Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3170018 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #3790 on: September 12, 2006, 06:34:49 am »
Update to "The Long Way Home"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/111253.html  "Chapter 32:  Lies and Truth"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3791 on: September 12, 2006, 06:49:17 am »
The whole truth has not come out yet.

However, here is what we know from Chapter 35 of "Looking for Answers"

Then he read the report.  It did not contain photographs, which made it still incomplete, but nonetheless there were toxicology reports.  No sign of sexual activity, no drugs in his system, no signs of a struggle, no bruises.  He read quickly, scanning for the thing he needed so badly to know.  Massive injury to the back of the skull, caused by large blunt object.  A wrench, a hammer... something.  Not a facial, jaw, or neck injury.

Zucchini11 called it, and gets the "false confession" award.  Now I would have thought you guys would be on the alert since the false confession of John Mark Karr on the JonBenet Ramsey case.

Too bad those readers who decided to stop reading didn't wait for the rest of the story.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3792 on: September 12, 2006, 06:55:22 am »
The whole truth has not come out yet.

However, here is what we know from Chapter 35 of "Looking for Answers"

Then he read the report.  It did not contain photographs, which made it still incomplete, but nonetheless there were toxicology reports.  No sign of sexual activity, no drugs in his system, no signs of a struggle, no bruises.  He read quickly, scanning for the thing he needed so badly to know.  Massive injury to the back of the skull, caused by large blunt object.  A wrench, a hammer... something.  Not a facial, jaw, or neck injury.

Zucchini11 called it, and gets the "false confession" award.  Now I would have thought you guys would be on the alert since the false confession of John Mark Karr on the JonBenet Ramsey case.

Too bad those readers who decided to stop reading didn't wait for the rest of the story.

You got me Louise. This time I didn't guess!!! I must be losing my CSI knack  ;). LOL  ;D.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 07:28:30 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3793 on: September 12, 2006, 06:58:13 am »
Silly me. Like Ellery I forgot the details of the autopsy. (slaps forehead)

Am on serious tenterhooks here. Hope we don't have to wait till tomorrow to find out what's in the written confession.

Mmmm... must try and do some work today. Does a Laramie Saga addiction count as gainful employment?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3794 on: September 12, 2006, 07:04:25 am »
Okay, so just ignore that last post of mine. LOL

Seriously, my thoughts on the awfulness of murder still stand. And no matter what we find out about Jack--especiallly if he didn't have sex with Worrell, which seems to be what everyone wants--it still is not going to be pleasant. My 2 cents.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

yb

« Reply #3795 on: September 12, 2006, 07:18:24 am »
My eyes nearly fell off reading chapter 32, you really tricked us good.  I can't wait for the next chapter, don't know how it'll pan out.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3796 on: September 12, 2006, 08:02:11 am »
Update to "The Long Way Home"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/111376.html  "Chapter 33:  A Meeting in Austin"

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #3797 on: September 12, 2006, 08:21:43 am »
Poor Jack. That was really heartwrenching Louise. Like you said, it,s pity all those who decided to stop reading didnt wait before passing judgement. Cant someone put rat poison in Worrells IV drip? The sooner that evil slimey shit dies the better. >:( >:(

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #3798 on: September 12, 2006, 09:58:31 am »
I finished Shelter From the Storm and today I'm starting the next book 'The Long Way Home'.

I'm excited!  Trying to avoid spoilers and looking ahead, which is no easy task.  :-)

RL is currently an annoying interruption of my reading of this wonderful, incredible saga.  Am I too obsessed?  Will I ever catch up?  LOL.
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3799 on: September 12, 2006, 10:56:58 am »
Navy I am amazed you are starting the new book today!  Pretty soon you'll be sitting here tapping your fingers like all the rest of them saying "did you update yet?"

Yes, Spoilers, people, we  have NEW READERS here.  I forgot too.