Author Topic: BM movie is anti-gay??  (Read 44790 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: BM movie is anti-gay??
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2007, 07:34:59 pm »
Thanks Shakestheground!

What you suggest, you do not know that I maybe think or feel that too!

When she found out by me that I was not married nor never was, she did not seem to consider that when I asked a woman that I courted that I wanted seven children, that those women never wanted to see me again!!
Is she anti-gay, as maybe some in the BM movie?

I felt that I was either Ennis or Jack in the movie during and after I spoke with her!

Strange??

Hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #111 on: March 13, 2008, 07:12:29 pm »
If it was more gay than not, then there would be MORE gay subjects threads?

Dare I ask?

Hugs!

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2008, 04:22:38 pm »
Well, Brokeback is pretty much open for interpretation. I wouldn't say it's anti-gay but it isn't quite pro-gay, either. It views the brutal murder in a negative light but isn't quite rooting for the men-living-together, on Ennis's part.

And for the old woman at the dentist's, Artiste -  :laugh: I doubt she'd see Brokeback Mountain but evidently, she feigns an interest in your maritial status ;)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2008, 07:14:52 pm »
Thanks Shakestheground!

What you suggest, you do not know that I maybe think or feel that too!

When she found out by me that I was not married nor never was, she did not seem to consider that when I asked a woman that I courted that I wanted seven children, that those women never wanted to see me again!!
Is she anti-gay, as maybe some in the BM movie?

I felt that I was either Ennis or Jack in the movie during and after I spoke with her!

Strange??

Hugs!!

Artiste, are you being entrapped into marriage by an elderly dentist? Will she let you decorate your love cottage with your beautiful works of art? If she won't, call the marriage off because that woman has no taste if she isn't inspired by your pictures.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2008, 09:01:53 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

Funny, funny, funny, you are:

Artiste, are you being entrapped into marriage by an elderly dentist? Will she let you decorate your love cottage with your beautiful works of art? If she won't, call the marriage off because that woman has no taste if she isn't inspired by your pictures.   

Elomero and brokeplex: I am laughing, laughing, laughing... like Ennis and Jack would too!! ??

And elomelo, yes elomelo did start to make me laugh with that joke she created! ?

A woman! Wow, I do not know why so  many ladies fall in love with me, especially in art galleries, even married ones! Boy, do I have stories about that!

At least the BM movie does not show Jack in a dress ?? !! Then, I would say that the BM movie would have been 100 per cent ANTI-GAY!!

Elomero, brokeplex... you think? Maybe in BM II, someone will be wearing a dress?

Hugs!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #115 on: March 16, 2008, 12:37:50 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

Funny, funny, funny, you are:

Elomero and brokeplex: I am laughing, laughing, laughing... like Ennis and Jack would too!! ??

And elomelo, yes elomelo did start to make me laugh with that joke she created! ?

A woman! Wow, I do not know why so  many ladies fall in love with me, especially in art galleries, even married ones! Boy, do I have stories about that!

At least the BM movie does not show Jack in a dress ?? !! Then, I would say that the BM movie would have been 100 per cent ANTI-GAY!!

Elomero, brokeplex... you think? Maybe in BM II, someone will be wearing a dress?

Hugs!

I don't think a dress would have been fitting for Jack in the movie  :) That would have kind of made the movie something else. Although he did have one on in the Saturday Night Live skit. And by the way, I hated the way that was done on SNL....absolutely!!!

injest

« Reply #116 on: March 16, 2008, 01:47:22 pm »
I don't think a dress would have been fitting for Jack in the movie  :) That would have kind of made the movie something else. Although he did have one on in the Saturday Night Live skit. And by the way, I hated the way that was done on SNL....absolutely!!!

me too

Offline Artiste

« Reply #117 on: March 16, 2008, 06:10:15 pm »
What Saturday Night skit? The one that made the news on TV in every country or many countries? In which he thanks gays who helped him, he said ?

Of course, Jake G. in a dress would be creating a different story, if that would have been in the BM movie! So most persons would NOT have accepted that?

Or would it be easier to see Ennis in a dress?

Dare I ask... and expect replies??

Why would that men in dress make it, the BM movie an anti-gay?? Is that so??

Hugs!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #118 on: March 16, 2008, 07:41:01 pm »
Either Jack or Ennis in a dress would make the story absurd. BM is not "TransAmerica", and I agree to being puzzled about the type of juvenile humor that would put Jack or Ennis into a dress. The people who did that, did not understand the story, or they just didn't care and wanted a cheap laugh catering to homophobes who enjoyed demeaning Jack or Ennis by emasculating them.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #119 on: March 16, 2008, 07:47:53 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

You say it would make a BM movie:
absurd.

But Jake G. did wore a dress in a clip that I saw on TV news!! So is he considering the BM absurd by dressing up in a dress?

Since I am now puzzled, I await... your news,

au revoir,
hugs!