Author Topic: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill  (Read 978456 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: The Studs 'n Spurs Bar & Grill
« Reply #3570 on: August 24, 2007, 10:38:38 pm »
Yes Jess, jour is day, as in bonjour.

And aujourd'hui is today

How are y'all, ce soir?

What all's happenin?
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #3571 on: August 24, 2007, 10:45:21 pm »
been a busy afternoon and evening for me...just catching my breath!!

injest

« Reply #3572 on: August 25, 2007, 08:04:11 am »
bonjour, Roland!

comment ca va aujourd'hui??

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3573 on: August 25, 2007, 08:08:39 am »
bonjour, Roland!

comment ca va aujourd'hui??

Ça va bien, merci. Et vous?

Been having 6 hour sleeps at night, just like regular folks (instead a the 3 or 4 hours I had been gettin these past few years)... Think I'm concerned about the upcoming school year? seems not. Maybe it's the knowledge that retirement's a sure thing coming soon ... (or maybe I'm just eating better)
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #3574 on: August 25, 2007, 08:14:21 am »
So far so good for me. Looks like it might rain.....(if only it would cool it down some!)

those horses are gonna be sweating today!

six hours!! good grief....bet you feel a bit better during the day huh? I have been getting into bed an hour earlier than normal. I can tell the difference.

heck, one day this week I went to bed at 11 pm!!!!!  :o

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3575 on: August 25, 2007, 08:31:57 am »
I'm still doing the 'lay down' or nap thing in the early afternoon, but I'm staying up till midnight, and, at 6:00 AM, it's still dark out!

Been hot (near 30C - 85F) these last couple a days. Don't open the door and windows in the morning cause a the high pollen count (my allergies), so I depend on the fan to keep me cool during the day, and the air conditioner at night.

Bryan's gone to Winnipeg for the weekend, so he won't be calling, or coming over. There are problems with the games he's 'fixed', but at least I can play em.

injest

« Reply #3576 on: August 25, 2007, 08:37:16 am »
I was looking at computer games the other day...there was one that had Civ on it...(I think) anyway it had all these Roman or Greek columns and stuff..I think it was a role playing game...but it said 'expansion pack'..is that like an extra for a game you already have? I was gonna get it but I was afraid that I would have had to have something else to play it..

do you know what 'expansion pack' means??

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3577 on: August 25, 2007, 08:47:48 am »
I was looking at computer games the other day...there was one that had Civ on it...(I think) anyway it had all these Roman or Greek columns and stuff..I think it was a role playing game...but it said 'expansion pack'..is that like an extra for a game you already have? I was gonna get it but I was afraid that I would have had to have something else to play it..

do you know what 'expansion pack' means??

Yes!

You need the CIV4 program to run the Roman expansion pack. Civ4 came out some 20 months ago, and last Christmas, they came out with 2 expansion packs ... the Roman one and the one I just got (and have been playing these last 24 hours) called Civilization4 Warriors. This one's got new buildings, new types of soldiers, new civilization, new scenarios, but it basically runs the same way as Civ4 ... but you DO need the original Civ4 to be able to run the expansion pacs. (Oh, and by the way, they require a HUGE memory card!)

injest

« Reply #3578 on: August 25, 2007, 08:53:26 am »
I can't just load it on the new computer and play it? I don't know what you mean about a memory card.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #3579 on: August 25, 2007, 09:07:48 am »
I can't just load it on the new computer and play it? I don't know what you mean about a memory card.

Games need a certain amount of memory to retain the parameters of games. New games have outstanding graphics, so they require a lot more memory  in order to be able to run em. I thought I would need to buy more memory (maybe it's called something else), in order to play the expansion pack, but it runs fine - except for the patches that Bryan didn't install - just takes a lot longer to load up than the plain ol' Civ4 game.

Already warm enough in the house to start using the fan

Did you take your morning pills?

Hey did you notice a short BetterMost outage about 10 minutes ago? (it only lasted a few minutes.)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 09:21:13 am by Sheriff Roland »