Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9094773 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #9140 on: December 22, 2010, 05:11:56 pm »
I just calculated the total of all the Christmas cards I wrote out.  Between what I just gave out to coworkers, as well as mailed to Brokies, family and other friends, 138 cards.

:o

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9141 on: December 22, 2010, 05:38:17 pm »
I would've sent some over for Chuck, but thought they were probably a prohibited import !
They wouldn't even let me take a decent size jar of Vegemite into the US in hand luggage, 'tho that's quite understandable.  ;D

Hey, Brian, thanks for your elucidation. I'm not very good at proper descriptions, and probably should attach photos of Ozzie things.  :)

Eek..I  sent some eateries stuff to America with Christmas Cards so I hope they got there!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9142 on: December 22, 2010, 05:38:59 pm »
 :o :o :o

I just calculated the total of all the Christmas cards I wrote out.  Between what I just gave out to coworkers, as well as mailed to Brokies, family and other friends, 138 cards.

:o
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9143 on: December 23, 2010, 09:05:46 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's Christmas Eve Eve!

:laugh: ;D

I got to work today in 15 minutes, traffic was very light today!  You can tell that people have time off from their jobs.

I'm hoping that means that it will be nice and slow here at the bank.  Is that being greedy/selfish?   :laugh:  I'm not getting any time off for the holidays this year.  Christmas falls on a Saturday, and my hours are Mon - Fri, so I miss out.  LOL    Actually, they'll let me leave early on Friday (3:00 instead of 4:30) and since I don't work Sundays, I'll actually have the day after Christmas off as well, so I can't complain.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9144 on: December 23, 2010, 03:57:24 pm »
I forgot to mention this the other day.

I have a box of baking soda spread out all over the back of my car.

::)

My father needed to take a snow blower to the repair shop, and asked to borrow my car since the rear seats fold down.  I told him, "sure".

for some reason, he decided to fill the motor up with fuel, and it over flowed during the transit, and the back of my Tracker smells like kerosene now.

Ugh.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9145 on: December 23, 2010, 04:43:45 pm »

I got to work today in 15 minutes, traffic was very light today!  You can tell that people have time off from their jobs.

I'm hoping that means that it will be nice and slow here at the bank.  Is that being greedy/selfish?   :laugh:  I'm not getting any time off for the holidays this year.  Christmas falls on a Saturday, and my hours are Mon - Fri, so I miss out.  LOL    Actually, they'll let me leave early on Friday (3:00 instead of 4:30) and since I don't work Sundays, I'll actually have the day after Christmas off as well, so I can't complain.
You really live in the wrong country. In both Australia and NZ (which is a bit more stingy than Aust about holidays) there will a holiday on Monday for Christmas and on Tuesday for Boxing Day (26th). No banks will be open until Wednesday.  Even shops (unless small with few employees) are closed on Saturday and Sunday. They will be open with big sales from Monday.  Being mid-summer most offices only have a skeleton staff between Christmas and New Year (wed-fri) and factories close for 3 or 4 weeks. It is very hard to get a tradesperson from now until mid-January.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #9146 on: December 23, 2010, 06:48:53 pm »
Chuck, try squirting some lemon juice on it also.  It shouldn't discolor (try a small patch first), and lemon juice usually overrides and eliminates all gross smells.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #9147 on: December 23, 2010, 11:04:55 pm »
I think your daddy need to buy you a new car.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ZK

« Reply #9148 on: December 23, 2010, 11:14:06 pm »
I forgot to mention this the other day.

I have a box of baking soda spread out all over the back of my car.

::)

My father needed to take a snow blower to the repair shop, and asked to borrow my car since the rear seats fold down.  I told him, "sure".

for some reason, he decided to fill the motor up with fuel, and it over flowed during the transit, and the back of my Tracker smells like kerosene now.

Ugh.

No smoking eh  Chuck!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9149 on: December 24, 2010, 01:09:03 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's Christmas Eve!

I've had NO customer calls today!  :laugh:

It's worked out well, as I've spent today doing my year end packing and filing!  Next week should be a cake walk, and then I can get all geared up for work in the new year!  ;D

My cube is all empty and sparkling, and I feel like I've been productive today!  I'll leave for the holidays with nothing really pending.

Tonight I'll be at a friends' for dinner, and then tomorrow I'll be at my brother & sister-in-law's place.