Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9100720 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10520 on: December 24, 2011, 01:02:42 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's Christmas Eve!

My Christmas cards are done, my shopping and wrapping are done, my car is gassed up, I have a dinner party tonight, and then my brother's place tomorrow for lunch.

I wasn't tired last night, so I made a batch of white chocolate brownies for dessert tomorrow.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10521 on: December 25, 2011, 01:02:46 am »

Thanks for the card Chuck.  As I said elsewhere I am not sending them this year.  I still really appreciated
yours.  I also got friended today by Gene Pisseri on facebook.  That along with your sweet card, brought Richard right back to me here.  Happy Holidays, and have a wonderful new year. :D

Beautiful mind

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10522 on: December 25, 2011, 08:42:29 am »
Yes, i got mine too.. thanks Chuck!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #10523 on: December 25, 2011, 12:23:42 pm »
Merry Christmas, Chuck!  :-* :-* :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10524 on: December 25, 2011, 12:30:33 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Holidays!

I hope that whatever holiday you are celebrating this time of year, that you are enjoying yourself to the fullest.

If you are not celebrating anything today, I hope that you are enjoying your day.

Thanks for the card Chuck.  As I said elsewhere I am not sending them this year.  I still really appreciated yours.  I also got friended today by Gene Pisseri on facebook.  That along with your sweet card, brought Richard right back to me here.  Happy Holidays, and have a wonderful new year. :D

Yes, i got mine too.. thanks Chuck!

You're welcome Janice & Kelda!   I don't expect cards back (but it's fun to get them) but I'm not the best when it comes to making phone calls.  The cards are my way to send out messages so those who receive them know that I'm thinking of them.  If I sent you are card, you're a friend.  ;D  If I didn't send you a card, it's because I don't have your address!  :laugh:

I used to send out cards that Meryl once called "naughty"  :laugh:  I enjoy irreverant humor, so my card selection reflected that.  However, after losing Rich, I wanted to send out the cards he did, it was my way of keeping his memory alive.  Everyone who gets one always comments on the cards, either that it made them think of Rich, or if it's someone who didn't know Rich, that they never knew there were "Western" Christmas cards.  My only reservation with the cards is that they alll seem to say "Merry Christmas" on then instead of "Happy Holidays", which is why when I put my message on them, I say "Happy Holidays".

Dinner last night with my friends was great, lots of laughs, lots of food, and a great time.  I'll be leaving in about 30 minutes to lunch with my brother and sister-in-law, and our gift bag exchange.

;D

See you all later!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10525 on: December 25, 2011, 12:40:42 pm »
Merry Christmas, Chuck, and have a great time at your brother's!!!   :-*

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10526 on: December 25, 2011, 09:37:22 pm »
Merry Christmas, Chuck!

And everyone else!
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10527 on: December 26, 2011, 05:21:08 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

It was sooooo nice to have today off!  ;D

Slept in today, had a light breakfast and lunch, did the crossword, and baked 3 dozen white chocolate brownies to put out at work tomorrow.

I hope everyone has had a great day, and a great holiday!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10528 on: December 27, 2011, 08:50:24 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Here I am, back in my cube at work!  LOL

Well, it's was a great weekend, and I have no complaints, other than the weight I've gained.  ::)  I'll take care of that when the new year starts!

It's very quiet at work......very few people are here, and I have my radio off.  Since December arrived, I had the "Lite FM" station on to hear Christmas music.  I generally don't listen to the radio at work, so now I'm adjusting to the quiet again.

:laugh:

Today's travel destination:

Gstaad, Bernese Oberland, Switzerland

Royalty adn the world's celebrities ski in Gstaad, with its 155 miles of downhill runs and 60 miles of cross-coutry trails.  At the confluence of four alpine valleys, it is the pear of the magnificent Bernese Oberland, one of the world's best winter playgrounds.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #10529 on: December 27, 2011, 09:03:01 am »
Good morning, Chuckie  :-*

I almost always have headphones on while working - all the activity in the other cubes distracts me.  I usually cannot do any sort of streaming like internet radio or Pandora from the work computer because of the bandwidth limits, so I'm now plugged into the phone for this.  Before the smartphone, it was CDs...and did you know we were talking about 8 track tapes the other day?

Did you ever have one? And what was your first?  Mine was Alabama, Mountain Music.

My first 45 was the Beatles, Eight Days A Week when I was about 10 - but that's a story and a question for Kelda, I think...going over there...
"Laß sein. Laß sein."