Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9091754 times)

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10450 on: November 23, 2011, 12:45:25 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's Thanksgiving Eve. 

Today's destination, The Alhambra, Spain:

For almost 250 years the "Red Fortress" served teh Morrish rulers of Granada as palace, harem, residence for court officials, and garrison.  Although it is austere on the outside, nearly every serface inside is covered with fantastically ornate geometric and flowing arabesque patterns.

Went there last May. It is really stupendous, buildings and gardens. I know why I had to book ahead and they give you timed entrance to the best buildings. I could post a hundred photos but I won't ;D
Happy Thanksgiving to all my US friends.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10451 on: November 23, 2011, 10:13:00 pm »

Wishing you the greatest Thanksgiving Chuckles;

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10452 on: November 24, 2011, 11:42:50 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I'm thankful for having seen "our" movie, and had the opportunity to meet you all!  My life has been improved greatly because of you all.

Chuck, if the quality of your sleep is good, you don't have to have so many hours of it. I'm sending you wishes for a restorative sleep tonight.

Thanks much, Friend Lee!!!  The sleep pattern has improved, as well as quality, so I'm good to go now!

I have decided to keep my travels to NZ-Australia in 2012 and am hoping to travel from Darwin to Perth (via Broome) in July/August. I do not like traveling in organised bus tours so may hire a car or more likely a campervan. It is a long way by myself (4000km) though I would probably take a month. I am trying to talk my sister and brother-in-law into coming with me. It would mean a bigger campervan. My sister is keen but my BIL will never make up his mind until the last minute and these things need booking. Camping grounds in Broome are notoriously full up during the dry season. I plan to travel by train from Mebourne to Adelaide then up the centre to Darwin and then back from Perth to Sydney.

A campervan trip.. sounds cool!

I've always said that I think a great vacation would be to be in a mobile home, driving across America.  Brian, that trip sounds great, and I hope it comes to pass.

Went there last May. It is really stupendous, buildings and gardens. I know why I had to book ahead and they give you timed entrance to the best buildings. I could post a hundred photos but I won't ;D

Happy Thanksgiving to all my US friends.

Thanks buddy, and I'm sure I speak for many others here when I say we'd love to see your pics here on BetterMost.

Wishing you the greatest Thanksgiving Chuckles;

:-*  Happy Thanksgiving, darlin'!

Today's destination, NYC, New York:

A tradition since 1924, the Macy's parade is as much a part of Thanksgiving day as turkey, cranberry sauce, and football.  Huge balloons in the shapes of cartoon and comics characters are the chief attraction, though the parade also features floats, marching bands, and finishes up with the seasonal arrival of Santa Claus.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10453 on: November 24, 2011, 10:39:22 pm »

Meal is over and clean up is done here.

Bedtime soon, I work tomorrow, but it should be a very easy day.

;D

Hey, how about for the next Brokie gathering, we get a chef to make us a Cherpumple?

Never heard of a Cherpumple?  Well, you take a Cherry pie, an apple pie, and a pumpkin pie, each baked into a different cake layer, and then place them all on top of each other and frost like a cake.

The one in the picture below was cooked by a chef, it weighed at about 22 pounds.

:o  :D :D :D   

I can't believe someone would try to make something like this.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10454 on: November 25, 2011, 05:48:06 am »
Sounds like you had a good day - and I'd give the cake a try - just a small slither though given the 3 cakes in one!! :p
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10455 on: November 25, 2011, 09:00:24 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Kelda, I'm not sure I'd even try that cake!  :o

It's Black Friday here in the US, but you couldn't PAY me to go shopping today!  I'm at work, getting filing done and putting up the Christmas decorations.

;D

Oh, and check this out!  At my job we're allowed to carry over 5 vacation days that we didn't use the prior year.  I always do this.  Anyway......with everything that's gone on here (Linda retired in April, June was renewal season, Margaret left on sick leave in July, Maria went for three weeks to Spain) I was not able to take any vacation time.  I took 7 days in November just before Chicago.  I thought I had 9 days left in total.....4 I had to use, and 5 that I would "carry over" to next year.

It turns out I have 14 days left.  :o

I have to use 9 days before the end of the year, or I lose them.  I won't let that happen, so I approached my supervisor.  We have year-end stuff that needs to be done, so I'd rather not take weeks off.  Maria told me that after today, I'll take off every Friday and Monday, so from now until the new year, I'll be only working Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.  ;D

The one exception will be Friday, Dec. 23rd, as Maria already took that day off, so I will be here.

Today's destination, Léon Cathedral, Spain:

The walls of Léon's Gothic cathedral, which was begun in 1205, were built more with glass than with stone.  One hundred twenty-five stained-glass windows, three giant rose windows, and fifty-seven oculi fill the lofty interior with bejeweled shafts of light.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10456 on: November 25, 2011, 09:13:42 am »
I can't actually see the cake as I'm at work, so maybe I'd change my mind if I see it!

I was going on description! But I'm constantly hungry at the moment!

That's a nice working week.... I can't believe you know how much vacation you have! I ALWAYS know exactly how much I have!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10457 on: November 25, 2011, 01:55:54 pm »
Me too, Kelda. It says on my payslip every month.

But what a lovely surprise, Chuck!!  ;D 9 unexpected days!!  :o

You're gonna have a very easy and laid back rest of this year!

Working 3 days and off 4 days sounds absolutely perfect to me.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline brianr

« Reply #10458 on: November 25, 2011, 02:39:16 pm »
As a teacher, I always had about 45 working days off each year and I looked forward to every one of them. Now life is one big holiday  ;D

I am on a roll today (except for a slight headache) as I joined 35,500 (population of Dunedin is 120,000) in our brand new covered stadium last night to see Elton John. I bought my tickets in February and they were not cheap and was a bit worried as , face it, I am really a classical music fan but have always enjoyed Elton as well.  Need not have worried. He played and sang continuously for 2 and a half hours and it was stupendous. I joined the crowd in roaring applause when he said he was in a happy period of his life with a wonderful partner and son.
http://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/188294/oh-what-knight

Offline Sophia

• Your elbows, try to lick them
« Reply #10459 on: November 25, 2011, 07:21:50 pm »
As a teacher, I always had about 45 working days off each year and I looked forward to every one of them. Now life is one big holiday  ;D

I am on a roll today (except for a slight headache) as I joined 35,500 (population of Dunedin is 120,000) in our brand new covered stadium last night to see Elton John. I bought my tickets in February and they were not cheap and was a bit worried as , face it, I am really a classical music fan but have always enjoyed Elton as well.  Need not have worried. He played and sang continuously for 2 and a half hours and it was stupendous. I joined the crowd in roaring applause when he said he was in a happy period of his life with a wonderful partner and son.
http://www.odt.co.nz/news/dunedin/188294/oh-what-knight

Thats awesome Brian, thank you for sharing.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKmXRwjWYUM[/youtube]