Author Topic: BM movie is anti-gay??  (Read 44506 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: BM movie is anti-gay??
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2007, 11:18:31 am »
Thanks brokeplex!

Yes, there are some angry persons out there. WE all take turns, I guess in being that!  Some angry people do look for victims... as you say, and this can be said of Ennis who gets out of his truck and too quickly walks towards the other side of the street, but is nearly hit by a truck in which he hits the driver!! ?? Remember that? Is that an anti-gay thing?

Last Saturday morning, down the hill here, a young man of 14 years of age, is alledged to murder  a lady! There are also other youths which are puzzles to me!! Maybe he is gay and refused the lady who was refusing him?? Just an idea - a wild one?? Or could it be vice versa?

Hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2007, 11:24:39 am »
Thanks brokeplex!

Yes, there are some angry persons out there. WE all take turns, I guess in being that!  Some angry people do look for victims... as you say, and this can be said of Ennis who gets out of his truck and too quickly walks towards the other side of the street, but is nearly hit by a truck in which he hits the driver!! ?? Remember that? Is that an anti-gay thing?

Hugs!

Where is this scene in the movie Artiste? I just can't remember right now what scene you are referring to?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2007, 11:41:27 am »
Thanks brokeplex!

Last Saturday, I  made some notes on paper as I was seeing the BM movies for the 3rd time.
Looking quickly at these, that scene seems to be nearly 3/4 in the story then... as it is likely after when Ennis's former wife washes dishes with him but she yells out Jack NANCY, and so Ennis rushes out and drives his truck to go to calm down at a bar.

Ree-see that?? ... someone says: asshole watch were you are going! Who says that?

Hugs!

(Since mother is coming back from south to-day, I must rush to try to clean the house since I have been alone here for a few days as Ennis or Jack??)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2007, 11:00:57 am »
Thanks brokeplex!

Last Saturday, I  made some notes on paper as I was seeing the BM movies for the 3rd time.
Looking quickly at these, that scene seems to be nearly 3/4 in the story then... as it is likely after when Ennis's former wife washes dishes with him but she yells out Jack NANCY, and so Ennis rushes out and drives his truck to go to calm down at a bar.

Ree-see that?? ... someone says: asshole watch were you are going! Who says that?

Hugs!

(Since mother is coming back from south to-day, I must rush to try to clean the house since I have been alone here for a few days as Ennis or Jack??)

Oh, of course, when the oil field roughneck beats the crap out of Ennis! Ennis was punishing himself, he put himself in harms way. You have only seen Brokeback Mountain 3 times? Mercy! There are days after the DVD was released that I have watched it 3 times in a day, I got so obsessed after the DVD was released. You have much more patience than me!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2007, 11:17:18 am »
Thanks brokeplex!

Yes, I have watched the BM movie only 3 times so far!!! And will more often now!!

But I could not before, finding it too painful... and even anti-gay in certain ways, as well as pro-gay maybe?? !!

Daily for months, the many clips on YouTube as well as the trailer or varied trailers helped me a lot, but were also very much pain for me!! Somehow, they helped... I think!!

It was most certainly the Bettermost members, including toi (yes, you), that helped tremendously! I think that I can watch that BM film as often as I want now?? !!

Why does the film include Ennis getting beaten by that oil field roughneck? Is that written by Annie? What do you think?

Hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2007, 11:47:01 am »
She yells out "Jack NASTY", not "Nancy".   :)

I love Artiste! he make us look at things from a different perspective......I never would have considered that she said "Jack Nancy", But you know, that is too funny to pass up!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2007, 12:28:48 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

Glad that is funny for you!

In a way, that is what she is saying! See that actress really being nasty about Jack in her talk at Thanksgiving saying so in ways to her former husband Ennis:
she sure seems to rub Ennis by calling Jack with feelings as Jack is nasty according to her!!

She blames Jack to take away Ennis from her, even her marriage!! But she is jealous? Or she is being worst than that? That is one sign that the BM is anti-gay, to me!

Hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2007, 11:26:57 am »
Thanks brokeplex!

Glad that is funny for you!

In a way, that is what she is saying! See that actress really being nasty about Jack in her talk at Thanksgiving saying so in ways to her former husband Ennis:
she sure seems to rub Ennis by calling Jack with feelings as Jack is nasty according to her!!

She blames Jack to take away Ennis from her, even her marriage!! But she is jealous? Or she is being worst than that? That is one sign that the BM is anti-gay, to me!

Hugs!
I'm sorry Artiste you may not have gotten the joke, it is kind of an inside joke.

The word "Nancy" which you used instead of "Nasty" is archaic slur word used to characterize all gay men as effiminate. The word usage has I believe largely been forgotten among American English language speakers of today, but it was popular back in the 1940's World War II generation. My  humor was partially at your expense and for that I apologize! But it was too funny to pass up, as you inadvertantly made Alma rather more biting and sarcastic than the screen writers intended. Now I would have LOVED IT if Alma had actually said "Jack Nancy" !!!!!!

mucho hugs buddy!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2007, 11:36:43 am »
Thanks brokeplex!

There is no need to apologize. I accept that she could have said that word! And likely, that actress maybe wanted to do so! But was stopped?

Plus, it could be that Annie also wanted to use that word?

It seems to me that in the TV very popular show series titled Raymond (Everybody Loves Raymond), that such word is used by his father? It is still current, I think at times even in our countries, likely!

The BM movie makes it anti-gay in that way, by similar view by her... stressed way too much, it seems to me! To you too?

Hugs!

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #99 on: December 01, 2007, 11:39:34 pm »
I love Artiste! he make us look at things from a different perspective......I never would have considered that she said "Jack Nancy", But you know, that is too funny to pass up!

That was funny  ;D Wonder what Ennis would have thought had she really said "Jack Nancy?" It seems that would put a whole new twist on that line  :laugh: