Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9237061 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10530 on: December 27, 2011, 10:01:50 am »
Before the smartphone, it was CDs...and did you know we were talking about 8 track tapes the other day?

Did you ever have one? And what was your first?  Mine was Alabama, Mountain Music.

My first 45 was the Beatles, Eight Days A Week when I was about 10 - but that's a story and a question for Kelda, I think...going over there...

I've never had an 8-track tape.  My first full length album was on vinyl, some compilation of hits that I can't remember.

The first full length album I got all for the same artist was Nena's 99 Luftballons.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #10531 on: December 27, 2011, 10:04:29 am »
I've never had an 8-track tape.  My first full length album was on vinyl, some compilation of hits that I can't remember.

The first full length album I got all for the same artist was Nena's 99 Luftballons.

;D

It had to be.  :laugh: 8) :-*
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10532 on: December 27, 2011, 10:06:38 am »
It had to be.  :laugh: 8) :-*

LOL

I even remember that sticker in the top right corner that said "Contains the hit single "99 Luftballons" and "Just A Dream".

That was the second single, which flopped.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10533 on: December 27, 2011, 02:00:37 pm »

;D

Why am I not surprised...?    ::) ;D 8)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10534 on: December 28, 2011, 08:42:00 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I'm in the office, and I'm the only one here again!   :laugh:

It's nice and quiet, the tree is lit, as is the menorrah with all the candles (well, lightbulbs)....in a few days it will be New Year's Day and we can kiss another holiday season and another year good-bye.

I have been totally neglecting my weight and exercise routines and it is showing.  My clothes are getting tight.  So once again it is back to healthy eating and exercise, and another attempt to get under 200 pounds.

It would be cool to show off a svelt new figure for the Boston AIDS Walk in June.  ;D

Today's travel destination:

The Las Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, Nevada

The over-the-top glitz of the Strip is slowly ceding ground to top-of-the-line luxary, but you can still find an all-you-can-eat buffet, a wedding chapel, and , of course, lots of big shiny places for gambling around the clock.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10535 on: December 29, 2011, 09:23:11 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I'm in the office, and I'm the only one here again!   :laugh:

People should start strolling in at 9, but I like getting here at 7.  I'm one of the few (sometimes the only) one here, I get caught up on work, no emails or phonecalls to distract me, and it's peaceful.

I'm hoping that they'll let us out tomorrow at 3:00 like they did for Christmas.  I sent an email to my clients to let them know it was possible we'd be dismissed early, they all listened at Christmas and got me their banking stuff by noon.   I hope they do the same tomorrow.

Copacabana Beach, Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Sun-seekers and sand castles are out in force on the famous beach at Copacabana during the December holidays, as the Brazilian summer heats up.  In just two day's time, the beach will fill with thousands of revelers dressed in white, who come to kick-off the New Year's celebration with music, dance, and fireworks.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10536 on: December 29, 2011, 02:21:28 pm »
So do you work flexi Chuck? Can you leave early if you come in early?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10537 on: December 29, 2011, 03:55:26 pm »
So do you work flexi Chuck? Can you leave early if you come in early?

Mostly, yes.

The "normal" work day would be either 9 - 6 or 8 - 5 with an hour lunch.  I work 7 - 4, so I beat the traffic both coming and leaving.

Oh, and I was also told I can wear jeans tomorrow to work.  ;D

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10538 on: December 29, 2011, 11:42:05 pm »
Have a good last work day of the year, Chuck!
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10539 on: December 30, 2011, 09:13:14 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Last Friday of the year!

It's going to be a dead day here, very few people will be in the office!  We're all wearing jeans and casual tops instead of business attire.  It's also Pay Day!  Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

;D

My immediate supervisor is bringing in breakfast sandwiches for a few of us, she's getting me taylor ham, bacon and cheese on a bagel.  Yum!  My last one of these for 2011 before I throw myself back onto the diet for 2012.

I'm also going out for dinner with a few of the guys from the gay bowling league so that will be fun, and then tomorrow I'm baking some stromboli (by request) for the New Year's Eve party I'm going to.

The Eiffel Tower, Paris, France

One of the world's gerat New Year's Eve celebrations takes place at the Eiffel Tower, where Parisians and international visitors of all ages and types gather, bearing wine and small fireworks.  A lighthearted party reaches its culmination when a massive fireworks display explodes at midnight and the new year begins.  You can also join the festivities along the Champs-Elysees, or-for a more serene perspective-head up to the Sacré-Coeur for a few of Paris illuminated by the pyrotechnic show.  Bonne Anee!