Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3145328 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #8270 on: December 02, 2006, 06:14:31 pm »
Thanks folks. Glad you all liked the poem!

I don't think we settled on a final definition of delmarriage. Richard does this fit your specification?

Delmarriage – having staggered out of bed in a state of unsatisfied arousal, the groom hurriedly dons a tuxedo, greets the local sheriff and his wife, utters “I belong ta you” and collapses back into bed in the same state of unsatisfied arousal. The other groom, having jerked off, does likewise.

PMSL! I like this!!  :D

Offline richardg49

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • 'Keep on trucking'
« Reply #8271 on: December 02, 2006, 06:23:07 pm »
Thanks folks. Glad you all liked the poem!

I don't think we settled on a final definition of delmarriage. Richard does this fit your specification?

Delmarriage – having staggered out of bed in a state of unsatisfied arousal, the groom hurriedly dons a tuxedo, greets the local sheriff and his wife, utters “I belong ta you” and collapses back into bed in the same state of unsatisfied arousal. The other groom, having jerked off, does likewise.

Hi Jo. Excellent definition. That seems to capture the spirit of the event exactly. Great poem, too, BTW. Everyone seems to be in celebratory mood today!!
I gave him what I hoped was that hopeful innocent puppy look that said “don’t you just want ta rub my tummy” rather than that hungry, ravenous wolf look that said “why don’t you just come out a that brick house so I can eat you up little pig?” LVH: 'What I did on my Day Off'

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8272 on: December 02, 2006, 06:28:02 pm »
And may I use one of the banners then?? *keeps fingers crossed and looks at Milli hopefully*

;D

But of course June!   ;)

Right, people, I'm off! 
I figured today is a good a day as any to start doing some Christmas shopping ..
so far all the gifts I have purchased have been for me..me..me..lol, so time to start getting stuff for others ..

Y'all be good now, behave yerselves ..  ;D

Can't wait to check out the epilogue tonight!
Cheerio!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #8273 on: December 02, 2006, 06:44:17 pm »
good luck in the big shopping world, Milli. I have given up shopping for good, except of it is at a German Christmas market.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Lhuthiel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #8274 on: December 02, 2006, 07:04:08 pm »
Hi everyone,
I have been lurking here for quite some time and now that I saw you might have a re-read of the LS, I finally gathered up the courage to join, so I could have something to pass the time with, until I will be able to read Dupree's Choice.  :)
I hope you won't mind my mistakes in English too much, it's not my mother tongue after all.

Louise,
thank you so much for your story, I always enjoyed reading it so much since I discovered it (you were at "Taking Chances" chapter 62 then) and it really helped me overcome my BBM-depression after seeing the movie in the theatres in March.
I know this might sound a bit weird, because you don't know me at all, but I also wanted to say I hope you had a nice birthday today (I'm still in time for birthday wishes, if just barely ;)). I mean, I've been loving your story for such a long time now, that I kinda feel I can say Happy Birthday nonetheless. :)
Music washes away from the soul the dust of every-day life
-Auberbach-

Offline opinionista

« Reply #8275 on: December 02, 2006, 07:07:46 pm »
Hi everyone,
I have been lurking here for quite some time and now that I saw you might have a re-read of the LS, I finally gathered up the courage to join, so I could have something to pass the time with, until I will be able to read Dupree's Choice.  :)
I hope you won't mind my mistakes in English too much, it's not my mother tongue after all.

Louise,
thank you so much for your story, I always enjoyed reading it so much since I discovered it (you were at "Taking Chances" chapter 62 then) and it really helped me overcome my BBM-depression after seeing the movie in the theatres in March.
I know this might sound a bit weird, because you don't know me at all, but I also wanted to say I hope you had a nice birthday today (I'm still in time for birthday wishes, if just barely ;)). I mean, I've been loving your story for such a long time now, that I kinda feel I can say Happy Birthday nonetheless. :)

Welcome Lhuthiel! English isn't my native tongue either so you won't be the only one making mistakes!  ;)  ;D
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8276 on: December 02, 2006, 07:08:23 pm »
Lhuthiel:

If you send me your LJ name I can friend you so you can read the work in progress as well as the Epilogue in progress.  (Unless Ive already done that.)

And thank you for the birthday wishes!!!

Sind Sie Deutsch?
Etes-vous Francais?

I speak German and French if you need to change languages sometimes!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #8277 on: December 02, 2006, 07:11:11 pm »
Hi everyone,

Louise,

Hi Lhuthiel  :) Welcome!  Nice to see you here  :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8278 on: December 02, 2006, 07:16:00 pm »
yes, we have many 2nd language speakers here... belbbmfan is Belgian, Bigheart is Dutch, I'm American - hehheheh... opinionista is Puerto Rican/Spanish, so we are from everywhere in this chat!

Offline Lhuthiel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #8279 on: December 02, 2006, 07:24:56 pm »
Thanks for the warm welcome opinionista, Louise and Bigheart, I already feel much better (I'm always so nervous about registering anywhere). :)
It's also nice to know I'm not the only one who might have language difficulties.
And yes, Louise, I'm German, how did you guess? Anyway, it's even better to know, there's someone to ask on language problems. :)
I just opened up a LJ account on the same name as here, I would be real grateful, if it's possilble you friend me.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of every-day life
-Auberbach-