Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 541424 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1420 on: January 20, 2007, 11:42:04 am »
SPOILER

This chapter has so much fun!  Have I said how much I love Ennis & Ellery?  I believe so.  Great chapter as always, Louise.

Yep!  And . . .

A mention of the rings - I love any mention of their rings!  :)

Yay - an answering machine! - and a Bat Phone!  It must be red, of course!   :laugh:

I hope you have a wonderful day visiting, Louise! 

Thank You!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1421 on: January 20, 2007, 11:54:32 am »
SPOILER

A mention of the rings - I love any mention of their rings!  :)

I'm with you, Marie. I love any mention of their rings!

Although one point that is a bit puzzling...back before Ennis arrived in Laramie, as I recall, Bill was calling Ellery morning, noon, and night. So how can Ellery say the phone didn't ring for a month? LOL...of course, in those days, Bill's phone calls weren't interrupting "getting fancy" moments so maybe Ellery doesn't remember them quite as well...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1422 on: January 20, 2007, 01:29:28 pm »

..... LOL...of course, in those days, Bill's phone calls weren't interrupting "getting fancy" moments so maybe Ellery doesn't remember them quite as well...

L

Very true!   :laugh:  And, also, I think that Bill's phone calls became such a matter of course, such an annoying routine . . . that Ellery probably didn't even think of them as real "phone calls"!  LOL! 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1423 on: January 20, 2007, 01:53:43 pm »

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1424 on: January 20, 2007, 01:55:58 pm »
I don't know what you all think but I think Wayne should be invited to the wedding reception!  :P
He manages to add a little edge and humour to everything, as far as I am concerned anyway ..
I bet Ennis doesn't see it that way, not to mention Pookie ..  ;D

I agree, Milli ..... but I don't think there are many of us!!  ;D

Gorgeous banner and avatar, as always!  :-*

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1425 on: January 20, 2007, 02:09:31 pm »
I'm with you, Marie. I love any mention of their rings!

Although one point that is a bit puzzling...back before Ennis arrived in Laramie, as I recall, Bill was calling Ellery morning, noon, and night. So how can Ellery say the phone didn't ring for a month? LOL...of course, in those days, Bill's phone calls weren't interrupting "getting fancy" moments so maybe Ellery doesn't remember them quite as well...

L

There are a couple of reasons for that:  1) Bill's phoning Ellery morning noon and night became a prominent feature of Ellery's existence as soon as he started seeing Ennis, and 2) Ellery isn't going to let on to Ennis just how much Bill phoned him in the time leading up to Ennis showing up, because the way Ennis feels about Bill isn't exactly jealousy - it is more like hatred, and doesn't fall in quite the same category, since Ennis now has Bill to blame for his legbone.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

« Reply #1426 on: January 20, 2007, 02:41:36 pm »
I think Ennis has a fair idea of how many times a day Bill called Ellery, since he witnessed quite a few. On the other hand, though I understand Ennis's hatred towards Bill because of the legbone, he should look at the bright side. Now he gets to fuck make love to Ellery when they aren't working, eating, doing grocery shopping or at the bathroom, while Bill rots in jail.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1427 on: January 20, 2007, 10:14:07 pm »
Here is some news about Hugh's next big Australian film which appeared in the Sunday papers today.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/film/baz-gives-us-peek-at-outback-epic-bigger-than-texas/2007/01/20/1169096028411.html

PS In working my way through a re-read of The Long Way Home I noticed that Ellery had a naughty drug-induced dream featuring Dupree. Dupree meanwhile is having naughty thoughts about Ellery. These two have some sort of subterranean thing about each other. I wonder what affect this might have on their work relationship as Dupree is so much more conscious of his sexuality these days.

Can you imagine the two of them arguing about who gets to be bottom!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 10:27:28 pm by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1428 on: January 20, 2007, 11:37:21 pm »
subterranean is one way to put it!

However, the dream, for what it's worth, was more Ellery's apprehension of Dupree's attraction to him, at least, that's what he insists when I quiz him about it.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1429 on: January 21, 2007, 01:46:23 pm »
ha, thought I forgot about ya!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/203785.html  "27. Delegating"
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 04:17:41 pm by louisev »