Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3108360 times)

merrobot

Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #8220 on: December 02, 2006, 01:36:17 pm »

I wonder what Jeremy's choice is.  Straight or gay?  Nick or Jeeves?

Umm...sexual orientation wasn't a choice last I checked  ???

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #8221 on: December 02, 2006, 01:38:48 pm »
thanks, Ronit... thank you all.

I feel a little bit disoriented and heady.  Maybe it's because of the writing I did today, or the fact that I am actually doing the Finale, and changing gears due to my own creative needs.  I felt a great sadness that I felt the need to change gears and refocus, and at the same time, a responsibility to the characters and the universe I have created and lived with for the past seven months.

I am hopeful that the solution I have devised turns out to meet all of our needs as I wrap up the myriad "loose ends" and ease the way for the diverging paths of the original characters into their own worlds and explorations.

I will let slip another plan I have, which, time permitting, I expect to be working on during December.  I am going to try my hand at "originalizing" the first book, "Taking Chances" as an original story.  This is going to take a certain amount of thought and planning, but after much discussion and rumination, I think it can be done.  And if I do get it done - I will be publishing it, and the other books, in an on-demand manner (ie. printing as they are ordered.)
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8222 on: December 02, 2006, 01:40:33 pm »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/160560.html  "Chapter 127:  Accessories Before the Fact"

Loved it Louise!!!

I posted this on your LJ, but what the heck ..  ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8223 on: December 02, 2006, 01:42:33 pm »
wow... more fanart!

A surfeit of goodness!
an embarrassment of riches!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

merrobot

« Reply #8224 on: December 02, 2006, 01:44:53 pm »

I will let slip another plan I have, which, time permitting, I expect to be working on during December.  I am going to try my hand at "originalizing" the first book, "Taking Chances" as an original story.  This is going to take a certain amount of thought and planning, but after much discussion and rumination, I think it can be done.  And if I do get it done - I will be publishing it, and the other books, in an on-demand manner (ie. printing as they are ordered.)

Well, I'm sure "find & replace" will  help with some aspects of it  ;)  Could be a nice little money-earner too, I guess.  The last person who published their fanfic got into some serious hot water, of course "originalizing" the Laramie Saga might be one way around this.  But then, it is rather getting away from your original goal of writing - it will not help anyone else to "heal" from BBM if you are circulating it as an original work.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #8225 on: December 02, 2006, 02:38:31 pm »
thanks, Ronit... thank you all.

I feel a little bit disoriented and heady.  Maybe it's because of the writing I did today, or the fact that I am actually doing the Finale, and changing gears due to my own creative needs.  I felt a great sadness that I felt the need to change gears and refocus, and at the same time, a responsibility to the characters and the universe I have created and lived with for the past seven months.

I am hopeful that the solution I have devised turns out to meet all of our needs as I wrap up the myriad "loose ends" and ease the way for the diverging paths of the original characters into their own worlds and explorations.

I will let slip another plan I have, which, time permitting, I expect to be working on during December.  I am going to try my hand at "originalizing" the first book, "Taking Chances" as an original story.  This is going to take a certain amount of thought and planning, but after much discussion and rumination, I think it can be done.  And if I do get it done - I will be publishing it, and the other books, in an on-demand manner (ie. printing as they are ordered.)

Yipppee Louise, great to hear.Me and my cosmic twin will be putting our pre-orders in ASAP, wont we twinnie? Where are you today anyway? Hardly seen you. :'( :'( Hope your not letting RL get in the way of the important things, like our boys. ;) ;D I cant believe Ennis actually Kissed Ellery in front of everyone. I was hoping he would but I wasnt sure. Brilliant. Now are the girls going to Wes and Ednas for the nite to give our boys some privacy on their wedding nite? I know they cant do much but they ought to be alone really. *SIGH*.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8226 on: December 02, 2006, 02:40:00 pm »
whaddayamean souxi?  I already wrote THREE WHOLE CHAPTERS!!!

You girls are never enough.... what are you, the wonder twins?

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #8227 on: December 02, 2006, 02:45:27 pm »
whaddayamean souxi?  I already wrote THREE WHOLE CHAPTERS!!!

You girls are never enough.... what are you, the wonder twins?

Yup thats us lol. ;D Ok I spose you can have the rest of the day off then, (reluctantly) it is your birthday lol. ;D So after the 15 extra chapters about the wedding night ;)(after Enni,s ear is better) do we get another 50 for the honeymoon? Or is that wishfull thinking on my part lol.  ;) ;) ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8228 on: December 02, 2006, 02:48:46 pm »
SPOILERS!!!

Okay.

This is what you are going to get.

One long post-legbone night in the sack!

One story about the wedding reception (that comes later)
And "Dupree's Choice" will start after Dupree drops Nick home after their hot Saturday night three-orgasm date.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #8229 on: December 02, 2006, 03:01:07 pm »
SPOILERS!!!

Okay.

This is what you are going to get.

One long post-legbone night in the sack!

One story about the wedding reception (that comes later)
And "Dupree's Choice" will start after Dupree drops Nick home after their hot Saturday night three-orgasm date.

Wooooweeeeee!!!!!!! Long did you say? So does that mean, really really really long? I mean think about it Louise, our poor boys have been deprved for days and days on end. Well it seems like that to us lol, so it,s got be longggggggggg hasnt it? lol. wooweeeee!!!!! Yippeeee lol. Sorry,I got excited then lol.  ;) ;) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D