Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 541494 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #2040 on: July 15, 2007, 10:30:50 pm »
wow, that is high praise indeed, Marie!  If you ever have any thoughts come up you want to share about the plots of these things and the investigations, just give the Greenlea County Sheriff's department a call!  I'll be there in a minute!

and of course, you know it isnt over with Mel and his son, and it isnt over with Paula either!

As far as I can see, the Greenlea County Sheriff's Department is doing the best they can under some extraordinary circumstances -  it's amazing to realize that we're only now starting the second day of the story!   I have complete faith in Wes, Ellery and the newly promoted Sweet Thing - now that's a triumvirate I'd put up against any other law enforcement agency anywhere!  :)  Yep - I'm anxious to learn more about Barry  - and the increasingly mysterious Paula. 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2041 on: July 15, 2007, 10:36:40 pm »
As we all think of Lance in his time of distress, we might do well to remember what Lance looks like (I dug this up from the archives....)

Hot Damn - I'd forgotten about this visual.   :o  Thanks for the reminder, L! 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2042 on: July 16, 2007, 06:00:51 pm »
and would you believe it?

http://louisev.livejournal.com/228347.html  Chesterfield Fortune 41.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2043 on: July 16, 2007, 10:09:59 pm »
No, I don't believe it.

Thanks Louise.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2044 on: July 16, 2007, 10:35:25 pm »
SPOILERS

Had to read that chapter twice....Holy Shit, Louise.  So this is why Paula was so p.o.'d when she first brought Mel to the station...but I'm wondering if she had picked up on these "weird" vibes before and that's part of the reason she was so reluctant to get Mel from the hospital in the first place?  Hmmm....

Her friend Mary is great - too bad Paula doesn't have any friends who live a little closer.  She's in desperate need of a 'girls' night out.'

"Nothing deflates an erection faster than a bible.”   :laugh:  Good one, Mary.

Very curious to see what happens next. 

Thanks, Louise
Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2045 on: July 17, 2007, 03:01:06 pm »
and now for another revelation !

http://louisev.livejournal.com/228572.html  Chesterfield Fortune Ch 42.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2046 on: July 17, 2007, 03:41:13 pm »
Wow, Louise....

So we meet Lily Brand and find out who was in the truck.

Great chapter!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2047 on: July 17, 2007, 04:15:45 pm »
Wow, Louise... is right.

Just when I think this story can't get any better - it does.  Another revelation and another name from the past!

Thanks,
Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2048 on: July 20, 2007, 10:41:02 am »
yes yes, I will be putting up another Chesterfield chapter tonight after work, and the blessed weekend comes.

I had to do some reading review, which was much too brief last night since I didnt even have dinner until 9:30 after getting back from Nightmare on the M4, and now comes the plot-reintegration part.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2049 on: July 20, 2007, 11:35:19 am »
yes yes, I will be putting up another Chesterfield chapter tonight after work, and the blessed weekend comes.

I had to do some reading review, which was much too brief last night since I didnt even have dinner until 9:30 after getting back from Nightmare on the M4, and now comes the plot-reintegration part.

Dinner at 9:30?  Oh, my.  Had a few of those days myself. 

Yes, I can well imagine having to do a reading review for the plot-reintegration - this is some ambitious story you've got going!  Thanks for the heads-up.

Marie