Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2158254 times)

mvansand76

Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #1270 on: January 26, 2007, 05:13:22 pm »
I'll def keep it in mind!

No no no no no, don't keep it in mind, READ IT!  ;)

Were you able to download that Cold Case episode, Kelda?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:03:47 pm by Kelda »

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1271 on: January 26, 2007, 05:22:21 pm »
I'll def keep it in mind!

Go read chapter one right now, Kelda!  :D

We'll quiz you on it tomorrow.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:04:11 pm by Kelda »
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1272 on: January 26, 2007, 05:26:58 pm »
Go read chapter one right now, Kelda!  :
No no no no no, don't keep it in mind, READ IT!  ;)

Were you able to download that Cold Case episode, Kelda?

We'll quiz you on it tomorrow.  ;)

heee heee, I just have got our laptop up and running on broadband so I have lots of things to do and download.. both are on a long list!! But it satrts with downlaoding the amazing race!!!!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1273 on: January 26, 2007, 06:21:40 pm »
We'll quiz you on it tomorrow.  ;)

heee heee, I just have got our laptop up and running on broadband so I have lots of things to do and download.. both are on a long list!! But it satrts with downlaoding the amazing race!!!!!!

Oh, I LOVE The Amazing Race!!!

You should try to find the one where they go to the Netherlands! I was trying to explain this to Melissa once. I think it's either season 2 or 3. It's the one with Riechen in it.  :)

The part where they were strapped to a windmill was a riot. It looked like fun too. I would love to try that sometime.   :D
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 07:04:35 pm by Kelda »

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #1274 on: January 26, 2007, 06:46:24 pm »
currently downlaoding season 10 on bit torrent.. will get round to downlaoding them all!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #1275 on: January 27, 2007, 12:50:59 am »
David-

Here I am, here I am!

I'm starting it again-will read with k*lda. Do we want to have a SoG book club-discuss chapters at a time? Or should we just do general gushing? My SoG story is I avoided it forever because of the whole drug dealer/Fed plot line. OMG am I glad Mandy told me to read it because Jesus Mary and Joseph...

O0
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 11:28:37 am by Kelda »

Heathen

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1276 on: January 27, 2007, 01:04:50 am »
Welcome RouxB!!

Kerry just finished chapter 14, and we are currently attempting to talk Kelda into reading the story! I plan on reading the entire story again this weekend. Amy has been dropping by from time to time and posting here too!  :)

Kerry will be reading a very emotional chapter soon, remember RouxB? Chapter 15 was really good. I think this is the chapter where Ellis talks about the quilt. Maybe it's in chapter 16. I better stop talking because I don't want to post any spoilers.

Thanks for joining us RouxB.  :D

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #1277 on: January 27, 2007, 02:25:50 am »
Amy - I can't thank you enough for this beautiful part of Chapter 12 (***Beware Spoilers***)

“Jack, I—it’s more than this for me,” Ennis said urgently, his lips almost touching Jack’s, desperate for Jack to hear beyond his words. He clutched Jack’s hip tightly, fingers sinking into his skin. “It’s more than just this.”

Jack stopped moving, pulling Ennis’s hand up to his mouth to kiss his knuckles, run his tongue along Ennis’s palm. “I know,” he whispered. The tears that Jack had been fighting back all morning were overflowing now, running down the sides of his face to form uneven pools on the dingy white sheets.

“Aaah, god, Jack,” Ennis exhaled, catching Jack’s tears in his hand. They made love silently except for their low moans, the sounds of their bodies joining together. Ennis thrust steady and strong, wanting to make it good for Jack, wanting him to feel loved. Jack came quietly, a deep trembling sigh, spilling over into Ennis’s hand. Ennis wasn’t far behind, his own tears wetting Jack’s collarbone as he fell forward, his body shaking against Jack’s warm skin.

Even through his grief, Jack offered what Ennis needed. He reached a gentle hand up to stroke Ennis’s hair, murmuring, “It’s all right, Ennis. It’s all right,” into his ear. And Ennis knew that deserving or not, he had been forgiven.

You have enriched my life with your beautiful writing, Amy. It is frightfully good! (the parts where I blubbed the most are in italics  :'()
« Last Edit: January 27, 2007, 02:29:49 am by Kerry »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #1278 on: January 27, 2007, 02:33:18 am »
Amy - I can't thank you enough for this beautiful part of Chapter 12 (***Beware Spoilers***)

[color=blue]“Jack, I—it’s more than this for me,” Ennis said urgently, his lips almost touching Jack’s, desperate for Jack to hear beyond his words. He clutched Jack’s hip tightly, fingers sinking into his skin. “It’s more than just this.”

Jack stopped moving, pulling Ennis’s hand up to his mouth to kiss his knuckles, run his tongue along Ennis’s palm. “I know,” he whispered. The tears that Jack had been fighting back all morning were overflowing now, running down the sides of his face to form uneven pools on the dingy white sheets.

“Aaah, god, Jack,” Ennis exhaled, catching Jack’s tears in his hand. They made love silently except for their low moans, the sounds of their bodies joining together. Ennis thrust steady and strong, wanting to make it good for Jack, wanting him to feel loved. Jack came quietly, a deep trembling sigh, spilling over into Ennis’s hand. Ennis wasn’t far behind, his own tears wetting Jack’s collarbone as he fell forward, his body shaking against Jack’s warm skin.

Even through his grief, Jack offered what Ennis needed. He reached a gentle hand up to stroke Ennis’s hair, murmuring, “It’s all right, Ennis. It’s all right,” into his ear. And Ennis knew that deserving or not, he had been forgiven.[/color]

You have enriched my life with your beautiful writing, Amy. It is frightfully good! (the parts where I blubbed the most are in italics  :'()

Especially the part I highlighted in red. I just loved that..... "catching Jack's tears in his hand". Can you imagine those big, blue eyes spilling over with tears. Oh, it breaks my heart to even think about it. Of course we caught a glimpse of it in BBM as Jack was driving to Mexico after being turned down by Ennis. But somehow, this scene in SoG even made me more sad. He caught Jack's tears in his hand.

Lord have mercy.

RouxB... sorry but I didn't answer part of your question. We will start gushing over the entire story soon. Right now, we are just generalizing. I think it's probably okay to comment on specific chapters as long as we post a **SPOILER** flag at the top of our posts. Truth is, we really don't have any rules here Ruby! We're just glad you're joining us. Jump on in here and tell us what you thought of the story!  :D

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #1279 on: January 27, 2007, 02:46:59 am »
Especially the part I highlighted in red. I just loved that..... "catching Jack's tears in his hand". Can you imagine those big, blue eyes spilling over with tears. Oh, it breaks my heart to even think about it. Of course we caught a glimpse of it in BBM as Jack was driving to Mexico after being turned down by Ennis. But somehow, this scene in SoG even made me more sad. He caught Jack's tears in his hand.

Lord have mercy.

RouxB... sorry but I didn't answer part of your question. We will start gushing over the entire story soon. Right now, we are just generalizing. I think it's probably okay to comment on specific chapters as long as we post a **SPOILER** flag at the top of our posts. Truth is, we really don't have any rules here Ruby! We're just glad you're joining us. Jump on in here and tell us what you thought of the story!  :D

Yes, so very beautiful. And also the fact that it is more than just sex for Ennis. So much more than just the sex act for him. Ennis is "desperate for Jack to hear beyond his words." And even though Ennis is making love to Jack, his primary consideration is "wanting to make it good for Jack, wanting him to feel loved."

Sigh. What a man that Ennis is.  :'(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν