
Much love to Fran and Ann-Marie for keeping a very neat, up-to-date and condensed list if all the ABCs answers!  I've been using this list religiously and ..ummm..didn't really stop long enough to post a note of thanks ... so I am doing so now.  :)  8)

This list is priceless for all of us ABC-addicts!

Cheers to Fran-Marie and Will-U!  :-*

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2006, 10:25:53 pm »
Fran and Ann-Marie, you rock! Your list rocks. Had I used it always properly, I could have spared the energy for my zoo-post. Lol. My mistake, your good work. Keep going!

Viele Grüße

ANKE
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 05:36:52 am by Pipedream »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2006, 12:32:20 pm »
Just thinking out loud here, but I thought someone else might benefit from this. I you play an "A" on this game, that means that you can also play a D, G, J, M, P, S, V, and Y.

But if you hold off until B, then you can play a E, H, K, N, Q, T, W, and Z.

If your first play is a C, then you can go with F, I, L, O, R, U, and X.

This is in a perfect world of course requiring split second timing and no computer laggies or glitches. But I'm hoping to hit all 8 plays one of these rounds. It's one of my fondest ambitions!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Toast

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2006, 10:35:39 am »
This thread could never reach 1000 / 5000 without the great work you all are doing.

I love this game.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2006, 04:54:43 pm »
I would just like to thank all of our wonderful moderators: Fantastic Fran, Amazing Ann Marie and Wonderful Will. You are all briliant moderators and this boards wouldn't be what it is without you guys.
Ann Marie you are my little organisation fairy, you come into 6 degrees when I am sleeping and when I wake up and check my thread it is all straightened out, without a crease and all is right with the world. Plus you are a briliant 6 degrees player.
Fran you too are a fabulous moderator, very organised and a truly inspired person from what I have read in your ABC answers. I have not really gotten to know you yet, but I seriously hope to change that soon as you seem a briliant person.
Will, what can I say; a genius, friendly, comedic, lively, creative and subtle :laugh:. You have given my a tremendous amount of joy with reading your posts and getting to know you through PMs, you are a wonderful person and I like to think of you as someone extrodinary that I will remember for a lifetime.

I am sorry if I am being sappy, but I just want to portray how much I love you guys and how much I respect you and your work to make this board the amazing place it is.
So thank you guys and big kisses to all of you: :-* :-* :-*

I suggest everyone follows in my footsteps and show the mods what they mean to us. ;)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 05:53:36 pm by Becky »
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2006, 07:11:21 pm »
This thread could never reach 1000 / 5000 without the great work you all are doing.

I love this game.

That was a very insightful post about magenta, Toast. I must be really sick or something, but I have often wondered about that picture on the wall of Jack's room.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2006, 10:24:21 am »
Thanks, everyone, for the positive feedback. The "Answer List" sure has expanded over time. It really is a nice set-up. BTW, credit for the double-spacing and red-highlighting suggestions goes to Will.

Fran and Ann Marie
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 12:29:19 am by Fran-E »

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2006, 02:47:59 pm »
Per Lee's (Front-Ranger's) request, a link to the ABCs of BBM game is now included on the "Answer List" (under the "Z" words).

Thanks, Lee, for a good suggestion.

Fran
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 10:46:50 am by Fran-E »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2006, 10:40:01 am »
This is a challenging game and the fun -- the challenge -- is going to increase as we head into our 60th round! Don't give up, there's a lot more opportunities for you to play and to learn more about the fascinating topic of BBM. I get plenty of PMs and have to make many corrections even though I've been playing for months, but the satisfaction of playing out a good "V" or "Z" word more than makes up for it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2006, 02:26:47 am by Will-ABC »