Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 541488 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1670 on: February 19, 2007, 12:25:26 pm »
Update!

I should have this book done any... day... now.... *drags it on*

http://louisev.livejournal.com/212077.html  "51.  RSVP"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1671 on: February 20, 2007, 02:35:25 pm »

"A Small Circle of Friends" update -

http://louisev.livejournal.com/212268.html  "Chapter 52:  Obligations"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1672 on: February 20, 2007, 02:44:44 pm »
Just the thing to warm up a cold afternoon!   Thanks Louisev!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1673 on: February 20, 2007, 02:48:15 pm »
hey! there ARE people reading!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1674 on: February 20, 2007, 07:02:41 pm »
Of course we're reading!   :laugh:

SPOILER

Holy Effin' Moly, Louise!!!! 

Too funny:

We got ta talk about this... when he hasn’t got his finger up my ass.   :laugh: :laugh:

Unbelievably hawt:

“Just like that...!”     :o :o

So damn sweet:

"Now let Nicky sing ya a lullaby,” He nuzzled Jeremy’s ear once more and hummed softly against his neck.

There ya have it - a perfect chapter!

Thanks, Louise - we love ya!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1675 on: February 20, 2007, 10:49:10 pm »
I know I have been doing a lot of whining in "Louise on Tour" about the mundane crapola that I have to go through which isn't all that different than the mundane crapola that Ellery and Wes and Ennis deal with in my story... I am so good at dealing with mundane crapola I haven't had enough of it, so I have to write fiction about it!

I have committed, come he*k or high water, to finish "A Small Circle of Friends" and will be opening up my Livejournal to the public for the current Laramie Tales.

I will also be letting people know some of the nitty gritty of my situation as it affects my publishing projects and my business, since I am putting up a secondary domain after having problems with my Canadian host:

www.zebratta.com
www.zebratta.net is now under construction and will have a set of email addresses as well so that no matter what one hosting service does to me I still have a website going!

Stay tuned for that on the Private Friends list.

I will be flying on Friday to Aussieland, and will have broadband no matter what, thanks to the help of Australian friends, but will have to actually sleep once I get there, at least for a little while!

yb

« Reply #1676 on: February 20, 2007, 11:03:02 pm »
Louise, are you going to start your work next Monday or will you have time to settle down a bit?  If you happen to pass by HK any time, do let me know.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1677 on: February 21, 2007, 12:12:37 am »
I am trying to find out whether they have secured my flight as yet.  I booked the hotel for Sunday night and Monday night and will be resting hopefully all day on Monday.

And I will certainly keep everyone informed of where I wander!

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #1678 on: February 21, 2007, 04:44:49 am »
The other day I watched the biography of Freddie Mercury on TV. His lover for the last six years of his life was a guy called Jim Hutton who was interviewed as part of the program. Apparently Mercury used to introduce him as “my husband”. When Freddie tested HIV positive he told Jim that if he wanted to leave he'd understand to which he replied: "I'm not going to walk out on you - now or ever."

He sounded such a loving man, was extremely good looking and very manly. When he lost his job he went to work for his lover as his gardener despite Mercury’s millions! Couldn’t help but put me in mind of Ennis and Ellery. Here is a photo of the pair.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 04:57:29 am by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline opinionista

« Reply #1679 on: February 21, 2007, 05:44:00 am »
The other day I watched the biography of Freddie Mercury on TV. His lover for the last six years of his life was a guy called Jim Hutton who was interviewed as part of the program. Apparently Mercury used to introduce him as “my husband”. When Freddie tested HIV positive he told Jim that if he wanted to leave he'd understand to which he replied: "I'm not going to walk out on you - now or ever."

He sounded such a loving man, was extremely good looking and very manly. When he lost his job he went to work for his lover as his gardener despite Mercury’s millions! Couldn’t help but put me in mind of Ennis and Ellery. Here is a photo of the pair.

Oh Jo, thanks for posting this. This is a heartwarming story. I loved Freddie Mercury. He was very open about his sexuality in times that were more difficult for the gay community than it is today. And in that sense Ellery has always reminded me of him. I think Freddie opened up a lot of doors for gay men. This is one of his famous quotes (he said it in an interview in 1974): "I am as gay as a daffodil, dear.”
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.