Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3844816 times)

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4980 on: April 22, 2008, 07:05:20 pm »
.......so have I. But the reason I'm up at this ungodly hour is that I'm watching TV. (It's commercial break now). Was flipping channels before going to bed, aimlessly, and there was Heath. Heath speaking. It caught me unawares, nearly like a blow. So now I'm watching "Sin Eater" in the middle of the night.  :-\

Well, that movie should put you to sleep in no time!  :laugh:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4981 on: April 22, 2008, 07:16:08 pm »
Well, that movie should put you to sleep in no time!  :laugh:

Hahahaha....

But I have heard that Heath looks good in it, even if the movie is dreadful.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline oilgun

« Reply #4982 on: April 22, 2008, 07:28:59 pm »
Hahahaha....

But I have heard that Heath looks good in it, even if the movie is dreadful.

He looks sinfully gorgeous as a priest!  I would gladly kneel before him to take communion  ;)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4983 on: April 23, 2008, 01:41:21 am »
.......so have I. But the reason I'm up at this ungodly hour is that I'm watching TV. (It's commercial break now). Was flipping channels before going to bed, aimlessly, and there was Heath. Heath speaking. It caught me unawares, nearly like a blow. So now I'm watching "Sin Eater" in the middle of the night.  :-\

Staying up way too long, only to watch a movie that must be boring as hell - that's what I call a Heathen.
Did you find the film as bad as everyone says?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4984 on: April 23, 2008, 01:47:39 am »
Good Morning Heathens  :)

I think some cheery pics are in order today. Gawd, I love that smile.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4985 on: April 23, 2008, 12:24:14 pm »
Staying up way too long, only to watch a movie that must be boring as hell - that's what I call a Heathen.
Did you find the film as bad as everyone says?

Well, I'd seen it before.  :D Watching it twice marks me as an even more rabid Heathen, I suppose.

I posted a list of reviews-in-brief of all the Heath films I'd seen back in early January (?) - at least before you-know-what  :-\  - and the following is what I had to say about the Sin Eater. I didn't watch the film to the end tonight, it was going on 2 AM  :o when I gave up, but as far as I watched it, my opinion didnt' budge at all. The only thing I noticed much more now was Heath's voice.... and the only thing I'd forgotten was the strangeness that this film had half the team from "Knight's Tale" reuniting - it's the same director, and Shannyn Sossamon and Mark Addy are acting in addition to Heath - and yet, what a difference in the overall quality of the films! This one is so pretentious I can't imagine what Heath was thinking when he accepted the role.

Anyway, here's my review-in-brief. (The one-line summary is that Heath looks so gorgeous throughout it that the film is worth watching for that alone. Though now, even *that* joy  comes with a bittersweet sadness...)

Heath walks around in this looking absolutely stunning and smoldering and conflicted and angsty and glowering. ** Fans self** That and that alone earns the film its place on this list. Mystic-religious, strange and darkly enigmatic drama, plot and storyline very weird and not by any means intellectually *or* emotionally engaging, and point of same near to completely incomprehensible to me. Annoying and silly. Maybe it makes sense to devout Catholics, though I sincerely doubt that. Then again, Heath’s character ends up as some self-sacrificing sort of demi-god/angel, who is destined to suffer on others’ behalf and therefore will look stunning and smoldering and angsty etc. etc. *all* the time!! while continuing his existence for centuries upon centuries. So that’s clearly a bonus development in the middle of the muddle.

;)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4986 on: April 24, 2008, 01:15:48 am »
Mika - ah, I remember that conversation and your review list from back in January. Had forgotten about it for a moment. Thanks for reposting anyway.  :-* :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4987 on: April 24, 2008, 01:21:39 am »
Good Morning Heathens  :)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4988 on: April 24, 2008, 01:34:43 am »
Morning Chrissi!

Thanks for posting the pictures. So many that I hadn't seen before.

Have a good day.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4989 on: April 24, 2008, 02:30:19 am »
Morning Chrissi!

Thanks for posting the pictures. So many that I hadn't seen before.

Have a good day.  :)

Thank ya darlin  :)
I hope for a lazy day today. Nothing big planned, but you never know what will come up with the three monsters... ;)
Have a nice day too, Fabienne!  :-*