Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8929035 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #11590 on: January 28, 2013, 08:54:52 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Well, here we are, back at Monday.   ::)  Oh well, I guess all good things (weekends) come to an end.

The "strange" banner is here because I had a strange dream last night, and I thought it may make you all laugh! Before I share it, I have to preface it with a story.

Not long ago there was a Sacred Heart School (my grade school) reunion and I met up with 6 of my former classmates.   It was a blast, and we talked about a lot of memories, and we all questioned each other about "Susan" and how no one could find her on Facebook, through email, or any other way.

Ok, so last night I had this dream that I was in a car, and was being driven somewhere by "Sue's" mother, "Donna."  LOL I asked about Sue and according to Donna, she's now a Mennonite. Hahaahaa!

It gets better! In the dream I tracked her down! She was living in a wooden house, and when she opened the door she was wearing a Little House on the Prairie dress with the white bonnet, and her husband Josiah was standing behind her!

I have no idea what made me have this dream, but it was crazy!  I remember waking up laughing at the thought of her as a Mennonite, and since I'm in touch with a few of the SHS classmates, I had to message them about the dream.  One of them replied that perhaps we'd see her on next season's "Breaking Amish"!

:laugh:

When do you plan to move Chuck? And close to where you are now?

Hello Kelda!

I'm not 100% sure on "when" the move will take place, definitely sometime this year.   I plan on staying close to where I am now, the rents tend to be more affordable.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 01:55:49 am by Penthesilea »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11591 on: January 28, 2013, 09:58:18 am »
Maybe that was really just a "screening dream," and you were actually picked up by aliens.  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11592 on: January 29, 2013, 09:29:27 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I think I want one of those bowling balls!   :laugh:

Yes, it's bowling night tonight, so I'll be away from computer for the evening.  My team is holding their position in 6th place, we've been there for the past three weeks.  Not bad.

;D

I'm thinking I may download Skype for my computer at home....I've heard a lot of good things about it, and the computer comes with a built-in camera, I may as well use it.

Maybe that was really just a "screening dream," and you were actually picked up by aliens.  8)

Oh great, something else to be worried about......

:laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11593 on: January 29, 2013, 10:04:53 am »

Oh great, something else to be worried about......

But, lucky for us, they brought you back. ...  ;D  :-*
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11594 on: January 29, 2013, 01:46:04 pm »

I'm thinking I may download Skype for my computer at home....I've heard a lot of good things about it, and the computer comes with a built-in camera, I may as well use it.

I love Skype although I rarely use the camera but I speak with my sister every morning (in another country) for free. Neither of us wants to appear on screen first thing in the morning  ;D but occasionally I have used it to show her something about my house.
Also moving to a new country I have had to ring back to Australia quite often, You know the thing "Your call is important to us but our lines are busy" It would have cost me a fortune on the phone but skype is so cheap even ringing a phone number. Just last week I had hassles with changing a hotel booking in Rome and they would not answer my emails but I was able to ring and thankfully they spoke English and told me they had received my emails ???.  I think it was less than 20 cents for the call.
You have to pay Au$16 and they top it up when you go below Au$3 but mostly I use it skype to skype which is free.

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #11595 on: January 29, 2013, 03:48:27 pm »
My new favorite photo of Chuckie:  from the London trip, taken by Trigger Hippie aka Nick.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #11596 on: January 29, 2013, 05:07:36 pm »
My new favorite photo of Chuckie:  from the London trip, taken by Trigger Hippie aka Nick.

Oh yeah. What a great photo! :D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11597 on: January 30, 2013, 09:21:50 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

That's what I wish I was doing now!   :laugh:  These late-night bowling matches are gonna be the death of me!  LOL  I'd quit the league if I didn't enjoy them so much!   Update of last night will be in the "Striking Out" section of my blog.

But, lucky for us, they brought you back. ...  ;D  :-*

And what makes you think they wouldv'e wanted to keep me?   :laugh:  After about an hour they probably shot me back to my bed so fast.....

I love Skype although I rarely use the camera but I speak with my sister every morning (in another country) for free. Neither of us wants to appear on screen first thing in the morning  ;D but occasionally I have used it to show her something about my house.

Also moving to a new country I have had to ring back to Australia quite often, You know the thing "Your call is important to us but our lines are busy" It would have cost me a fortune on the phone but skype is so cheap even ringing a phone number. Just last week I had hassles with changing a hotel booking in Rome and they would not answer my emails but I was able to ring and thankfully they spoke English and told me they had received my emails ???.  I think it was less than 20 cents for the call.

You have to pay Au$16 and they top it up when you go below Au$3 but mostly I use it skype to skype which is free.

I have to say, I know NOTHING about Skype, but I guess I'll find out this weekend.   :laugh:  My computer monitor has a built in camera, which I didn't know how to work either, so last night when I was poking around the computer, I not only found the camera, I found the program for Skype, so I guess it's already on my computer, I just have to activate it.

Oh yeah. What a great photo! :D

Nick is really great with a camera!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11598 on: January 30, 2013, 06:08:04 pm »
I love both portraits!

Yes, Nick is really great with a camera!

Looking forward to skyping with you, Chuckie!   :-*

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #11599 on: January 30, 2013, 06:48:18 pm »
Nick has quite an eye! You both look fabulous!
"chewing gum and duct tape"