Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9082692 times)

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka... Rob
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10500 on: December 18, 2011, 07:00:28 am »

You already sent a card to the old address ?  :o

Oh, I'm so sorry, Chuck. I changed post offices by a few kilometres because the new one is open Saturday morning (for parcel collection).  Unfortunately, the old one wouldn't let me use a redirection service, as they said it couldn't be done PO box to PO box.

I did find your address, and sent a card on Friday. Hope it gets there in time.

Hey, a white elephant party sounds great. We should start that kind of party going here. I guess it would be a good way to recycle.  ;D

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #10501 on: December 18, 2011, 10:48:21 am »
Hiya Meryl!  I'm glad you got it!  ;D  As for "nice" rather than 'naughty' :laugh: I've decided to mail out the cards that Rich used to mail out.  Kinda my way of keeping him around for the holidays.  I hope that doesn't sound morbid.

I really liked te Museum of Sex.  I would like to see it expanded, but I thought it was very informative and humorous.

Hiya Sonja!

To use BetterMost members as an example, let's say you are holding one.  You've invited me, Meryl, John, Monika, Paul and Lynne.

Everyone goes through their home and finds an ugly, tacky, or even broken item they no longer want, and they wrap it up as new.  The packages are arranged on a table and everyone draws a number from a bag.  Sonja, you pick #1 so you go first and pick and unwrap a present.  Meryl drew #2, so she goes next.  She has the option to open a new gift, or steal yours.  If she steals yours, you get to pick a new gift.  It goes on this way until all the gifts are open.  Because you went first and didn't get the option to steal, you can then walk around and choose one gift to steal, if you so want to.

After that, everyone just takes their tacky gift home and throws it out, because there is no emotional ties to it.  lol

Close, Chuckie...except Sonja gets me a tin of herring because I'm special that way.   ;D
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10502 on: December 19, 2011, 01:00:20 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

A new week has started, and it's only a week until Christmas!  ;D

I hope everyone who celebrates is ready!  ;D  I'm done!  All my cards are sent, and the shopping is done!

Today's destination:  Megeve France.

Designated a must for society's winter schedule by the Baroness de Rothschild in the 1950s, Megeve maintains its popularity as a quintessentially charming alpine village with an international vibe.  Horses still pull sleighs, the town center remains traditional, and woodland terrain makes for excellent cross-country skiing.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #10503 on: December 19, 2011, 02:12:49 pm »
I wanna go to Zagreb, Croatia.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #10504 on: December 20, 2011, 08:50:29 am »

I wanna go to NJ.  :)

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #10505 on: December 20, 2011, 08:51:41 am »

Hi Fi.  :)

Offline optom3

« Reply #10506 on: December 20, 2011, 08:52:45 am »
Hi, I am doing the rounds saying hello to long lost friends. I have been away too long. Hope all is well.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10507 on: December 20, 2011, 11:18:15 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!  It's bowling night!  ;D

How is everyone today?  I'm doing well, catching up at work on stuff!

Happy Hannukah!!!

I wanna go to Zagreb, Croatia.

Hiya Big Brother Truman!  :-*  Is there any particular reason why?

I wanna go to NJ.  :)

Hiya buddy!  It's good to see you here!!!!  I would think you'd rather see NY instead of NJ!

Hi, I am doing the rounds saying hello to long lost friends. I have been away too long. Hope all is well.

Fi!!!!  Darlin', it is sooooo good to see you here again!   :-*

Today's destination:  Museo Sorella, Madrid, Spain.

Often overlooked by those who rush to bigger and better known cultural stops, this gallery of the works of Joaquin Sorolla, Spain's foremost Impressionist painter, is Madrid's nicest small museum, offering an elegant, intimate experience in the artist's former home.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #10508 on: December 21, 2011, 07:57:06 am »

Yep. Spain does have some really nice, interesting places.

I guess, so does NY.....

But you're in NJ, aren't you?

Nice to see Fi's beautiful smile on the page, too. That's two of us missing old friends.  :)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10509 on: December 21, 2011, 09:39:03 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy  Hump Day to you all!

Geeeez, I'm tired, I was up way toooooo late last night!   :laugh:  I wore my Santa Cowboy hat to bowling last night, and I'm glad I did!  Everyone seemed to have some sort of holiday hat on, so it was good of me to think to wear it.

I left it in the car overnight, so I'm wearing it now as a joke at work!

Yep. Spain does have some really nice, interesting places.

I guess, so does NY.....

But you're in NJ, aren't you?

Nice to see Fi's beautiful smile on the page, too. That's two of us missing old friends.  :)

Hiya Rob!!  Yes, NY has nice places, and so does NJ.  Yes, I'm in NJ, but only about a 30 minute drive to NYC, so there's always something to do!  ;D

And yes, it's great to see Fiona here as well!  I've missed a lot of my BetterMost friends!!  I've seen Mandy posting about as well, now if we can get Shasta and Dev to come back more frequently as well......

Today's destination:  Cap L'Agulhas, South Africa.

The Cape of Good Hope gets all the attention, but nearby Cape L'Aguhas is actually the southermost point of the continent.  Head out from Capetown, and visit the Cape on yoru way to the famous Garden Route, a 130-mile stretch of road along coastal terrain of lakes, mountains, forests and golden beaches.