Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9160894 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12210 on: July 24, 2013, 03:10:21 pm »

Then in the afternoon my doctor rang to say my PSA (prostate blood test) has gone from 0.8 to 5.6 so I have to do another one in a month. This happened about 6/8 years ago and it was a false alarm so fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed Brian x
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 07:21:06 pm by CellarDweller »
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #12211 on: July 24, 2013, 03:21:11 pm »
I always have to laugh at that phrase, "free range eggs." It brings to mind images of eggs wandering about aimlessly on two little legs.  ;D

Obviously, it's the chickens that are free range, not the eggs.

:laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12212 on: July 25, 2013, 08:29:04 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, I'm anticipating both Friday and pay day tomorrow, and I know those are both gonna happen.  ;D

So, does anyone have good plans for the weekend?

Oh, by the way, Big Brother Paul......here's something for you!   And you thought I was obsessed......

VH1 Classic, an American cable television station, ran a charity event for Hurricane Katrina relief in 2006. Viewers who made donations were allowed to choose which music videos the station would play. One viewer donated $35,000 for the right to program an entire hour and requested continuous play of Nena's "99 Luftballons" and "99 Red Balloons" videos. The station broadcast the videos as requested from 2:00 to 3:00pm EST on 26 March 2006.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #12213 on: July 25, 2013, 08:43:23 am »
Oh, by the way, Big Brother Paul......here's something for you!   And you thought I was obsessed......

VH1 Classic, an American cable television station, ran a charity event for Hurricane Katrina relief in 2006. Viewers who made donations were allowed to choose which music videos the station would play. One viewer donated $35,000 for the right to program an entire hour and requested continuous play of Nena's "99 Luftballons" and "99 Red Balloons" videos. The station broadcast the videos as requested from 2:00 to 3:00pm EST on 26 March 2006.

C'mon, Chuck, we all know that was you.   :laugh:

I was busy that day.   :-X

Of course, no one watches VH1 anyway.   8)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12214 on: July 25, 2013, 09:06:29 am »
C'mon, Chuck, we all know that was you.   :laugh:

Yeah, I just happened to have an extra $35,000.00 to spend that day.  ::) :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12215 on: July 25, 2013, 09:14:34 am »
Of course, no one watches VH1 anyway.   8)

LOL

According to what I found online, the station raised over $200,000.00 having peope donate to play vidoes, so someone must be watching.  LOL

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #12216 on: July 25, 2013, 12:11:45 pm »
Yeah, I just happened to have an extra $35,000.00 to spend that day.  ::) :laugh:

"99 red power-balls....."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12217 on: July 25, 2013, 05:27:58 pm »
I should be so lucky!

Oh, it's so nice here!  Only in the mid 70s, and for the first time in weeks I have the air conditioner turned off, and fans in the windows!  Yaaay!  It's nice to have fresh air in the apartment again!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12218 on: July 26, 2013, 08:18:50 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Pay day is here, and not a moment too soon, I had $5.00 to my name!  LOL

To be honest, I have money in two different savings accounts, but I hate to touch that, as it always seems like it never gets put back.

I had some unexpected expenses this week.  LOL  My friends (Gary and Danielle) had their daughter's 1st birthday, so I had to shop for that.  I knew that was coming, and had planned for that.  However, at that party I got invited to a 14th bday party for Kayla (my other friends' daughter).  Kayla invited me in person, so how could I say 'no'?.  It was the same day as the 1st bday, so after that party I ran out and got a card and gift card for I-Tunes.  I was at the hospital the day Kayla was born.  LOL  I had to be at her party.

Then on Sunday night my friend Cor texted me.  Cor is Kayla's mom.  Her husband (and Kayla's dad) was turning 40 on Tuesday and she was trying to put together a party for him.  I said I'd be there, and thought for a 40th, you really don't need a gift.  Mike (Cor's husband) and I hadn't exchanged gifts in years.    Then I found out the party was at Imperial 46, a Japanese steak house, so I had a dinner to pay for.  LOL

Between the two extra parties, I spent about $70.00 more than I had budgeted for.  LOL  Oh well.

As far as I know, there are no other events going on, so the next two weeks should be quiet, and not as expensive!

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12219 on: July 26, 2013, 09:49:45 am »
YOU KEEP YOUR THERMOSTAT AT 65 ?  :o :o :o  Is electric included in the price of your rent?  Or, if not, have you gotten your first bill yet?

I keep mine between 78 and 80 in the summertime in Missouri (also 90's and 100's), and the bill is still around $100 a month.

Hi, Mandy.

Ugh!

I couldn't stand that.

I keep my thermostat at 68 days in the summer, a little lower at nights to keep the upstairs bedrooms cool.

Yes, it's over $200 a month, but for me it's worth it, because hot nights give me headaches.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?