Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9348235 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #11970 on: May 09, 2013, 03:51:46 am »
I see the picture.  It's Wonder Woman, and it says "bitch, please."

Speaking of Wonder Woman - that's me! ;) :laugh:

We had bulky waste this week and lots of stuff to dispose since we had put down our barn last winter. When hubby came home from work and wanted to carry it all outside on the pavement, it was already stacked there. He asked "Who are you, Wonder Woman?" to which I replied "Took you long enough to notice".

Truth was of course that I didn't touch a single item. A team of the bulky waste collectors, who always swarm the village the day before bulky waste is officially removed by municipal workers, saw our stack through the open gate when I came back from walking Tina. They asked to have a look and took all the metal parts of it. The parts they couldn't use they also brought outside, saying "I help", and stacked them there, neatly sorted into their different fractions. Wow, that was more than nice of them. I handed them a couple bottles.
The kindness of complete strangers made my day. :)

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11971 on: May 09, 2013, 08:59:46 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I forgot I had this gif, I just has to repost it, I laugh every time I see it.

After all the moving and shopping and stuff, I finally got back into my workout schedule.  I did a 2 mile walk today just after breakfast, and I have my gym bag packed to get back to workouts at the gym.

horray.  ::)   :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11972 on: May 10, 2013, 07:58:07 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's time for the Friday Happy Dance!

;D

I hope that everyone is doing well today, and ready for the weekend!  Sunday here is Mother's Day, and I'll be going down to the Jersey shore on Sunday for a mother's day lunch with the family.

I've got cards for my mom from me, and one from the cat.   :laugh:  The card from Blaze has a pic of a cat on it and says "Happy Mother's Day", and inside...."now get out of my chair!"

:laugh:

I'm thinking I should also get one for my niece, a "mother-to-be" card.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11973 on: May 10, 2013, 02:43:35 pm »
Hi Chuckie!

Here's a true story from my mundane endlessly fascinating life.
Yesterday morning when I took a shower, I suddenly found I had a minor nosebleed,
and there was blood splashes in the tub and on the shower curtain.

For some reason, (I have NO idea why!!) it made me think of you.   ::) 8)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11974 on: May 10, 2013, 02:55:41 pm »
For some reason, (I have NO idea why!!) it made me think of you.   ::) 8)

Well, I just don't understand that at all!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11975 on: May 10, 2013, 03:06:47 pm »
That makes two of us then!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11976 on: May 10, 2013, 03:32:19 pm »

I'm doing the happy dance again, but not with Elmo!  LOL

This afternoon, ever since 1:00, it's been super slow!  No emails, and no phone calls.  I ran around like a mad man, but I got almost all my filing done!

I'm so happy about that!  It may sound crazy, but I was feeling so overwhelmed about all this work that was piling up, I was thinking I would have to come in on a weekend to get this done.

The fact I got this much done today has made me happy!

I'll be in the office my usual time on Monday, and instead of coming on line right away, I'll plow through the filing I have to finish, and then I can focus on the other work I need to!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11977 on: May 10, 2013, 03:48:30 pm »
I'm sorry to hear your work is getting in the way for your brokie time online, Chuck.

Ain't right.  ::)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11978 on: May 11, 2013, 01:53:52 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Oh, it felt good to sleep in today!  I got out of bed about 9:00 this morning, and so far I've been productive.  I've cleaned the apartment (not super-thoroughly), washed dishes/pots, changed the sheets on the bed, took out the garbage, cleaned the car.

At 3:00 I leave for some shopping, and to do laundry and get some stuff done at mom & dad's on the computer, transferring the files from that one to this one.

After all that is done, I come back here to shave and shower, and then go to my friend Cor's birthday party.

Tomorrow the family is going to Pt. Pleasant, NJ for a Mother's Day lunch. Should be fun.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11979 on: May 13, 2013, 07:54:54 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Wouldn't it be good if we could pretend it wasn't Monday.

Oh well, money must be earned, so I'm here to earn it!

Weekend was a good one.  Saturday I cleaned the apartment and, cleaned the car, and got my laundry done.  I also shopped for some things for the apartment, and then went to my friend Corrine's birthday party at an Italian place called Bella Napoli.

Slept in on Sunday, and then went out with the family for Mother's Day.  Mom & my s-i-l decided they wanted to do something different for the day, and we drove to Pt. Pleasant, thinking we could stimulate the economy at the shore, where they were hit by Hurricane Sandy.

Turns out a lot of other people had the same idea, it was PACKED!  I never saw it that busy in off season, and it was such a good feeling. 

We had a great seafood lunch at a place called Martell's, did some shopping, played games, and went on a new dark ride/game combination.  It was a group of seats, in front of a large 3D tv.  You had 3D glasses to wear, and were given 'laser guns'.  The game starts, and you are in the middle of a zombie apocolypse. 

:laugh:

You're in a car, and it's your mission to kill as many zombies as you can, without shooting any humans.  As your car careens on the road, the chairs are shaking and rocking and swerving, it was sooooo funny!  I have to go back and play that one again!