Author Topic: Secretary et al.  (Read 10120 times)

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Secretary et al.
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2006, 04:45:32 pm »
Does anyone get shot in Casa de los Babys?

Sadly, no.  One woman, played by the wonderful Marcia Gay Harden, deserved to be shot though.  She plays such a vile, manipulative, bigoted woman that you just can't help but feel sorry for her.  Oh, you should definitely rent it.  You're a woman of taste, you'd like it.  And there are a number of happy opportunities to have a sniffle.  Go on, you know you want to.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2006, 04:48:30 pm »
Yay!
I'm putting it in my queue.
Thanks Adri-pie.

Offline Sheyne

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I am pretty good with a canoe tho..
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2006, 05:18:40 pm »
I'm surprised you didn't cry at The Good Girl. The scene where she's at the stop light, trying to decide if she's going to live a life with Holden or with her husband, makes me cry every time.
10 Things I Hate About You - cried at the last part when she's reading the poem and Heath looks so ashamed sitting at his desk.

I know I'll probably be chastized for this, but I don't find anything remarkable about Maggie. I've seen her in a couple of things and I think her performances were forgettable.
I like when she and Donnie are fighting at the beginning of Donnie Darko but that's about it.
Go suck a fuck!

Hmm... The only part in the Good Girl I cried at was watching Jake in bed with Jennifer Aniston (you LUCKY tart!!! *sobs*)

I will agree with you all the way about 10 Things, sparkle... luuuurve Heath Ledger in that movie. So HOT.

*slaps sparkle on wrist* This is just a minor admonishment for the Maggie comment.  I mean, I know lots of people who find her rather ho-hum as an actress so I can't get too annoyed at your POV. Its your opinion, of course.. ::)  But I have always LOVED her.  I even saw Mona Lisa Smile cause it had her in it.  Tried to ignore the fabulously beautiful Kirsten (jk  ;)).. But I think Maggie's a terrific actress... I thought she was incredible in Secretary.  JMO...   ;D
*rubs sparkle's wrist where it was spanked*
Chut up!

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2006, 05:24:48 pm »
Mmm, Hungry, will you slap my wrist, and then rub it?

Or mail me a worm?

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 08:00:14 am »
I cried quite a bit in Case de los Babys.  For BBMesque connections, I watched an episode of that show "Boy Meets World" where Linda Cardellini plays the other woman (girl) from Topanga and the guy whose name I don't know.  DO I win something for admitting this?

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 10:10:26 am »
I used to watch Boy Meets World all the time! I remember that episode. I thought Linda Cardellini looked familiar, but I didn't know from where. I don't think I've ever seen her in anything else. You're right Elle. (His name is Cory by the way.)

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 10:18:59 am »
Elle you should get a prize!  How about a hobby-horse?

By the way my next movie on this list is Proof, which arrived but which I won't get a chance to watch till Saturday.

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 10:46:28 am »
Linda was Velma in the Scooby-Doo movies.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2006, 10:58:25 pm »
My HeathandJake fixes have been:

Proof
Donnie Darko-my fave Jake fest
Jarhead-the hat dance-I'm buying it just for that
The Good Girl
Lords of Dogtown (mistake-it threw me off Ennis-had to watch BbM at midnight to get over it)
10 Things I Hate About You (oh Heath!)
Casanova-didn't expect to but really liked it-went out and bought it
Monster's Ball-Like the look of my boy here.

Heathen

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2006, 10:58:06 pm »
Proof is next on my lirt..my shrink says Secretary is better, but..I wanna see Proof.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters