Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3844763 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4880 on: April 14, 2008, 11:47:20 am »
 :laugh:

I'm curious, - do you know which press conference this boredom occured at?  (Looks like it was in the course of the Brokeback-promotion?)

I don't think I've seen him in that sweather before... orange stripes!!  How totally endearingly Heath!

(I still wear my crazy-coloured striped socks around the house, and always send him a thought when I use them).

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4881 on: April 14, 2008, 12:12:55 pm »
:laugh:
I'm curious, - do you know which press conference this boredom occured at?  (Looks like it was in the course of the Brokeback-promotion?)

It was at the Berlinale 2006 (early in the year; February, maybe March) and Candy was the movie in competition. I'm pretty sure, although LedgersLadies titled it with Venice. Look at the background, you can read "Berlinale" there. And I've seen pics with him and Abbie Cornish from the Berlinale 06.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4882 on: April 14, 2008, 02:15:35 pm »

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #4883 on: April 14, 2008, 02:33:04 pm »
It was at the Berlinale 2006 (early in the year; February, maybe March) and Candy was the movie in competition. I'm pretty sure, although LedgersLadies titled it with Venice. Look at the background, you can read "Berlinale" there. And I've seen pics with him and Abbie Cornish from the Berlinale 06.
Thank you.  :)  I do hope it was foreign film journalists and not German ones that made him look so bored...  ;)

As for the new M&M pics (thanks for the link!): Matilda looks so much like her father still, it's positively spooky. Not just the face, but she fidgets and squirms just like him too!

mvansand76

« Reply #4884 on: April 14, 2008, 03:50:23 pm »
New pics of Michelle and Matilda:

http://michelleparadize.free.fr/galerie/thumbnails.php?album=508

She seems to have changed a little in her face, like little girls at her age do very quickly (I remember with my sister's daughter, it was like one week she still looked like a baby and the next she was a toddler, then recently she looked like a toddler still and then a week ago I saw her and she was suddenly a little girl). But I still see so much Heath, it's incredibe. It must be both consoling and confronting for Michelle.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #4885 on: April 14, 2008, 05:51:31 pm »
I wonder if Matilda ever got to try on the Ennis attire Ellen de Generes gave Heath when he was on her show back in 2006...

(Apologies for the poor image quality.... it's a screen cap in the truest sense of the word!)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 05:29:04 pm by Mikaela »

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4886 on: April 14, 2008, 08:24:46 pm »
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4887 on: April 15, 2008, 01:03:28 am »
Good Morning Heathens  :)

I watched part of BG last night, so here you go:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4888 on: April 15, 2008, 01:19:44 am »
I tell you, they f*ed up badly with the dubbing of BG.  >:(.

Normally, every actor has their "own" German voice = dubbing speaker. Yesterday, the Heath character spoke, but I heard Matt Damon's voice  :o. Then Matt's character answered, and I thought, no, wait a minute, *that* is Matt Damon's voice.
To make it short: both voices were Matt Damon's. Damon's regular dubbing speaker died and therefore he has a second one, and we're used to both voices.

Normally Heath has another voice in German, one that is actually quite similar to his own. But in BG his voice is spoken by one of the Matt Damon speakers  :P.
To make the confusion complete, they altered the character's names between their American and their German versions: Jake or Jakob and Will or Wilhelm.
And now the highlight: at one instance the Damon character called his brother not Jakob, not Jake - but Jack!  :o

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
It was so bad, I actually had to laugh about it. I somehow had the feeling they did all this confusing stuff extra for me and other Brokies  ;) :laugh:. Had to think of how many times Brokies mixed up Jake with Jack back on IMDB.

I'll go and buy the DVD on Amazon; then I can see the OV.  :)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4889 on: April 15, 2008, 03:19:28 am »
Good Morning Heathens  :)

I watched part of BG last night, so here you go:

I just came here from the ABCs at the Movies thread, where oilgun quoted Sarah Silverman's "I'm f*cking Matt Damon" song.  So that was going around and around in my head, and here he is!  Thanks a lot, Gil!  :)