Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3170085 times)

Helen

Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #1530 on: July 16, 2006, 01:16:45 pm »
150 posts and we'll pass "The Person Below Me" game thread.

Of course, as quiet as we've been today, that won't happen for ages. What happened to all the blabbity-blah-blah Ennis and Ellery fans?

L

It's 35degrees here, and since the UK hasn't yet fully grasped the concept of aircon it is too hot to even think!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1531 on: July 16, 2006, 01:28:41 pm »
oh you like that part of the story do you?

I should take a poll:  which sex adventure that Ennis had with Ellery was the most erotic?

1) Burned Biscuits
2) Lariat bondage
3) Silk tie bondage
4) Dildo Sex
5) Vibrator Sex
6) Role Reversal (Bottom Ennis)

Good thing we kept this poll 'in the house'...lol.

I would have to say, for me, the 'Role Reversal' scenes are super hawt & erotic! 

I've been busy this morning making pumpkin muffins from the gallery.  I'm not a very good cook, and I had to fudge a few of the steps here and there, but they turned out pretty yummy!

Excellent!  ;)
I made biscuits yesterday, was tempted to burn a few, but thought it wise not to set off the fire alarm .. lol

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1532 on: July 16, 2006, 02:07:10 pm »
Well, I'll do my part as I pass by the computer in the middle of installing an air conditioner in the upstairs window.

Leslie, didn't you say that your avatar had special meaning for you? Is it too privately special to share?

In a nutshell...I had a good friend here on Bettermost (actually a friend from the IMDb days) who decided to leave a few days ago for a variety of reasons. I am missing him and this was his avatar for a long time, so I changed to remember his presence here. Also, since I am a bit of a "Heathen" seeing Heath up there next to my name ain't so bad, either.  ;)

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1533 on: July 16, 2006, 02:09:52 pm »
It's 35degrees here, and since the UK hasn't yet fully grasped the concept of aircon it is too hot to even think!

It is 93.4 degrees F here (not sure what that is in C, but not as high as 35, I know) and we haven't grasped the concept of A/C in my house....there is a reason I am indoors in front of the computer with the fan blowing on me....

I like summer but once it is over 90, I am miserable.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Helen

« Reply #1534 on: July 16, 2006, 02:41:22 pm »
It is 93.4 degrees F here (not sure what that is in C, but not as high as 35, I know)

93.4F is 34C!   So, we're close...!  I thought every house in America had aircon.  We could sure do with it in this part of the UK.  *melts*

I'm not keen on it much past about 25C  (around 78F), but at 30C I'm wilting :(

On a rare occasion it'll hit 40C, but that generally happens maybe once every couple of years, and only for a day or two.  But, heck, I just try and get into the fridge on those sorts of days.

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1535 on: July 16, 2006, 02:58:06 pm »
Thanks, Leslie - that does make it extra special. I hope that your friend's leaving doesn't mean that you won't be in contact anymore.

Temperature-wise I'm only happy up to about 70, but if it was that cool I'd be doing something to move my life forward another step or two. With the heat I, too, give myself permission to stay close to the computer.  :)

Offline neatfreak

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1536 on: July 16, 2006, 03:15:03 pm »
All this talk about heat! A few days ago, we had a great chat going about ice cream. It degenerated beautifully into a discussion of characters and their "flavors." So let's make it formal. Feel free to add or improve flavors as you see fit:

Ennis:  Rocky Road
Ellery:  Cherry Vanilla
Lang:  Moose Tracks
Beagle:  Rum Raisin
Wayne:  Peppermint
Dupree:  Neapolitan
Lauren:  Vanilla

Offline tamarack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1537 on: July 16, 2006, 03:33:18 pm »
You know, my name IS Lauren and I've never been partial to vanilla. Can we at least go to strawberry for Lauren?  ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1538 on: July 16, 2006, 03:35:33 pm »
Holy Moly!

Will someone give me a big hard dopeslap right now? SHIT! For some unknown reason, I decided to wade into the murky waters of (the other place) and have spent the last I don't know how many hours fighting the good fight to preserve the honor of Ennis and Ellery. Jeez. WHAT WAS I THINKING? Anyway, I know I have converted anyone over there but at least I managed to come out still looking like I have half a brain. PHEW!

I was actually told to "go to the Ennis and Ellery fansite." Oh brother.

And then I come here and we are happy and talking about ice cream and the weather. THANK GOD SOMEBODY HAS THEIR PRIORITIES STRAIGHT! LOL

For me: Ennis is Chunky Monkey; Ellery is Cherry Garcia. Of course I have to pick Ben & Jerry's flavors, I live in New England!

Leslie
« Last Edit: July 16, 2006, 04:52:02 pm by MaineWriter »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1539 on: July 16, 2006, 03:38:31 pm »
Maybe Buttercupscotch for Lang?  :P