Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3170540 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #8310 on: December 03, 2006, 07:04:39 am »
Moi? What do I do then? I,m a good girl I am.  ;) ;) ;D

Whaaaaa??! Get outta here J!!  ::)  ;)  Hahahahaha ~ and you aint fooling nobody either with that lovely Angel pic!  ::)  :P

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #8311 on: December 03, 2006, 07:13:36 am »
Whaaaaa??! Get outta here J!!  ::)  ;)  Hahahahaha ~ and you aint fooling nobody either with that lovely Angel pic!  ::)  :P

But, but but, but, I am, honest June.look at those big blue eyes. ;)  ;)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8312 on: December 03, 2006, 07:27:05 am »
Acceptance

It finally hit me this morning.    The need to concluded the Laramie Saga.    The Wedding kiss was it.   Ennis was happy now.   He has accepted his homosexuality by openly kissing Ellery in front of people.     

All objectives were met.   

From the beginning: 
Ennis meets Ellery.   
Ellery finds Jacks killer.   
Ennis has his closure with Jack on the Mountain.
Ennis accepts his love for Ellery
The Wedding.

And of course along the way we got to meet many new colourful characters.   Plus we got to mix in a few old ones.   Ma Twist, His daughters, even Alma.

But now that Ennis is at this happy juncture we need to move onto new characters.     We don't need to be with E&E 24/7 anymore.    They are going to do just fine on there own.    Oh I'm sure Louisev will have Dupree interact with E&E plenty still.      I doubt Ellery will sell the Red Stallion anytime soon.   Ennis wouldn't let him!   He enjoys working there despite his complaints.   

But readers are now foaming at the mouth (and pants) at the new adventures of Jeremy Dupree.    It just makes sense to refocus the story there.    So the Laramie Saga is over.  Time to pass the torch to the new stud in town.    I have finally accepted that this is not so much an ending, but the beginning of something new and delicious.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #8313 on: December 03, 2006, 07:28:38 am »
But, but but, but, I am, honest June.look at those big blue eyes. ;)  ;)

Hmmmm ~ well....alright then, I guess...but I'm still not entirely convinced twinnie  ;D

Offline opinionista

« Reply #8314 on: December 03, 2006, 07:39:16 am »
Acceptance

It finally hit me this morning.    The need to concluded the Laramie Saga.    The Wedding kiss was it.   Ennis was happy now.   He has accepted his homosexuality by openly kissing Ellery in front of people.     

All objectives were met.   

From the beginning: 
Ennis meets Ellery.   
Ellery finds Jacks killer.   
Ennis has his closure with Jack on the Mountain.
Ennis accepts his love for Ellery
The Wedding.

And of course along the way we got to meet many new colourful characters.   Plus we got to mix in a few old ones.   Ma Twist, His daughters, even Alma.

But now that Ennis is at this happy juncture we need to move onto new characters.     We don't need to be with E&E 24/7 anymore.    They are going to do just fine on there own.    Oh I'm sure Louisev will have Dupree interact with E&E plenty still.      I doubt Ellery will sell the Red Stallion anytime soon.   Ennis wouldn't let him!   He enjoys working there despite his complaints.   

But readers are now foaming at the mouth (and pants) at the new adventures of Jeremy Dupree.    It just makes sense to refocus the story there.    So the Laramie Saga is over.  Time to pass the torch to the new stud in town.    I have finally accepted that this is not so much an ending, but the beginning of something new and delicious.

Another objective met: Ennis came out to his daughters, and they have embraced him just the way he is and also Ellery.  And I agree with you David, now it is time to pass the torch to the new stud in town: Jeremy Dupree.  :D
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #8315 on: December 03, 2006, 07:43:39 am »
I hope it is not too late for some more Hughdity goodness  ;D   :P
(We need a drooling smiley)

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David

« Reply #8316 on: December 03, 2006, 07:50:01 am »
 ... And I agree with you David, now it is time to pass the torch to the new stud in town: Jeremy Dupree.  :D

"You bet!"

Let's just hope that he makes the right choice real soon.

Hint hint...

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #8317 on: December 03, 2006, 07:54:12 am »
I agree too  :D

Sweet, David, real sweeeeeet....... ;D

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #8318 on: December 03, 2006, 08:05:46 am »
    "You bet!"

Let's just hope that he makes the right choice real soon.

Hint hint...

Exactly right David. How could he possibly want that 6ft twig when he,s got THAT!! :o :o :o :o

Offline David

« Reply #8319 on: December 03, 2006, 08:15:43 am »
Exactly!    I was shocked when he agreed to go out to dinner with ADA Paula.

Especially after that first night with Nick Sampson.   And now after the second night with Nick, plus Nicks "I'm falling for you" confession, how could he possibly keep that date??

He should just call her and tell her that he has reconsidered because it is improper to date a person he will need to interact with in court.     Which is absolutely true!   She could not disagree with that reasoning. 

If he made the date before even meeting Nick, well that might be different.   He could justify it as the fact she pressured him to do so, and to keep himself in the closet at work he goes on the date.    Even then he could just not make a second date telling her whatever excuse he wanted.   "Improper", "No spark"  etc.