Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8993097 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10470 on: December 06, 2011, 12:52:43 pm »
Today's destination, Lech, Austria.

Some of the choicest downhill skiing ( and aprés-ski) in the world can be found in the western reaches of the Austrian Alps.  Lech, the region's most charming village resort, has an unspoiled character and an indisputable air of exclusivity.

So is that where the expression "What a lech!" comes from?  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10471 on: December 07, 2011, 08:56:09 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Bowling went well last night, I had a high score of 143 for my last game!  ;D  Unfortunately, we finished late, and I wasn't home unitl about midnight, so my ass is draggin' today!

Wishing you all a solemn Pearl Harbor Rememberance Day!

Today's destination:  Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa.

Tabel Mountain rises more than 3,500 feet above Cape Town, an aptly named backdrop to the city's busy harbor.  The view is even better from the top of the mountain, looking back down at the city and out to sea.  A cable car system runs frequently, so you don't have to hike unless you want to.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10472 on: December 07, 2011, 01:04:08 pm »
Chuck, I'm gonna miss these daily travel destinations next year.

I hope someone gives you a new travel calendar!  ;D :-*

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10473 on: December 08, 2011, 08:34:49 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Damn, it was windy last night!  I heard the rain pounding against the window and the wind knocking stuff around.  Looks like it's gone now, sun is coming out and it should help dry stuff out today.

Chuck, I'm gonna miss these daily travel destinations next year.

I hope someone gives you a new travel calendar!  ;D :-*

Well, Christmas is in a few weeks, we'll see what happens!  It has been cool posting the pics up of the calendar, but I think I'd need to be a billionaire to see all the places.

Today's destination:  Basilique de Sacré-Coeur, Paris, France.

Gleaming white and with a 273-foot central dome, the outside of Sacré-Coeur is almost confectionary.  Inside are one fo the world's largest mosaics, depicting Christ with outstreted arms, and a commanding view outward from the dome across the City of Lights.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10474 on: December 08, 2011, 09:35:08 am »
You don't know windy Chuck!

Ive been sent home from work (with work to do at home.. boo!) due to 100 mile an hour winds and police forces have urged people not to travel between 2pm and 9pm today.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10475 on: December 08, 2011, 09:42:31 am »

Ive been sent home from work (with work to do at home.. boo!) due to 100 mile an hour winds and police forces have urged people not to travel between 2pm and 9pm today.

Not a very good day to be wearing a kilt, eh wot?  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10476 on: December 08, 2011, 04:04:17 pm »

What's this with all this wind around the globe today? It is (and was yesterday) very windy here, too. Storms in other areas of Germany, but for me only strong winds.

Stay home and stay safe, Kelda!

;D :laugh:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #10477 on: December 08, 2011, 04:10:04 pm »
Today's destination:  Basilique de Sacré-Coeur, Paris, France.

Gleaming white and with a 273-foot central dome, the outside of Sacré-Coeur is almost confectionary.  Inside are one fo the world's largest mosaics, depicting Christ with outstreted arms, and a commanding view outward from the dome across the City of Lights.

Been there! :D
Many moons ago I was in Paris for exactly one day. Saw the Tour Eiffel, Sacré-Coeur and the artists of Montmartre.
Met a French family which invited us (all six of us) into their home, let us sleep there and even fed us all. And all lthis after we crashed into their car. Unbelievable.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10478 on: December 08, 2011, 05:36:09 pm »
Paris is my favourite city. Spent 4 days there this year and nearly 2 weeks in both 2002 and 2007. In 2007 I took my sister who had only visited for a day before. She was a little worried about 11 days. At the end I said "Was it too long?" and she replied " No not long enough."
Recently our seniors movie group went to see "Midnight in Paris" I warned them I would be wrapt even if the movie was a little silly. Fortunately, being Sunday, the travel agents were all closed.  ;D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10479 on: December 08, 2011, 05:58:14 pm »

Nope.. its miserable outside! It would be a scary sight if people were wearing kilts!!

What's this with all this wind around the globe today? It is (and was yesterday) very windy here, too. Storms in other areas of Germany, but for me only strong winds.

Stay home and stay safe, Kelda!

I have done..

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/