Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3109053 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #9230 on: April 18, 2007, 08:01:47 am »

ow wow, look at this fan tribute to Ellery, the Tales, and to Hugh:

I hope you dont mind, Pernille, but I'll take positive feedback wherever i can get it!

http://pernille-is-me.livejournal.com/172829.html?view=1629725#t1629725

I tried to see it but i need to have permission apparently.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #9231 on: April 18, 2007, 08:10:42 am »
It is basically a comment about Hugh and then Ellery, saying how much she loves Ellery. So what else is new, we all love Ellery! LOL

Louise posted an update, saying that information on Taking Chances can be found here, at Bettermost.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #9232 on: April 18, 2007, 08:11:56 am »
Hi everyone,

Chapters 6, 7, and 8 of Taking Chances are now up and available to those in the friends group.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/3929.html
http://louisev.livejournal.com/4186.html
http://louisev.livejournal.com/4588.html

Feedback is welcome.

Leslie

It's kind of hard to explain, but I'm finding that it's a fascinating experience reading these chapters.  I'm intrigued with Colson Grey (not Cole!) with the blue eyes and blond hair with bits of grey and the widow's peak, and I'm anxious to get to know the details of his family and his past, especially his relationship with Adam.  At the same time, I'm excited for him because I know that very shortly he will be meeting a sheriff's deputy named Ellery Cantrell, and I love this mix of knowing, but not really knowing - if that makes any sense!  Looking forward to more.

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Pernille_is_me

• Don't Say Much
    • My LJ
« Reply #9233 on: April 18, 2007, 09:55:52 am »

ow wow, look at this fan tribute to Ellery, the Tales, and to Hugh:

I hope you dont mind, Pernille, but I'll take positive feedback wherever i can get it!

http://pernille-is-me.livejournal.com/172829.html?view=1629725#t1629725

I wasn't actually a member here before.. I think I've read here on the forum before.. so addressing me here wouldn't do much good Louise.
But I'm glad you saw the post on my journal after all :)
And I do love the story you can always come to me if you need the positive feedback LOL.. 

Offline Pernille_is_me

• Don't Say Much
    • My LJ
« Reply #9234 on: April 18, 2007, 09:58:13 am »
that link says it is a forbidden page, so I think you must have to be friended or something to read it.
At least it didn't work for me to be able to read it.

Yeah.. I had it to friends only..
Ive unlocked it now.. so you can look.. but I will lock it again, because my journal is very personal and so are some of the comments left on this post. Please I dont want problems.. but if you are at LJ too.. friend me if you wanna see more :)

Offline Pernille_is_me

• Don't Say Much
    • My LJ
« Reply #9235 on: April 18, 2007, 10:00:48 am »
I tried to see it but i need to have permission apparently.

I unlocked the post for your viewing pleasure. :)
If you are on LJ, friend me to continue to be able to view my journal, cause I will lock it back up. Its a very personal journal, and so are some of the comments left on this post and I dont want trouble.  ;D

Offline Pernille_is_me

• Don't Say Much
    • My LJ
« Reply #9236 on: April 18, 2007, 10:03:45 am »
It is basically a comment about Hugh and then Ellery, saying how much she loves Ellery. So what else is new, we all love Ellery! LOL

Louise posted an update, saying that information on Taking Chances can be found here, at Bettermost.

L

So I guess I know you at LJ? or else I don't know how you got access to the post  ???
but honestly, right now, I have no idea who you are?  :P  :laugh:

Offline opinionista

« Reply #9237 on: April 18, 2007, 10:05:46 am »
I unlocked the post for your viewing pleasure. :)
If you are on LJ, friend me to continue to be able to view my journal, cause I will lock it back up. Its a very personal journal, and so are some of the comments left on this post and I dont want trouble.  ;D

Done  :D . I totally understand your desire to lock it. Some people can be awfully mean.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #9238 on: April 18, 2007, 10:06:46 am »
BTW Pernille Welcome to Bettermost! I hope you enjoy your stay  :D

Offline Pernille_is_me

• Don't Say Much
    • My LJ
« Reply #9239 on: April 18, 2007, 10:23:58 am »
Done  :D . I totally understand your desire to lock it. Some people can be awfully mean.

mean.. maybe.. maybe not intentionally..
but a lot of people think with their butts.. so yeah, my journal is locked..

I look forward to getting to know you on LJ.. and thank you for the welcome! Much appreciated :D