Author Topic: OT - Personal.  (Read 2942 times)

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
OT - Personal.
« on: April 25, 2006, 03:12:20 pm »
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 09:54:11 pm by sparkle_motion »
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
Re: OT - Personal.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 03:17:14 pm »
I'm of the mind that you never take the first offer. Always negotiate, especially if you know that you're worth more than they're offering. I say good for you to ask for more, considering the experience you bring. Stick with it, and if it doesn't work out, they'll be more jobs around the corner. You don't want to work for someone that's going to low ball you any way. If the relationship doesn't start out with mutual respect, it can only go down hill from there.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 03:19:39 pm »
I agree w starboard and since u are working w a headhunter, maybe u can ask him or her why they think u were offered such a low amount. If u start w a company and are earning less than yr peers, it can make yr life miserable. Hold out for what u are worth. But, why are u making so little now if you have the experience??
"chewing gum and duct tape"

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 03:20:05 pm »
Well when I hire people I honestly hire those who want to negotiate rather then those who just settle......shows character and tells me whether or not they are reasonable.....

So no I think you did the right thing and if I was the person hiring I would consider you before the other person based upon your willingness to negotiate and strive for bigger and better things.....that make sense?

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 03:23:07 pm »
You did the right thing-it is important to know how a company does it's salady administration before you sign on. If they are already going back on their word you need to understand that. If you decide to take the job you will be more wary and get EVERYTHING in writing.

O0

Heathen

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2006, 12:45:52 am »
Good for you, Stacey. With no experience of my own, I have no advice to offer, just wanted to tell you that I respect you sticking up for yourself like that. I like to think I would do the same, but I'm not so sure.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 07:53:18 am »
Any report, Stacey the Brave?

Hug!

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 12:50:49 pm »
Yay!  ;D

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 04:35:06 pm »
Stacey!
Good for you.
Hope your employer gets smitten with you and starts leaking dollars.

Drip drip.