Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 537560 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #2080 on: July 26, 2007, 06:03:54 pm »

Contrary to expectations, here is a late-breaking Chesterfield chapter, full of Nick, Jeremy, Jeeves AND Wes!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/230485.html  "The Chesterfield Fortune: 49"

And here I had braced myself - :laugh: - for no update.  I don't do this often but ..... Squee!!!!  Off to read......

SPOILERS

And to think that I thought things were complicated before........

You gave us so much info through the great dialogue.  Wes sure made the right call in promoting Jeremy.  No photographer?  Sheesh.  And poor Jeremy ...first the rape case reminding him of his sister and now this whole Keynes mess on top of all his other stress.  I wonder how much he will tell Wes......and what will Nick's reaction be? 

In the meantime, I'm guessing Colson is going to be getting an earful from Wes.  I don't think this is a situation we've seen before.....

Great chapter, thanks!
Marie
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 06:32:51 pm by mariez »
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2081 on: July 27, 2007, 06:33:15 am »
yes Colson is going to have his talking-to I dare say!  Just in time for the weekend, look for two chapters. I hope.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2082 on: July 27, 2007, 06:55:48 pm »
okay plugging away at chapter 50 as we speak.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2083 on: July 27, 2007, 07:42:20 pm »

and here we are:  Chapter 50: the chesterfield Fortune  http://louisev.livejournal.com/230779.html

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2084 on: July 27, 2007, 08:38:28 pm »
Ah, Louise, I love reading classic lines as they are created. Who else could have come up with this?

“No better sight than a mostly naked man in a strip a spandex runnin out a the water streamin wet, sweetheart, an I ain’t lyin.”

Perfect, just perfect.

Thanks!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2085 on: July 27, 2007, 10:32:26 pm »
Ah, Louise, I love reading classic lines as they are created. Who else could have come up with this?

“No better sight than a mostly naked man in a strip a spandex runnin out a the water streamin wet, sweetheart, an I ain’t lyin.”

Perfect, just perfect.

Thanks!

L

Another Ellery classic, that's for sure!  LOL!  And then telling Wes that Colson is like a little semi-trailer truck....that's our Ellery.  And Colson watching Ellery watching the mostly naked men should stir up some of that free-floating jealousy that Ellery likes to take advantage of.   ;D

And this was sweet:  “I don’t want em ta...” Colson gulped, his voice breaking. “I don’t want em ta get worse.”    Aww...Colson.

It's not easy handling both Colson and Ellery, but, as usual, Fearless Leader was up to the task.  Great job!

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2086 on: July 28, 2007, 07:16:23 pm »
sorry for not writing a chapter today.  I had to slog through a review of a 6-hour computer based training after finishing the final 2 hours of it, then study, then ... take an online certification exam.

Then do another 4 hour CBT.  All in time for Monday morning at 9 because I counted weeks wrong.

No Saturday for me.  But I passed the cert, I got half of the second training done, and thank the powers that be there is no second test, because I would be ordering Chinese take-away and not getting my wash done at all if that were the case.

The end is in sight.  But I am bushed so I'm going to bed.

Tomorrow I have two hours of CBT left, bread and cake to make, and packing to go to Egham for the week for the training that I spent the weekend doing the prerequisites for.  But there should be time for some Chesterfield in there between mix and rise... or after paring the apples.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 04:06:30 am by louise van hine »

yb

« Reply #2087 on: July 28, 2007, 07:43:01 pm »
Take care, Louise.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2088 on: July 29, 2007, 07:04:56 am »
sorry for not writing a chapter today. 

Louise, we all know you have a life so don't worry if you can't deliver a chapter. We understand. Totally!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2089 on: July 29, 2007, 07:16:06 am »
the baking is in the oven and my courses are completed for - gasp! tomorrow! - the sun has come out briefly and I am working on chapter 51 at this hour.

For anyone who hasn't checked of late, look at my new improved Recent page:  I spent some mindless hours last night installing LJ Cuts, which I will be using from now on.