Author Topic: Messages From The Heartland  (Read 2188457 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Messages From The Heartland
« Reply #2120 on: November 17, 2007, 05:25:07 pm »
Wachin K'sapa Yo Alex Hau Slol Yapi Wahi Was'te Wasin Ni Wochangi!!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

(Alex is back visiting me again and I'm very happy about it!)

Whooo-eeee! That's great news. I'm happy for you to hear this.  :D

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #2121 on: November 17, 2007, 05:35:39 pm »
Yay David!!!

Hi Alex!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2122 on: November 17, 2007, 07:46:06 pm »
David and Alex -- have a great holiday season together!!  :)

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2123 on: November 17, 2007, 07:49:41 pm »
Wachin K'sapa Yo Alex Hau Slol Yapi Wahi Was'te Wasin Ni Wochangi!!!

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

(Alex is back visiting me again and I'm very happy about it!)

I need to get upstairs and spend time with Alex!  :D

That's great news David!!! I hope you and Alex have a great visit.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2124 on: November 17, 2007, 09:05:25 pm »
Is that your dog in my fridge again, David?!!!  >:(   ;)   :D

If that was a picture of a golden retriever sitting in there then I would swear it was my dog!! :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2125 on: November 17, 2007, 09:15:11 pm »
I once lived in a haunted house. Or rather, a haunted apartment.

Hi Kerry! :D

When I lived in Evansville, I had an experience with the mirror witch, Mary Worth.

I don't even know why I'm talking about this on the Internet, because everybody I tell it to doesn't believe me and I rarely talk about it anymore.

One night I, along with a group of my gay friends decided to try and summon the mirror witch in my bathroom mirror. This was in 1999. Several of my friends went ahead of me, and when each of them returned from the bathroom they each said nothing happened. (You have to go into the bathroom alone.) So, I decided to go in there next. I walked into the dark bathroom with only a candle. I set the candle down on the bathroom counter, gazed into the mirror and began chanting "Mary Worth, Mary Worth, Mary Worth..." . At some point (probably around the 10th time I chanted her name) I blinked my eyes, and suddenly the reflection of my face was replaced with an ugly, evil looking old woman. It scared the fire out of me. She didn't snatch out and try to scratch my eyes like she does in the legend. But there she was, or rather there I WAS looking like her in the mirror's reflection. I ran out of that bathroom as fast as my ass could carry me.

For a month or two I had strange feelings every time I went into that bathroom; almost as if she was somehow still in there. I kept thinking the feeling would wear off, but it never did. Well, I got tired of that shit and moved out of the house. I was renting it anyway, so it really didn't matter.

I admit the reflection I saw may have been my imagination, and it probably was. Who knows. But I know what I saw, and I will never try it again. That was one of the most scariest experiences I have ever had in my entire life.

I DON'T recommend anyone trying this!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2126 on: November 17, 2007, 09:25:55 pm »
Thanks Chrissi, Kelda, Jack, Shasta and everyone!!

Alex says hey to all ya'll!! :D

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2127 on: November 17, 2007, 09:28:53 pm »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #2128 on: November 17, 2007, 10:19:07 pm »
Hi Kerry! :D

When I lived in Evansville, I had an experience with the mirror witch, Mary Worth.

I don't even know why I'm talking about this on the Internet, because everybody I tell it to doesn't believe me and I rarely talk about it anymore.

One night I, along with a group of my gay friends decided to try and summon the mirror witch in my bathroom mirror. This was in 1999. Several of my friends went ahead of me, and when each of them returned from the bathroom they each said nothing happened. (You have to go into the bathroom alone.) So, I decided to go in there next. I walked into the dark bathroom with only a candle. I set the candle down on the bathroom counter, gazed into the mirror and began chanting "Mary Worth, Mary Worth, Mary Worth..." . At some point (probably around the 10th time I chanted her name) I blinked my eyes, and suddenly the reflection of my face was replaced with an ugly, evil looking old woman. It scared the fire out of me. She didn't snatch out and try to scratch my eyes like she does in the legend. But there she was, or rather there I WAS looking like her in the mirror's reflection. I ran out of that bathroom as fast as my ass could carry me.

For a month or two I had strange feelings every time I went into that bathroom; almost as if she was somehow still in there. I kept thinking the feeling would wear off, but it never did. Well, I got tired of that shit and moved out of the house. I was renting it anyway, so it really didn't matter.

I admit the reflection I saw may have been my imagination, and it probably was. Who knows. But I know what I saw, and I will never try it again. That was one of the most scariest experiences I have ever had in my entire life.

I DON'T recommend anyone trying this!

That sounds very scary, indeed, David!  :o

I've never heard of Mary Worth and now that you've described what happened to you, I intend to keep it that way.  :-\

Thanks for the warning, David!  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2129 on: November 17, 2007, 11:22:44 pm »
I have heard of the Mary Worth thing, but I'd never do it. I am always tooooo chicken to do stuff like that. I don't blame you for moving out asap, David!!

I went to high school in Missouri. On a dirt road outside Senath (where our high school was) there was said to be "The Light". People always tried to get me to go, but I WOULD NOT!!!! You wouldn't catch me there even in daylight. Here's an article I found about it on a myspace page.
 :o

"The Senath Light located just outside of Senath Mo, has been a haunted attraction for many many years. It is rumored to be the ghost of a woman who is carrying a lantern down the old sandy road looking for her husband, who she later found hanging in a tree. (Which is where the hanging tree came into play). Once arriving at the light you are to honk your car horn 3 times and flash your lights 3 times. You may have to wait anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to see it. Some nights it doesnt appear at all. Once it appears it will seem to be near the end of the road and a yellowish color, it then begins to bounce back and forth getting closer to you the longer you sit and watch. If the light gets too close to your car , your car is rumored to not start and you must wait it out. Several people have different stories about the occurances at the light. Please leave your stories about the light under comments. Here are the directions to the light. Turn on C highway just off of 412 outside of Senath. Go 2 miles down C. Once you hit the T intersection cross over to the gravel road and go straight about a 1 1/2 mile. Turn right onto a sandy road between a field and a grey siding house with a red shed. This is the light road. Continue on to the spot where the trees meet and form a tunnel. This is where you want to stop and wait. Good Luck"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~