Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 541496 times)

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #2270 on: September 27, 2007, 02:58:04 pm »
That's ok Louise-I was just wondering what seemed to be the consensus on the next tale. You've got so many wonderful characters that a mixed plot makes the most sense to me as a reader. Maybe from your experience as an author, a mixed plot is more complicated or difficult to write. I know that next to Ellery & Colson, Nick & Jeremy are my favorites, so it sounds like whatever you decide on will make me happy.

Sorry to hear you are having to work so hard in such a lovely place, and then having a move right after that will be tough. I can be patient. I need to explore some of the other threads here anyway, so I will find plenty to keep me busy until you are able to find the time to continue.

Thanks for responding!!
Fran
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2271 on: September 27, 2007, 03:37:53 pm »
well just remember if you are rereading you are NOT alone!  and there is a whole host of people who haven't caught up with the latest story, "The Chesterfield Fortune", so you can feel free to open a topic to ask or discuss something, that is what the discussion thread is here for.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2272 on: September 27, 2007, 04:20:01 pm »
well the odds are in favor of a Nicky and Jeremy follow on story but frankly I think I am still undecided and leaning toward a mixed plot.  Some folks like the Jeremy and Nick and when I just write about them then the Ellery and Colson fans feel left out etc. so...

Hey, the more the merrier, Louise!  I know, for myself, being an Ellery/Colson fan and a Jeremy/Nick fan certainly isn't mutually exclusive - I love all your guys (and gals) !  :)

well just remember if you are rereading you are NOT alone!  and there is a whole host of people who haven't caught up with the latest story, "The Chesterfield Fortune", so you can feel free to open a topic to ask or discuss something, that is what the discussion thread is here for.

Yep - I'm both (caught up and re-reading  ;D)  - but always open for discussion! 

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2273 on: October 06, 2007, 01:52:53 pm »
Okay, well, I am in transit once again, just back from Athens, and in three days, leaving for Seattle and then resettling in California.  So I really don't have the energy or time to launch the new story right away.  But I don't really want to let all this time pass and do... nothing... so I figured I might try a few drabbles!

A cold breath of air accompanied the creak of the door as Jeremy came in, not switching the light on as he hung up his coat and slid off his boots.  He looked up to see a shadow in the doorway, backlit by the lamp on the bedside table.

"Hey, sweet thing, I thought you were never gettin home," said Nick, closing the gap between them, warm arms coming around him before their lips made contact.  "Missed you," he said, nipping at Jeremy's lower lip, and they kissed before Jeremy could stutter out a surprised hello.

"Missed you too, goddamn Wayne wailin about this that an the other thing," Jeremy said, separating reluctantly and turning the light on in the kitchen.  "Need a coffee, you weren't sleepin were you?"  He ran water in the sink to fill the coffeepot.

"No, reviewin for the test we got Monday.  Only a sadistic asshole schedules a test a week after classes start."

"Keep ya on yer toes I bet," Jeremy grinned.  "You havin some?"

"Sure, why not.  It's Friday night, we got the whole weekend ahead of us."

"Uh..."  Jeremy gave Nick a sheepish look.  "About that..."

"We don't got the whole weekend ahead of us?"

"I might need ta work tomorrow night, place has been busy an you know Colson ain't doin security no more there..."

"Yeah but I thought Ellery was fillin in.  Dammit, Jeremy!"

Jeremy turned on the coffeepot and came over to where Nick had sunk down on the sofa, his flannel robe falling open to reveal the bare torso and a muscular length of thigh, and sat down, one hand wandering toward the exposed knee.  "Hey, what happened ta 'sweet thing?'

"Ellery expects too much from you.  Look at the time, it's after 1 now, an with me in school we hardly never get ta ...have any time together anymore."

"I'm takin the hours ta pay off my loan Nick, now come on."  As Jeremy's hand settled on Nick's knee, Nick shivered.

"Yer cold."  He still sounded put out, but didn't push the hand away.

"Come on now.  Not everybody gets a new car for Christmas, or their tuition paid for."

"Don't act jealous."

"Yer the one actin jealous."

"No I ain't."

"Come on now," Jeremy's hand slid up against the grain of the hairs on Nick's thigh, and the mood shifted between them.  Jeremy moved closer, dipped his head for another kiss and Nick's head came up, his mouth soft and pliable now.  As the gentle kiss broke, more of a gradual separation than a definite thing, Jeremy said "I got some plans for us tonight, boy."

"Oh yeah?"

"You up for it?" The hand persisted as if seconding the question. 

Nick laughed.  "You bein in the mood after workin eighteen hours, I'm gonna have ta start callin you 'stud' again, boy."

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #2274 on: October 06, 2007, 01:58:21 pm »
good figuring I would say!  :)

' "Missed you," he said, nipping at Jeremy's lower lip, and they kissed before Jeremy could stutter out a surprised hello.'

Gosh, Nick, I missed you two too!

thanks for that Louise! You're the best.

Looking forward to the 'stud' drabble...  ;)

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2275 on: October 06, 2007, 02:40:37 pm »
Okay, well, I am in transit once again, just back from Athens, and in three days, leaving for Seattle and then resettling in California.  So I really don't have the energy or time to launch the new story right away.  But I don't really want to let all this time pass and do... nothing... so I figured I might try a few drabbles!

Drabbles? I LOVE drabbles!  What a great idea, Louise.  I have to say I'm exhausted just reading about your schedule - sounds like you could run rings around most people!

"You up for it?" The hand persisted as if seconding the question. 

Nick laughed.  "You bein in the mood after workin eighteen hours, I'm gonna have ta start callin you 'stud' again, boy."

LOL!  Oh, yeah - the "S" word - been awhile since we've heard that!  I have the feeling Jeremy may not be quite as uncomfortable with it as he used to be!   ;D

I'm with Fabienne - I've missed these guys so much.  What a wonderful surprise. 
That was great. Yep, you are the best, Louise.   :)

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2276 on: October 06, 2007, 03:56:58 pm »
I am sure glad there are some folks still around looking for stories!  this is great to know. I should probably post over on my LJ since many of my readers dont come here!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2277 on: October 06, 2007, 05:38:16 pm »
Hey Louise, what a Saturday afternoon treat! Thank you!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline frantic65

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Tell me what you want, boy."
« Reply #2278 on: October 08, 2007, 01:20:15 pm »
Yum-a drabble to distract me from a Monday where the kiddies have no school & are trying to make me taxicab mom!  J&N are really such a great couple. Yes-Nick, your man be a stud!!!

Drabbles will hold me just fine until you get settled Louise!!  I'll read 'em as long as you're writing 'em-no worries there!!
You're the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand, lead me there

I can't forget the taste of your mouth
From your lips the heavens pour out
I can't forget when we are one
With you alone I am free

~~Santana~~Love of My Life

yb

« Reply #2279 on: October 09, 2007, 12:28:55 am »
I am sure glad there are some folks still around looking for stories!  this is great to know. I should probably post over on my LJ since many of my readers dont come here!

I always keep an eye on new stories posted on your lj, just to let you know.