Author Topic: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings  (Read 2631026 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Shakesthegrounds Rumblings
« Reply #3850 on: February 14, 2008, 06:36:14 pm »
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TRU

« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 07:38:18 pm by injest »
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #3851 on: February 14, 2008, 07:37:35 pm »
You ever look at a picture like that and wonder about the story behind it? Were they actors? Lovers? Did their relatives see it?

When we were up at the Stock Show a few weeks ago, out in the parking lot two handsome boys no older than twenty were loading their truck and they gave each other a huge hug when they finished and one said something about "Once in a lifetime" but I didn't hear the rest....

THAT is a story I would like to know the rest of! Were they brothers? didn't look like it to me....just good friends? what?

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #3852 on: February 14, 2008, 10:00:55 pm »
THAT is a story I would like to know the rest of! Were they brothers? didn't look like it to me....just good friends? what?

THAT I recognize. It first come to me doing Genealogy on my ancestors. We have a ton of clues, but no testamony.

I think the testamony will come with out generation, our time.  We will tell our stories, best we can.

Love you Jess!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3853 on: February 14, 2008, 10:35:19 pm »
THAT I recognize. It first come to me doing Genealogy on my ancestors. We have a ton of clues, but no testamony.

I think the testamony will come with out generation, our time.  We will tell our stories, best we can.

Love you Jess!
Ya know, I think that would be a great name for a...I don't know, theatrical event maybe.
Where people get on stage and tell their stories. Maybe call it "Testimony: The Gay Narratives."
Gay men and women,family members of gay men and women, would stand on a dark stage, a spotlight would come on and behind them a screen with images of their life. They would tell thier stories and the lights would go dark then another spotlight down the stage would come on and another person would start their story.
I think it would be powerful.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #3854 on: February 14, 2008, 10:49:16 pm »

Instead of it being" the vagina monologues."  I could be called the "Gay chronologues."

Beautiful mind

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #3855 on: February 14, 2008, 10:58:15 pm »

Instead of it being" the vagina monologues."  I could be called the "Gay chronologues."

Good One!! I like it.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #3856 on: February 14, 2008, 11:34:25 pm »
Whatever you do, don't call it the Penis Monologues.    :-X

No, or you'll wind up in deep shit, like Jane Fonda, who apparently used the "c"-word that means vagina on the Today show this morning.

I understand it went out over the air here on the East Coast, but NBC was able to block in time zones farther west.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3857 on: February 14, 2008, 11:36:38 pm »
This is a good idea, Richard.  How about "Love: Calling It By Name" as a title, in reference to the old and antiquated adage "the love that dare not speak its name."

Some conservatives complain because, so they say, "the love that dare not speak its name" now never seems to shut up. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #3858 on: February 14, 2008, 11:54:18 pm »
Darn, the stuff I'll miss now that I've moved to California.   :laugh:  Bet nobody saw Miss Jackson's boob out here either.

Why did Jane use the "c" word?  Was she mad at somebody?   :laugh:

Naw, she was on the show because she's doing a production of the play The Vagina Monologues.

Unfortunately I was already at work, so I missed it. I just read about it on AOL news.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #3859 on: February 15, 2008, 07:53:03 am »
Naw, she was on the show because she's doing a production of the play The Vagina Monologues.

Unfortunately I was already at work, so I missed it. I just read about it on AOL news.

Aah, YouTube...(have the sound down at work)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3qXUFyzrjM[/youtube]