Author Topic: Movie Chat Room  (Read 812427 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Movie Chat Room
« Reply #1280 on: April 23, 2009, 01:38:43 am »
Hi.

No--spring break was in March.

I fell asleep before 8:00. LOL.

So I just got up a little while ago to let the dogs out and give them a treat. They love their treats!

I'm going back to bed in a little while. How are you tonite?

I'm doing fine! :D

I'm glad you got up to take care of the doggies.... and then check in here! It was nice to see you pop in because I didn't expect it. :)

So, who got eliminated from AI tonight? I hope it wasn't someone you both liked! :-\

I'm watching Soul Food. I love that movie. Vivica A. Fox and Vanessa Williams star in it. I haven't seen this movie in a long time. It's both funny and sad.... a comedy-drama, but probably more of a drama than a comedy.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1281 on: April 23, 2009, 06:13:51 am »
So, who got eliminated from AI tonight? I hope it wasn't someone you both liked!

Everybody is someone I like. But Lil (from Memphis) and Anoop (from SC) got booted tonite and those were the two who should have gone. When it gets down to just a few---you just know it's inevitable. The best 5 are left, IMO.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1282 on: April 23, 2009, 03:23:45 pm »
So, who got eliminated from AI tonight? I hope it wasn't someone you both liked!

Everybody is someone I like. But Lil (from Memphis) and Anoop (from SC) got booted tonite and those were the two who should have gone. When it gets down to just a few---you just know it's inevitable. The best 5 are left, IMO.

Well if they needed to go then it's probably a good thing they got them out of there. Although I always hate to see their faces full of disappointment when they are eliminated. I think that's one of the reasons I don't watch the show very often. I always feel so sorry for them. :'(

I remember what Simon said once - that if they want to "short-circuit" their way to the top, they should be prepared to take the criticism and the disappointment when it comes their way.

It's still very sad though.

Does anyone here get TCM (Turner Classic Movies)? Tonight they are airing "The Long Long Trailer" starring Lucille Ball, Desi Arnaz and Margorie Main. It starts at 12:00 midnight Eastern Time (11:00 pm Central).

I'll be watching it. Anyone wishing to join me is more than welcome! I'd love the company. Jess and Shasta, do you think maybe you will watch it? It's a very funny movie. I've seen it dozens of times and I love it. :)

I wish I could find it on DVD.

injest

« Reply #1283 on: April 23, 2009, 07:03:52 pm »
I would love to, David but I am working tomorrow, I better not..

{{David}}

maybe something good will come on over the weekend and we can have a night of it!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1284 on: April 24, 2009, 12:23:57 am »
I can't imagine buying a 40 foot luxury trailer for $1750.00! Geez, those were the days. And their new car wasn't very expensive either!

God, those ladies act like they are on drugs! They are so happy, dancing around the trailer helping Stacy put everything away. lol

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1285 on: April 24, 2009, 12:26:09 am »
I always thought Desi Arnaz was very handsome! He had great hair.

That trailer is beautiful. I wouldn't mind owning a trailer like that now. I think in many ways it would still be in style. But that doorbell would get on my LAST nerve. It plays a little song every time they open up the door.

Desi is scared to death of that big ole' trailer in back of him. This scene is funny where he tries to handle it in traffic.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1286 on: April 24, 2009, 12:27:27 am »
Somebody put a Just Married sign on the back of the trailer. That's why everyone is honking at them.

"This thing is a freight train! 40 feet of train!" LOL

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1287 on: April 24, 2009, 12:28:52 am »
That traffic cop is sooo funny! He's clearly annoyed.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1288 on: April 24, 2009, 12:36:28 am »
hahaha! She thinks Stacy twisted her ankle! Nicky was simply trying to carry her "over the thresh hold". If that is even possible in a trailer.

They call each other "trailerites"! LOL

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1289 on: April 24, 2009, 12:48:26 am »
I'm glad that you enjoyed/are enjoying the movie. I had to work tonite---haven't even been home an hour yet. It's bedtime (past bedtime for me). So---hope to watch with ya'll some other day!!

Did Cody and Oreo watch with you?  ;D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~