Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2631214 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3690 on: January 25, 2008, 11:12:26 pm »
Yes, I do feel like I'm suspended somehow, waiting for Heath to be buried in his home, with his loved ones near.  It's hard because if he were an actual friend in real life, I could go and be there and feel like I'm doing something.  As it is, I just feel kind of ghost-like, watching from a distance.  :(

This is turning out to be a popular week to pass on.  Nova's dad passed, and dear Jackie (painted shoes), and I just got word an old friend of my parents passed away Wednesday.  Also on Tuesday, a good friend of my roommate's died of pneumonia.  But at least all of those folks had lived a long to longish life.  Poor dear Heath had only just begun.  :-\
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008, 11:25:46 pm by Meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3691 on: January 26, 2008, 12:03:45 am »
Yes, I do feel like I'm suspended somehow, waiting for Heath to be buried in his home, with his loved ones near.  It's hard because if he were an actual friend in real life, I could go and be there and feel like I'm doing something.  As it is, I just feel kind of ghost-like, watching from a distance.  :(

This is turning out to be a popular week to pass on.  Nova's dad passed, and I just got word an old friend of my parents passed away Wednesday.  Also on Tuesday, a good friend of my roommate's died of pneumonia.  But at least all of those folks had lived a long life.  Poor dear Heath had only just begun.  :-\

I think that is part of what is making the experience so, for lack of a more precise word, difficult - caring so much, yet knowing to the family, I am such an outsider, a nothing, if you will...
 :-\
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3692 on: January 26, 2008, 12:12:43 pm »

I am so very sad this morning.  I read your comments Meryl and Belle.  One
thing came to mind.  We cannot be there for him.  We cannot be with his family or
personal friends.  We cannot pay tribute in that way.  All we can do is to be there for
each other.  How much better of a tribute can we give him.
            To soothe the pain of those who loved him as we did. from a distance.  We loved
him not because he was beautiful  Because he was beautiful.  We loved him not because he
was a move star.  Which he most certainly was.  We loved him because that he had such
wonderful talent, such a kind heart, and gently soul, but,  because he took our breath away. 
             But I still say love your fellows who grieve, in rememberance of him.  You too will
be among stars.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 01:51:45 pm by ifyoucantfixit »

Beautiful mind

injest

« Reply #3693 on: January 26, 2008, 12:22:16 pm »
{{Janice}}

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3694 on: January 26, 2008, 02:46:17 pm »
I have received emails from people proposing making donations to the Human Rights Fund in his name, also one suggesting making a donation based on the amount of time Fred Phelps bunch protests. There are avenues to direct our grief, but they are so different than what we would do for someone we hold in such high regard.

I look forward to things getting back to what ever normal will be after this. Strange to think it was 2 years ago that I first became aware of those kids trying to deal with sudden celebrity. The cold air and the grey skys take me back, almost make me hear the twang of that music.

There is nothing we can do about it, we'll have to stand it.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3695 on: January 27, 2008, 01:54:46 pm »

Some things cannot be fixed.  You gotta stand it.

Beautiful mind

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #3696 on: January 28, 2008, 07:21:56 am »
Just peeking in, checkin' up on my big brother!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3697 on: January 28, 2008, 07:51:34 pm »

Hey Tru,

Popping in to say hello.. 
How are you bud?

~M

p/s: I think this is the 5000th post in your forum.   ;)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3698 on: January 28, 2008, 08:04:14 pm »
I have received emails from people proposing making donations to the Human Rights Fund in his name, also one suggesting making a donation based on the amount of time Fred Phelps bunch protests. There are avenues to direct our grief, but they are so different than what we would do for someone we hold in such high regard.

I look forward to things getting back to what ever normal will be after this. Strange to think it was 2 years ago that I first became aware of those kids trying to deal with sudden celebrity. The cold air and the grey skys take me back, almost make me hear the twang of that music.

There is nothing we can do about it, we'll have to stand it.

At least we can stand it together.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3699 on: January 28, 2008, 08:13:11 pm »
Sometimes you just want it all to be normal again, or get to something that will become normal.

With that in mind, I'll start back with some rambling.

Judy, my friend, Ohiomyown, once told me she never left anything in Florid that was worth going back for. I thought that was funny. My first experience had been like that, I had taken my first plane trip at the end of 1980 to Ft. Lauderdale to visit relatives I didn't know very well and have never seen again. They were my mothers cousin who was a domineering woman with MS and two of her three adult children, all of whom had some kind of developmental disorder. I shared a fold out bed with my cousin John who talked nonstop about the Miami Dolphins, knew all the stats, he was obsessed, and if we touched in the night, say at 3 am he would say excuse me like he was wide awake. I understand he later lost his job at the bank for making photocopies for his mother.

What does that have to do with anything? I dunno.

My second trip to Florida was in 1998 when my whole extended family went to see the Shuttle take off. That was quite an experience. It was in October, the weather was fairer, and it was cathartic all in all.

This time the trip would come too soon after my get together with my buds at Don Wroe's cabin to do it justice, and would be overshadowed by Heath Ledgers' untimely death. But what a good few days it was.

We walked out to the plane, it was cold and the plane was tiny but it was at least a jet and soon we were in Atlanta board in train to take us to the next terminal. Plato and a Platypus Walk Into a Bar kept my mind occupied and laughing all the way to Orlando, landing under overcast skies and temps in the low 60s on the Fahrenheit scale, maybe about 18 on the Celsius. Our chariot awaited, a Chrysler Seabring, a pimpmoblie, the younger sibling of Rouxblicious's Alberta Pimpwagon, it had 82 miles on it. GPS to tell us where to turn, we finally reached our destination, Disney's resort complex, a nation unto itself.

Disney is huge. You drive for miles to get to Goofy's parking lot to board a conveyance to take you to the monorail to take you to the entrance. And granted the main part of it is for kids, since I didn;t get to see it as a kid that was the first part we saw, before it and me got any older.

Two men with two little boys approached us and asked we take their picture with their camera. The way they were hovering about the children made it clear they were the fathers, and these were their kids. So cool. 99.9% of the rest of the day was the usual adventure in heterosexuality. We walked, I'd say, 15 miles. My feet and legs were so sore, the technology of the place amazed me, but whenever I sat down I would fall asleep. Two days of Disney, and then it was time to head out to meet the Brokies.

My first reaction to the magic kingdom:

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."