Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 537564 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #2130 on: August 04, 2007, 11:37:46 am »
Great news about the flight, Louise. We are all chomping at the bit for another chapter....

L

Yup, chomping away as usual! 

. . . . but, I must make far more time for Louise,s stories and slash in general. It,s good for me to read about hot sweaty steamy man sex.  ;)
So come on Louise, get those boys and their toys out...we want smut, and LOTS of it. Oh and heavy breathing too please.  ;) ;)

LOL!  I hope you do, souxi - and thanks for the inspiring gifts!   ;D

MWWAAAAHH, Louise.  Do take care of yourself and be safe.   :-*
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2131 on: August 04, 2007, 07:24:44 pm »
okay, I am back now, scheming about what to order for dinner now that I got to Pleasanton in one piece, sans car.  (One less headache, and one less bill to worry about getting reimbursement for... but need to figure out how to get to the groceries... I'll figure that out tomorrow.

So now... take out Chinese is probably appropriate, followed by some plot wrapping uppage.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2132 on: August 04, 2007, 09:08:51 pm »
Chinese takeout:

Hot and sour soup
General Tsao's chicken
House special lo mein

Fortune cookies

Your fortune: "Beware a dark eyed stranger"

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2133 on: August 05, 2007, 12:13:06 am »
Kind of O.T. - I'm new to these parts of the forum.  I think I am now in a place along my BBM journey, to begin reading some of the fanfic. I have been hearing and reading that there are some incredible stories out there, which piques my interest.

I signed up for a free account at Live Journal. Do I need to do anything special to view the stories? Sometimes, when I click on the links for the stories provided in this thread, I receive a message that I'm not authorized to view the protected entry.

Also, any suggestions on where a fanfic newbie should begin reading? I'm not ready for AU right now, but I am looking for something with continuity to BBM. Perhaps there is a fanfic index posted somewhere?

Sorry to be fumbling around - I appreciate any kind pointers or suggestions, and sincerely thank you for your help. PM is fine too.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2134 on: August 05, 2007, 06:21:56 am »
The place to talk about fan fiction is in our Fan Fiction area.  Each topic in that thread is for a story that has been recommended, and there is also a General recommendations thread there. 

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/board,13.0.html

And welcome to Bettermost!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2135 on: August 05, 2007, 08:20:18 am »
Here is chapter 57 of "The Chesterfield Fortune."

http://louisev.livejournal.com/232576.html

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #2136 on: August 05, 2007, 10:16:18 am »
Here is chapter 57 of "The Chesterfield Fortune."

http://louisev.livejournal.com/232576.html

OMG, twenty new chapters to catch up with!!!  :o Now, that's a welcome home present!

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2137 on: August 05, 2007, 10:53:34 am »
Wes ought to give Joe a vacation! He also working overtime when the Justin Worrell ordeal.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #2138 on: August 05, 2007, 11:21:24 am »
OMG, twenty new chapters to catch up with!!!  :o Now, that's a welcome home present!

Nice to see you, Fabienne.  Enjoy your welcome home presents - all 20 of them  ;)

SPOILERS

Every office needs a Joe - unassuming, fair-minded, and on an even keel more often than not.  And he and Ellery are both right- Keynes is a despicable weasel who was caught dead to rights.   So... Ellery's partners seem to become possessive of him....and aren't very subtle about it.  More for Colson to fret about. 

And speaking of Colson, someone mentioned a horny cowboy.....?  ;D

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2139 on: August 05, 2007, 11:24:39 am »
hee hee you bet!

Since today is one of those rare days when I actually have VIRTUALLY NOTHING TO DO and it is also only 8:30 Paciifc time (even though it feels like late afternoon inside of me) expect another chapter, and look over on the "Taking Chances" thread for updates to "Looking for Answers" which I got done this morning.