Author Topic: The Lounge  (Read 28972 times)

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: The Lounge
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2007, 01:23:04 am »
Flash, you know Duane?  I've done a bunch of shoots for him.  Or rather I've done two for him and he's done several for me when I needed photos for one thing or another.  He recently did the photos for an HIV awareness campaign, said photos featuring both my boyfriend and his (no, not the same guy) and those posters are all over the Castro right now.

I saw the Advocate cover at his studio.  Henning's a very good looking man.  And I saw the drag queen's video with hunky guy while passing by Medium Rare Records.  They had it playing in the window.  Is there a reason you're not mentioning the drag queen by name?

That video is all over YouTube now too.  Isn't she the only 7 foot tall Drag queen that's famous?

Shirtless Cowboy seems to be having a good time with the it all.  Good for him!  It's a lot of  fun to watch.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 09:24:56 pm by dot-matrix »
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2007, 11:17:41 pm »
LOL...I was trying to keep a little bit anonymous.  I just didn't want to mention RuPaul for privacy sake.  Not everyone needs to know how much of a BBM fanboy I am.  I'm already taunted enough by my producing partner, and he thinks I've only seen BBM three times or so. 

Duane I've known for a long time, since the early 80s.  To tell you the truth, I had been out of touch with him since he'd moved to San Francisco and become a successful photographer.  Imagine my surprise when I found out he'd photographed Herr<--Remler.  Then one day he showed up on the set of one of my productions to do publicity photos of Ru.  Actually, last month in Los Angeles Duane called me up and invited me to an incredible Award ceremony where he was being honored along with Dionne Warwick and a few others for his contribution to Aids awareness.  I didn't realize until then, the scope of his contribution, and how he himself had struggled.  All in all it was a great night, and I had a great time talking to his friend Eduardo Xol.  Picture that one shirtless wearing a cowboy hat :-))))). Kirkmusic, do you know him too?  He said he also worked a lot with Duane throughout the years , before he was soap star and singer in Mexico, and of course before his Extreme Home Makeover gig.

I didn't realize the "LGFG" video was Youtube popular.  I cut a version of it just for myself...starring Shirtless Cowboy and nobody else.  I actually did an alternate version which featured much more cowboy footage, but it didn't get past the artist, of course.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2007, 11:41:34 pm by Flashframe777 »
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline kirkmusic

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Minstrel
« Reply #102 on: January 13, 2007, 05:18:41 am »
Nope, don't know Eduardo other than seeing his single at the Castro Tower Records a LOT upon its initial release.  Glad to know that that wasn't the peak of his career.

That didn't come out right.  I actually never heard the song, I just meant that it's nice when you hear an entertainer's name years after you last heard it and they've been doing well the whole time.   :)