Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 541521 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1990 on: July 03, 2007, 08:36:25 am »
It was a very good nap.  I took a whole lot of medicine after eating THE WRONG BREAD in the morning, and fortunately the additional lung assistance got me through the evening and the night with minimal damage, but when I woke there were hundreds and hundreds of new hits on my LJ and it really did give me a boost, particularly since discussion of the stories themselves has slowed down somewhat... but the reading hasn't!

I did want to mention that at 34,000 words, the Chesterfield Fortune is coming close to being about half done, and now that I reached a landmark with the first two projects to send to market - 'My Day Off' and 'Taking Chances' I will get a little more of this story done before biting off the next big chunk of edits for editing the sequel.

The idea that there are still dozens of people reading the story again, or for the first time, a year after first conceiving it, has filled me with pleasure and new enthusiasm.

And in the next chapter, morning dawns wet and icy with the grim aftermath of a night of too little sleep and too much work for all of our boys, and Ellery coming out of his swoon to do what he does best:  think and worry.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1991 on: July 03, 2007, 10:31:51 am »
Oh my, Louise - the bread thing sounds scary!  Glad you are feeling better and that all the action on your LJ has given you such pleasure and enthusiasm.   :)

It doesn't surprise me at all that there are hundreds and hundreds of hits and that so many people are still reading.  Your stories are timeless. 

Thanks for the little teaser about the next chapter.  I guess it would be too much to expect that anyone would get a good night's sleep, but I'm always glad to see Ellery.  Now that he's coming out of his swoon he'll be able to use that prodigious mind of his to assist his colleagues, even if he is still confined to bed.  Maybe Colson can help with the worrying part.   :)

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1992 on: July 06, 2007, 04:19:36 pm »
yep yep yep I am working on anew chapter.

I was off to London again and busy at work and HAD NO INTERNET FOR TWO DAYS and yes I am writing a chapter!  stay tuned.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1993 on: July 06, 2007, 04:27:27 pm »
Thank God, Louise - if I go too long without Ellery I develop this weird twitch in my right eye!   :laugh:

Thanks for the notice!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1994 on: July 06, 2007, 05:10:00 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1995 on: July 06, 2007, 06:02:14 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh, Louise - you gave us a Sweet Thing and Nicky chapter!!! Thank You  :-*

"Mr. Deputy Legs"?  LOL!!  I love that - that is so Nick.  And I loved that entire conversation.  Nick's comment about Ellery's sarcastic way is a hoot.  Talk about pot and kettle!  :laugh:

“You don’t think I could change yer mind, huh?” Nick tugged on the sash of his robe.

“Hm...” Jeremy unbuttoned his shirt and discarded his tie. “Maybe. Lemme see.”

Jeremy was deeply asleep, one bare, cold arm flung over his head, the other securely holding Nick against his chest, . . .

Ahh yes, I knew it wouldn't take these boys too long to get their priorities straight!   ;D

Loved it, Louise!

Marie

P.S.  I do believe this is the first time Wes has used the "fearless leader" line on Jeremy.  I really liked hearing that - it's like Jeremy has been given the secret handshake or something.  And yay! Jeremy knows he's getting the promotion - that should help him wake up.   :)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1996 on: July 07, 2007, 08:54:51 am »
Great chapter Louise! I love the banter between Nicky and Jeremy.

And the fearless leader adds a few new entries to his 'memorable quotes' list:

“You been recreatin when we are on emergency service, Detective?”

“When a man’s got apple pie he don’t need sleep."

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

And hooray for Jeremy's promotion! Another party at Wes and Edna's in the making. Or will it be at Colson and Ellery's? hmmm
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1997 on: July 07, 2007, 10:09:53 am »

another chapter on its way!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #1998 on: July 07, 2007, 11:16:29 am »
chesterfield 35! with lots of Jeeves and Sergio and even Ellery goodness!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/226636.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1999 on: July 07, 2007, 11:55:50 am »
chesterfield 35! with lots of Jeeves and Sergio and even Ellery goodness!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/226636.html

SPOILERS

Well, we're all in fine form this morning!

“Damn. Now I know why Lance went for ya – you sure do crack the whip. What’d Simon say?”

“He said take two steps back. Now hurry.”

:laugh: :laugh: LMAO!!

'.....An no I ain’t better so no butterfieldin me up,” Ellery said. ... '

:laugh: :laugh:  Again!

“I could pose as yer lawyer.”

“Only until you opened your mouth, ...

:laugh: :laugh:  And yet again!

Louise, you ROCK!!!

Thanks,
Marie

P.S.  Jeeves is so great in this story - and, so far, he and Sergio make a pretty good team!